**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

WARLOCK or NIMROD

Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
edited March 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Which champ is better in general and which one would u r3?

WARLOCK or NIMROD 61 votes

WARLOCK
55%
CondemnedToethanks4playingUnsilentMoosetiptronic_Sham_Des99dot_dittomgj0630Superfighter101ThorkiFiiNCHReignkingTWwalkerdogRenaxqqJohnnypants_37ShiroiharaBe_SomebodyLpooDrauglinKobikobs 34 votes
NIMROD
44%
Spity68DttpSachhyam257Malreck04LiquidkoldReaper2823Denzel116EtjamaKRANꓘBigKidScottyH3t3r[Deleted User]Khellendros138Zan00casual0Gr8TonyStarkmagnus_xixdHusstlewillrun4adonutNycromancy 27 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    NIMROD
    Warlock: great in general.
    Nimrod: An ABSOLUTE GOD facing mutants.

Because there are so many problematic Mutant defenders, I’d rank Nimrod just to have him on hand for battlegrounds
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    WARLOCK
    I'd say you wouldn't be disappointed with either, but if I was facing a choice of which to rank up first, I'd go with Warlock hands down.

Several immunities, an okay power drain on sp1, and most importantly, the ability to easily handle any regen (while power draining).

Emphasis on any, because as @Denzel116 pointed out, there any plenty of mutants that make Nimrod a blessing, however anyone can become a problem with a node that regens, and Warlock handles them all with ease.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,996 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

I'd say you wouldn't be disappointed with either, but if I was facing a choice of which to rank up first, I'd go with Warlock hands down.

Several immunities, an okay power drain on sp1, and most importantly, the ability to easily handle any regen (while power draining).

Emphasis on any, because as @Denzel116 pointed out, there any plenty of mutants that make Nimrod a blessing, however anyone can become a problem with a node that regens, and Warlock handles them all with ease.

Nimrod can deal with any regeneration effect that isn’t instant (such as buffet or masochism). If there is a regeneration icon on the opponent’s status bar, active or passive, Nimrod can get rid of it easily. I frequently use him for Sasquatch matchups because he just turns off Sasquatch’s sig ability regen.

As I pointed out above, a champion with lots of buffs will shut down Warlock’s infections. But those extra buffs won’t do anything to Nimrod’s utility.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    NIMROD
    Wicket329 said:

mgj0630 said:

Nimrod can deal with any regeneration effect that isn’t instant (such as buffet or masochism). If there is a regeneration icon on the opponent’s status bar, active or passive, Nimrod can get rid of it easily. I frequently use him for Sasquatch matchups because he just turns off Sasquatch’s sig ability regen.

As I pointed out above, a champion with lots of buffs will shut down Warlock’s infections. But those extra buffs won’t do anything to Nimrod’s utility.
    If i was to pull a tech 3-4 gem from act7 would it be wise to use a generic on nimrod?
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★
    NIMROD
    I say it depends where you are in story progression. I very rarely use my warlock anymore. As mentioned above nimrod has proved very useful for all those pesky mutants.
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    NIMROD
    Ok thanks guys for your input.
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    NIMROD
    Wicket329 said:

Ultimately it depends on what kind of utility you need. Warlock’s heal blocking utility is usually better than Nimrod’s, the exception being when there are too many buffs on the opponent for Warlock’s infections to stick.

Warlock also gets an edge in power control *if* you are specifically using him for that purpose. Warlock requires you to sacrifice the damage of his sp2 and the utility of his infections in order to use his sp1. Nimrod power drains the opponent without any special playstyle, they just need to use a special while he is in either Blitz or Eradicator protocol.

Nimrod blows Warlock out of the water in terms of sustainability. Both have regeneration mechanics on their sp3, but Nimrod’s heal is better, it deals more damage (if in Eradicator protocol, which you should always aim to be when firing specials) and doesn’t come at the cost of anything (Warlock’s consumes his infections). Additionally, Nimrod has greater armor and when in Titan or Eradicator protocols, applies cowardice to the opponent, dramatically decreasing their special attack damage. I have eaten multiple high damage sp3s in a single fight with Nimrod and still won the fight with a substantial amount of health left.

Nimrod also has the edge in damage output, if awakened. Nimrod’s damage does rely heavily on being awakened because his best damage comes from his sp2 shocks, which benefit dramatically from his signature ability. Additionally, Nimrod succeeds in tricky mutant matchups that Warlock may struggle with or take chip damage from, such as Domino, either Magneto, Kitty Pryde, and others. He is a mutant slayer, with almost no bad matchups in the class.

Of the two, I’d argue for Nimrod being the better choice, but neither option is bad. Definitely take them both up in time.

@Wicket329 thanks for such a detailed info

Wicket329 said:

Ultimately it depends on what kind of utility you need. Warlock’s heal blocking utility is usually better than Nimrod’s, the exception being when there are too many buffs on the opponent for Warlock’s infections to stick.

Warlock also gets an edge in power control *if* you are specifically using him for that purpose. Warlock requires you to sacrifice the damage of his sp2 and the utility of his infections in order to use his sp1. Nimrod power drains the opponent without any special playstyle, they just need to use a special while he is in either Blitz or Eradicator protocol.

Nimrod blows Warlock out of the water in terms of sustainability. Both have regeneration mechanics on their sp3, but Nimrod’s heal is better, it deals more damage (if in Eradicator protocol, which you should always aim to be when firing specials) and doesn’t come at the cost of anything (Warlock’s consumes his infections). Additionally, Nimrod has greater armor and when in Titan or Eradicator protocols, applies cowardice to the opponent, dramatically decreasing their special attack damage. I have eaten multiple high damage sp3s in a single fight with Nimrod and still won the fight with a substantial amount of health left.

Nimrod also has the edge in damage output, if awakened. Nimrod’s damage does rely heavily on being awakened because his best damage comes from his sp2 shocks, which benefit dramatically from his signature ability. Additionally, Nimrod succeeds in tricky mutant matchups that Warlock may struggle with or take chip damage from, such as Domino, either Magneto, Kitty Pryde, and others. He is a mutant slayer, with almost no bad matchups in the class.

Of the two, I’d argue for Nimrod being the better choice, but neither option is bad. Definitely take them both up in time.

@Wicket329 thanks for such a detailed info
    Happy to help! I took my Nimrod up as my first (and so far only) r4 champ, so I’m glad to lend my experience with him to the conversation.
    H3t3r said:

Wicket329 said:

mgj0630 said:

If i was to pull a tech 3-4 gem from act7 would it be wise to use a generic on nimrod?
    @H3t3r sorry I missed this earlier!

I’d have to ask you a few questions before giving you a conclusive answer on that.

Are you currently popping featured 6* crystals, or just basics? Do you plan on ranking Nimrod immediately as your tech choice, or would you be considering holding off for someone else? How many generic AGs (or AGs for other classes) do you have on hand?

If you are opening featured crystals, I’d wait at least until this featured run is over to pop a generic into him. Last thing you want to do is use the gem and then dupe him shortly thereafter.

But ultimately, yes I think he’s worth the generic. I used one on him (I had another on hand at the time that I was saving for the Hercules I never pulled). I have no regrets. I also dumped every single tech sig stone I’d ever pulled into him and, after a little more, mine is at sig 180. Again, no regrets at all.