**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Update for a 100% Done player.

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
I have missed log in calendars, I don't care if I log in anymore. Biggest mistake Kabam did was remove the buffs for two months . That was literally the only thing I looked forward to. I'm not spending or grinding to get the new champs so that's out of the question.

I'm currently in an ally where rhino gets 10 kills on defense sometimes.

Didn't realize how having no buffs affected my gameplay experience. I'm saying this to say, it feels good!!!

Comments

• ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    I know this is a hot take, however, I didn't really care that much about the buffs. Yes some of them were great, some were alright, and many were just meh. While I would never turn down more buffs they weren't the reason I personally logged into the game.

I guess I am just wondering is not having them these past 2 months as huge a hit as the forums make it, or is it just the vocal part of the forums being vocal. Certainly those who are sad/upset they are gone have the right to those opinions as we all play differently and for different reasons.

I agree with Dr. Zola that once you stop caring it is hard to start caring again.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Zeraphan said:

I know this is a hot take, however, I didn't really care that much about the buffs. Yes some of them were great, some were alright, and many were just meh. While I would never turn down more buffs they weren't the reason I personally logged into the game.

I guess I am just wondering is not having them these past 2 months as huge a hit as the forums make it, or is it just the vocal part of the forums being vocal. Certainly those who are sad/upset they are gone have the right to those opinions as we all play differently and for different reasons.

I agree with Dr. Zola that once you stop caring it is hard to start caring again.

Here’s my super simplistic perspective: for players who already have a lot of/most of the champs, it’s akin to getting a couple of brand new champs a month—even if it doesn’t radically transform them.

There’s the hope you get a real diamond in the rough (cf. YJ, VP) that you didn’t expect.

For me, the only way I’m getting the brand new champ is if I get super lucky with featured Cavs. That’s a lottery crapshoot. So a boost to a champ I already have is a shot in the arm.

Not sure if that’s part of @Texas_11 disappointment, but it is part of mine.

Dr. Zola
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Zeraphan said:

Here’s my super simplistic perspective: for players who already have a lot of/most of the champs, it’s akin to getting a couple of brand new champs a month—even if it doesn’t radically transform them.

There’s the hope you get a real diamond in the rough (cf. YJ, VP) that you didn’t expect.

For me, the only way I’m getting the brand new champ is if I get super lucky with featured Cavs. That’s a lottery crapshoot. So a boost to a champ I already have is a shot in the arm.

Not sure if that’s part of @Texas_11 disappointment, but it is part of mine.

Dr. Zola
    1000%

It's literally like getting two new toys to play with. It made me log onto forums to see if they announced the buffs . It made me guess certain abilities they would have. It was my way of connecting with the game. Before that, I had content to complete and would always rank up your non typical champions.

Now I'm just twiddling my thumbs. No way I can keep up with the new champs or have to wait 6 months to obtain them.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Zeraphan said:

You didn't care about the buffs because I'm going to assume you still have content to complete or you have everything done and focused on war. Either way there is not a lot of room for roster exploration

Not having them these last two months is very rough considering nothing else is going on for the game. Pulls aren't so bad anymore when you can say " I hope they get buffed". More importantly , these buffs offer a new play style and gives you the opportunity to play with some of your favorite champs.

My current R3 that have been reworked:

Gully
    HTD
    Diablo
    DDHK
    Karnak
    Ronin
    Massacre
    Mister Fantastic
    Hood
    Ultron
    Miles morales