**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Archangel question

SaquongoatSaquongoat Posts: 133 ★★
edited February 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Just awakened my archangel through the valentines ag, and I saw that vid saying he’s still effective sig 1, so he’s staying there. But what exactly does aar cover? Is there a chart showing what he stops similar to falcon? Does he straight up shut EVERYTHING down? I need help. @Fluffy_paws you’re a big archangel person right?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,494 ★★★★★
    If it doesn’t specify offensive or defensive then it covers everything, which is what archangel does
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Sort of... there's some issues, but definitely worth an ag
  • SaquongoatSaquongoat Posts: 133 ★★
    Maratox said:

If it doesn’t specify offensive or defensive then it covers everything, which is what archangel does

So straight up every node and ability in the game gets taken away? Unblockable specials? Domino’s crit failure? Misty knight nonsense? Strike back node?
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★

Maratox said:

So straight up every node and ability in the game gets taken away? Unblockable specials? Domino’s crit failure? Misty knight nonsense? Strike back node?
    Yes and no. Champions that aren't effected by ability accuracy, or bleed/poison immune, or debuff immune. So you can't take aways Hyperions power gain, since he is poison immune. But people like Sersi a few months ago in the EQ, I just ArchAngeled her butt down. Took away all that BS.
  • SaquongoatSaquongoat Posts: 133 ★★
    So does archangel if they can poison and be bled take away every node and ability in game?
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,494 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022

So does archangel if they can poison and be bled take away every node and ability in game?

If you have enough neurotoxins to add up to 100% AAR or more then yes he’ll shut down every ability in the game that is affected by AAR
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    archie AAR effects nodes as well, but its difficult to note everything he can or can not do.

(another thing you have to keep in mind is in mutant monthly quest, archie toxins effect the nodes as well meaning you will not get furies from nodes, also in this romance side quest if you use archie the enemy does not gain unbreakable but the enemy also does not get stunned, so you have to parry and heavy to finish a fight still)

another example, on weapon x, archie shuts down his unstoppable and regen if you have 2+ toxins depending on sig lvl. but he does not shut down weapon x's unblockable.

regardless of what he can bypass or not he can shreds everything that bleeds&poison( love watching magneto die to toxins) :)
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

Just awakened my archangel through the valentines ag, and I saw that vid saying he’s still effective sig 1, so he’s staying there. But what exactly does aar cover? Is there a chart showing what he stops similar to falcon? Does he straight up shut EVERYTHING down? I need help. @Fluffy_paws you’re a big archangel person right?

Sorry man I've been away from the game and by default forums. But seems like you've got a decent answers already anyway. If you want i have a write up somewhere in my profile covering a few things his AAR does and doesn't do. It needs updating but still a base. There are some champs like Guardian he can't shut down bc he'll get shock debuff. And himself as he's AAR immune. Probably a few nodes that he doesn't shut down.. i think he doesn't work for the one where all debuffs are removed when opponent runs forward, he doesn't shut down matador exactly- you won't get any power at all. Probably a handful more.