**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Second ROC package?

@Kabam Zibiit
I would like to start off with thanking Kabam for the MROC compensation packages sent earlier this month. It was a nice that Kabam wanted to compensate those who played MROC with its pending closure. With that being said, because Kabam gathered player data at the end of January/ beginning of February I was wondering when MROC is officially shut down on april 1st if Kabam will transfer the units collected on players accounts to their MCOC profiles or will they be lost? Even half the units collected would be nice. I am only asking because since the data collection, MROC has still been running and players have aquired more materials since then.

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    edited March 2022
    But have they been able to BUY additional resources ?
    I believe money purchases were disabled well before the game actually shutting down, and was prior to or in line with the specified date at which they were going to collect the needed info to base your MCoC items on, precisely for this very reason.
  • Mike_1978Mike_1978 Posts: 26
    I am referring to people who are still playing the game. Even after the data collection was performed players are still playing and collecting resources in the game such as daily calendars and crystals. What is to happen to those resources when the game shuts down? If it is going to be lost then why not have shut down MROC when the data collection was done? Why wait 2 months later? All I am asking is if Kabam will give a 2nd package to those who kept playing after data collection or not. Either way I am happy with the package I received, I am just curious.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

But have they been able to BUY additional resources ?
    I believe money purchases were disabled well before the game actually shutting down, and was prior to or in line with the specified date at which they were going to collect the needed info to base your MCoC items on, precisely for this very reason.

They were disabled when they made the announcement.
    Mike_1978 said:

I am referring to people who are still playing the game. Even after the data collection was performed players are still playing and collecting resources in the game such as daily calendars and crystals. What is to happen to those resources when the game shuts down? If it is going to be lost then why not have shut down MROC when the data collection was done? Why wait 2 months later? All I am asking is if Kabam will give a 2nd package to those who kept playing after data collection or not. Either way I am happy with the package I received, I am just curious.

Same thing that happens to all digital content for a game that closes down. It disappears. If you're still play, your playing for the love of the game, not to earn more free stuff on a different game.

They made available all the unreleased gear, gave you thousands of units to spend along with all the rank up resources you could ever want so you can do whatever you wanted in game. None of that is transferable. Take screenshots or videos for memories of you want but none of it matters. It's all just for nostalgia now.

• They {ability to spend actual money} were disabled when they made the announcement.

That's what I figured, but was giving OP benefit of potentially misremembering (couldn’t find original announcement), in that people were not able to spend money after at least in the most generous timeline no further than after the determination cutoff. So in no way should a 2nd round be warranted.

Ability to continue playing (FOR FUN) was allowed for a while longer. So that people could wrap up attempting to do some things maybe they hadn’t tried out yet, or savor some additional memories of it.

It was NOT a job, and you don’t get paid for it.

They {ability to spend actual money} were disabled when they made the announcement.

That's what I figured, but was giving OP benefit of potentially misremembering (couldn’t find original announcement), in that people were not able to spend money after at least in the most generous timeline no further than after the determination cutoff. So in no way should a 2nd round be warranted.

Ability to continue playing (FOR FUN) was allowed for a while longer. So that people could wrap up attempting to do some things maybe they hadn’t tried out yet, or savor some additional memories of it.

It was NOT a job, and you don’t get paid for it.
    Yeah, with all the stuff they've given people still logging in for free, there's definitely not anything else needed.