Mastery Add-On Suggestions

9ball_Dorky_McDork9ball_Dorky_McDork Member Posts: 38
edited March 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Here is another post that is far and few in between when I contribute to the forums. It is another Mastery suggestion because I do believe Masteries should be better utilized. It is my opinion that @Kabam does not know how to add masteries without causing a landslide-level shift in game meta. The big oversight they miss is how timing influences competitive game modes.

Some players and @Kabam employees might say, @Kabam does in fact consider timing in fights. It is why there are cooldown timers, and why they have had to update champs with revised buff and/or debuff durations. However, one size does not fit all skill levels.

It is why I am proposing several Masteries that affect these timers. I'm talking about being able to adjust A) dash back and hold timing, B) cooldown timers, durations - C) passive debuffs, D) active debuffs, E) passive buffs, and F) active buffs. These all would be adjusted to fit the fight, especially in competitive modes.

The benefits include: 1) adds a layer of complexity and knowledge to effectively maximize gameplay. 2) can alleviate the need to buff champions. 3) adds a new set of items for players to chase and attain. 4) introduces a good, better, best taken from the retail model.

Several examples include:
She-Hulk: extending Passive (Fury) Buff duration
Gambit: reduce dash back and hold timer for Kinetic Charge Passive (While his buff already addressed this issue, a dash back and hold Mastery would've accomplished the same)
Sabretooth: reduce dash back and hold timer (Convert Active Fury to Passive)
Falcon: extending Passive (Lock-On) Debuff duration and reduce cooldown (Recon Scan) timer. This realistically could not be managed by a singular Mastery, but a couple Masteries
Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced): reduce cooldown timer on Heavy Attack Power Drain
Rogue: SP1 increased Active Buff duration
Spider-Man (Miles Morales): extended Passive (Spider Camo) Buff duration
Crossbones: reduce dack back Overrun - increasing Passive Buff duration, Fury Active Buff and reducing cooldown timers. This realistically could not be managed by a singular Mastery, but all Masteries selected
Cull Obsidian: increase Thano's Favor and Rout Active Buff durations and reducing Rout cooldown. Again, managed by more than 1 Mastery
Mephisto: extended Passive (Soul Imprisonment) Debuff duration and extended Passive (Aura) Buff duration. Managed by more than 1 Mastery

I would hope some of these would fall under the Offensive Mastery and Defensive Mastery trees.
Let's not give it all to buffing abilities. The player must also be able to counter some of these Masteries. Consider shortening buff and debuff duration under the Defensive tree. In addition, another layer would be buff and debuff potency. However, I will leave that for comments and conversation.

Change time, change the outcome, change your fate.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Constructive criticism is appreciated. Discussion is wanted!

Comments

• BlecskikBlecskik Member Posts: 34
    It would be great to utlisie more masteries. Some masteries are vital and used by everybody, some masteries are practicaly not used by anyone. Still these masteries would be usefull, so let us use more masteries! We shall not stop at lvl 60.