**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Quick Poll on Phoenix Cav EQ Boss

0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
Do you guys think this boss fight is a good design? Yes or No?

Personally, I'd say no. I'm not trying to spread any negativity on this post but just an opinion. I'm trying to explore the Cav difficulty and it went really bad.

Reasons why it's a poor design:

- The game currently in a bad state with these bugs. The nodes combination really messed up my gameplay. I got input dropped a lot of times.
- Phoenix will constantly dash back which give me falter non stop like seriously non stop. She keeps on dash forward and backward.
- The icon is too much sometimes I didn't see my champion got faltered.
- I used Voodoo most of the times and the chances of him placing buff is 10% and by 10% it's probably lower than that. I reach two bar of power and got 0 loa buffs on Phoenix. That's crazy.
- The AI is not throwing sp. The behavior of this AI is unpredictable. It changes between passive-agressive. As I'm trying to bait the special, I'm already getting pushed to my wall and she is still not throwing sp.
- When you got cornered and you have to deal with the falter, AI not throwing sp, it's really becoming stressful.

I'd like to hear more opinions on this specific boss fight right here.

Quick Poll on Phoenix Cav EQ Boss 127 votes

Yes
62%
DrZolaRaganatorxNigBalm82TendersquadDrenlinJadedAzKicker316SpeedbumpTerraKingnaesThereticCat_MurdockSpielernamecausticSw0rdMasterMarvsbdGarloCupidThefire13 79 votes
No
37%
Ace_03Carnage313buffajrjdrum663RobbieRampageTheVyrusUncle_Fatty_247Darth_StewieAanthoPanchulon21IamTryingMyBestAssumedNameSachhyam257Chuck_Canuck75KnightNvrEndingbrandinhoCanuckDownUnderXva23Kappa2gBeewee 48 votes

Comments

• Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    Yes
    Use debuff heavy champs and champs with vigilance. You'll be fine
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,066 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I really enjoyed that fight tbh
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Yes

you need to keep her in the corner so you don’t get faltered

Easier said than done ..

but then again, I voted yes without even this claim ... yes keeping her backed in corner helps .. but it's unlikely you can keep her there . "forever" .. (possible - yes .. I have done it .. but more often than not .. she gets out .. doesn't want to throw a sp .. etc, etc ..)

Tricky fight ... not easy .. but not really difficult once you get hang of it ..
    Definitely tricky .. ;)

I liked it .. started out hating it ... then started getting the hang of it and started respecting the design.

Enjoyed this style of fight MUCH better than the Grandmaster, personally :P but that's just me .. hehe
    (went through 20+ revives brute forcing GM because AI is a d**k) LOL
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Solo with Apoc every time. Not a hard fight at all.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Yes
    I actually misread the nodes going in (which is unusual, since I rarely read the nodes for EQ in general) and brought Hypo and Colossus because of their buffs.

Both handled her, although each was longer than the fight where I used Apoc. It’s annoying, sure, but not terrible.

As a side note, I wonder if anyone has tried Voodoo here. His loas count as buffs on the defender—I would think you could build them up and only use specials when Phoenix has 3+ Fury buffs.

Dr. Zola
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I used Hercules to Solo the fight. It was a long one but I got the fight done
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    edited March 2022
    No
    It's fine (oops, read the question wrong so voted wrongly)
    Bit of a problem solving node but its on a simple champion like phoenix.
    Actually glad to see they brought back haunted from Summer of Pain

However +1 on the AI not throwing specials point, its happening everywhere from battlegrounds to AQ and has been going on for a while, disappointingly no response so far on that issue.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    No
    I agree with the initial post. Some must not have read it properly. Just stating that I did beat her so no need to post what champ to use or how to do like most have in here. Personally I think it’s cheap on kabaams part as with most stuff lately. Bad enough we have to deal with inputs and lag etc. but adding falter is a low move. Bad enough we have to pray not to get hit or lose health unnecessarily as it is.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Yes

A better poll would be, “Who was worse, Ice Phoenix or Falter Phoenix?”

• RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 ★★
    No

Use debuff heavy champs and champs with vigilance. You'll be fine

But she reflects the damage when you're faltering, doesn't she?
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Yes
    It’s the highest difficulty in monthly EQ, so I expect it to be challenging. If you understand the nodes interaction she can be soloed. And you can use any champion to beat her. However, I do agree with 2 things you mentioned.
    - We’re still struggling with bugs and other issues
    - I’ve also noticed sometimes when there’s a lot going on on the screen with buffs, debuffs and passives you can easily lose sights of some icons, especially when the combo meter covers it. Loosing focus even seconds in this game can be punishing. It will nice if the combo meter doesn’t interfere with the second line of ability icons.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Yes
    @0casual0 suggestion: the key to doing damage is for Phoenix to have 3 buffs or more on herself. She gains those buffs naturally and quickly if you baits her sp2s. Alternatively, you can use heavy debuff attackers to get her to convert them into fury buffs. Watch some videos to give you visuals.
  • HunkyRangerHunkyRanger Posts: 78
    Yes
    Used Profx to solo her and I explored the map
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Well guys, I already explored the whole quest. I made this post just to state my opinion actually. Also, to hear some opinions from others about the design. There is some parts that I don't really like about the fight. I have to say it is challenging but at some point, it's getting really annoying for me. That's it.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    No
    I used Apoc half the time and just burst her down as she gained buffs. Will say if you don’t pay attention that fight can be incredibly long tho😂 think I did one fight with a r1 6* Iceman and my god that hit count😂