**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My Thoughts on Battlegrounds so Far

BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
First off I’d like to say this one of the most fun game modes I’ve ever played excluding all the bugs and whatnot. When it works its an absolute blast, but I do have a few concerns/critiques for it, but I’m certain most if not all these concerns will be patched out before release. I ranked my concerns on a scale from 1 to 5 with 1 being the most concerning and 5 being the least. So lets get into it.

1) This is my biggest issue with the game and that it still lags out and sometimes doesn't record a battle. Pretty self explanatory, multiple people have had this issue. Devs are 100% aware of this though so I wont explain further.

2) The scoring is still not balanced, it’s more improved over the original beta with the CCP (from what I saw) but not quite there yet. Time is still too big of a factor. Time should only be for extremely close matches where a tiebreaker is needed. If a player plays a fight safely and effectively maximizing their health, they should be rewarded more than a player who blitzed a fight with CGR but took 10% of chip damage. Also the time mechanic can be abused with champs like nick on defense where takes even longer to kill him resulting in matches where the score differs by 20 seconds.

3) Hackers, this isn’t a concern yet because its beta and there’s 0 rewards except for basic objectives. However when rewards do come into play and ranking does matter, there needs to be something to deal with these hackers. I’m sorry, but finishing a fight in 5 secs with quake on masochism is not realistic and you clearly cheated. This is another instance where devs are probably 100% aware and are looking to fix it.

4) Shuffle hand mechanic, this one isn’t hardly bad at all some people like it. I however don't care for this as much because its just a pay to win mechanic that doesn't need to be there, if you got one free shuffle per match that’d be cool or just none at all.

5) Energy costs, I put this at #5 cause the reason the energy costs are what they are now is because they're clearly testing to see play sessions for players and how much people grind. Just hope it doesn't stay at 15 energy cause it doesn't need to be there, but probably won’t because it is part of the testing.

Again overall I had a blast playing this game mode and look forward to it in the upcoming months. Just some things that need to be patched (first impressions), but overall the the structure of the game mode is really awesome and when bugs aren't prevalent, it runs really smooth.