**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Image/picture issues on the forums

Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
Anybody else been unable to see pictures or images recently? For instance, someone put out a battlegrounds tier list in one of the discussions, but all that pops up for me is a blank space - and having been drawn into the concept but not knowing who is in what tier is driving me insane. You know what else is driving me insane? The mystery of @DNA3000 and their preliminary assessment for battlegrounds, because I CANT SEE ANY IMAGES, AND THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

*Deep, calming breaths*

I just need to know if someone else feels my pain (and if the issue can be fixed, of course)

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Hmm. Does this only affect pictures in posts, or are all forum images not showing up for you? Like the profile pics in the "Who's online in this category" section, or the Contest of Champions logo at the top (depending on which style of the forums you're viewing)? The buttons? Are *all* pictures coming up broken, or just poster pics embedded in posts?

If it is all of them, maybe there's an issue with reaching the local content delivery cache for the pictures from your location. The pictures aren't retrieved directly from the server that's hosting the forums, they are retrieved from a content delivery network - basically a large international network of caching servers that tries to point your browser to where it thinks you'll get the best performance to fetch them. That mechanism can sometimes break, and cause things like pictures to not show up for some people in some locations or using some ISPs.

Try this: try to go directly to this URL:

https : // us.v-cdn.net/6029252/uploads/editor/e4/pa45lgspbyum.png

(I've added spaces so the forums doesn't auto convert it to a link). That's the URL of the picture I posted in my latest thread. If that doesn't work for you, it might be a CDN issue, or an ISP issue on your end. Or it might be some other more esoteric problem.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I could see that tier list, and other images. Have you restarted your browser?