**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Alliance Wars

So I know prestige changes the rewards for AQ. The higher prestige the more points you get, but I can’t find anywhere what determines an alliances starting point in war. What makes them start at gold 1, 2, 3, or platinum or master? I can’t find the information anywhere on the internet so I hope someone here can answer my question.

Comments

• Options
    You don’t “start” out in Gold/Silver/etc.
    Those are standings brackets that your season performance falls into. (everyone starts back at 0 wins, 0 losses at the beginning of a season)

But the Tier # for your wars “IS” what continues from season to season.
    That is based on your alliances War Rating.
    Tiers for war are by your War Rating relative to all other alliances, broken down by what Top-% your WR falls into.

And then, based on WR and Tier, that sets what points multiplier you get in your next war, which affects how many points you earn for the war, which add up into a standings, which then dictate which Gold/Silver/etc you fall into during the season.
  • Options
    And if you mean “for a brand new alliance”. Well, then your War Rating will start out at 0. Your Tier will start out at like the lowest Tier-20 (with basically 0 multiplier at first).

And you will have to win a whole bunch of easy wars against lower teams as your WR climbs higher and higher (and your WR %-based Tier climbs then too) into more appropriate territory for your new alliance.
  • Options
    sirderekoflanesirderekoflane Posts: 75
    Thank you that helps a lot. I am surprised I can’t find this information anywhere else.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,470 ★★★★★

And if you mean “for a brand new alliance”. Well, then your War Rating will start out at 0. Your Tier will start out at like the lowest Tier-20 (with basically 0 multiplier at first).

And you will have to win a whole bunch of easy wars against lower teams as your WR climbs higher and higher (and your WR %-based Tier climbs then too) into more appropriate territory for your new alliance.

Tier 22 is the last tier.
    Yes, I was surprised too.