**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Questions about Tigra...

0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
So I just decided to try and learn her heavy countering and I'm somewhat decent now I would say. I tried her against Apocalypse and I did really well. That heavy spam is so satisfying and I started to really like her now. But I have a few questions here:

- Is there like a special rotation with her or the heavy countering is just enough?
- Does she need the dupe or high sigs to be great (I have 2 mystic AG)?

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    0casual0 said:

So I just decided to try and learn her heavy countering and I'm somewhat decent now I would say. I tried her against Apocalypse and I did really well. That heavy spam is so satisfying and I started to really like her now. But I have a few questions here:

- Is there like a special rotation with her or the heavy countering is just enough?
    - Does she need the dupe or high sigs to be great (I have 2 mystic AG)?

No special rotation. Just get opponent to the corner and go to town.

Her dupe is not essential but it does increase her dps since you start with both modes active. Higher sig = longer lasting modes at the start.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited March 2022
    Your question about sp rotation and awakening are tied together, because her sp rotation changes dramatically depending on whether she is duped and at 100+ sig or not.

So here's the lowdown: her sig ability is widely misunderstood in this forum. Many people seem to think that all her sig does is just "give you a little bit more of damage from the start" or just make it so "you just don't thave to throw two sp1s for a while". This is all partly right but also partly wrong because people who make these kind of statements are completely missing the main point of her sig which is:

You want her duped and at very high sig so you can reach her sp3 quicker in the fight and thus, apply that permanent rupture that makes her playstyle smoother and less stressful as soon in the fight as you possibly can. The sig achieves this because it activates her second stance from the get go, and it is her second stance the one that allows her to gain power quickly. Without awakening and at high sig you need to throw two sp1s first before gaining power speedily to get to sp3 quick.

If you have her unduped her rotation would be like this: sp1 twice, then figjt aggressively and hope to keep her two stances up until you can reach sp3, then fire sp3 and then keep spamming sp1 to keep the stances up and then throw sp2 to finish off the fight.

If you dupe her though, you can skip the first two sp1s, which is a major thing, more important and headache-saving than it sounds in writing. But the problem is that for her awakening to allow you to do this it needs a fairly high sigh, 100 at least, better 140+ or so. So if you dont have sig stones to take her to at least 100 in one go, then dont even bother.

There is one thing though you should keep in mind: there are very few (or none actually ...depending on how you look at it) other Mystics than are more deserving than Tigra to use an AG on and blow off all the sig stones you can. The only other Mystic that is arguably in the same standing in terms of awakening need and sig stones is Doom, and IT IS JUST FOR PRESTIGE PURPOSES , not because his awakening or high sig actually matters much in terms of his utility and playstyle. Literally, no other Mystic really needs the sig as much as her ... perhaps only Mojo is similar if u wanna quest with him, and maybe Sasquatch and Swamp Thing for defense purposes.... maybe SorcSupreme a bit but not much. But neither of these are in the same standing as Tigra nor benefit from a high sig as much as she does.

So my conclusion is: learn to play her, use that AG and blow off as many sig stones you can to take her to at least sig 100, better more.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    edited March 2022
    Thanks for the reply! Good to know more about her since I have take an interest on using Tigra. @xNig

That's a great write up dude. Thanks for the insight! I would definitely try to invest more on her. Although I have save those stones once I get Magik. But judging by my current RNG, I don't think the game going to give Magik anytime soon. @Ethereality
    Actually, as a Tigra user, I almost never throw her sp3. The only exception is when I’m at 2 bars and I mistime my stance timer and it expires just before I can throw my sp2.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    0casual0 said:

Thanks for the reply! Good to know more about her since I have take an interest on using Tigra. @xNig

That's a great write up dude. Thanks for the insight! I would definitely try to invest more on her. Although I have save those stones once I get Magik. But judging by my current RNG, I don't think the game going to give Magik anytime soon. @Ethereality

I had forgotten about Magik because I dont deal in 5*s anymore.. but yes you are right, if we are talking about the 5* world then only Magik is perhaps more deserving than Tigra for an AG. Voodoo too, actually. The difference is though that Magik doesnt need that much of a high sig, while Tigra does. So if you do not have many sig stones (or dont think you can get many soon) then yes, it is wiser to save that AG for Magik, whenever you get her.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★

0casual0 said:

I had forgotten about Magik because I dont deal in 5*s anymore.. but yes you are right, if we are talking about the 5* world then only Magik is perhaps more deserving than Tigra for an AG. Voodoo too, actually. The difference is though that Magik doesnt need that much of a high sig, while Tigra does. So if you do not have many sig stones (or dont think you can get many soon) then yes, it is wiser to save that AG for Magik, whenever you get her.
    Oh I have 2 Mystic AG. So I'll definitely give one to Tigra. @Ethereality
    edited March 2022
    Just get Tigra up instead of waiting for a champ. Resources are worth something only if they’re spent and not kept.

And Tigra is definitely worth it.

One of the recent wars on my alt. Solo boss with full bonus.