**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is this interaction?

In 7.4.5 the head rush path i got to CGR. When i went in with Medusa i die as soon as i land a hit on him. Reading the nodes this could be caused if buff is nullified but Medusa doesn't nullify. When i hit CGR he gains armor break and Medusa might be breaking the armor but is it counted as nullified?

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    What the guys above said is true
  • Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★
    I assumed that was the case but should armor break count as nullifying? It is not "removing a buff" , it is breaking/converting the active armor up buff to armor break debuff.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    That's an interesting interaction.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited March 2022
    then why isn't iron fist gaining any power per armor break when facing a armor up buff champion(s) when playing Iron Fist with Mystic Dispersion mastery?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

then why isn't iron fist gaining any power per armor break when facing a armor up buff champion(s) when playing Iron Fist with Mystic Dispersion mastery?

If there is an armour up buff then he will gain power when applying a armour break
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,642 Guardian
    It could just be a bug, but I noticed the same thing when I fought CGR with Medusa too.

Daddrieda said:

If there is an armour up buff then he will gain power when applying a armour break
    But he’s not
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

But he’s not
    Try the fight
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

But he’s not
    Try the fight
    Quickly tested against Warlock, can confirm Armor break triggers mystic dispersion
    Raichu626 said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

But he’s not
    Try the fight
    Quickly tested against Warlock, can confirm Armor break triggers mystic dispersion
    Extremely strange! I have MD 4/5 and he’s not gaining power from the armor break against armor up. Doom and Clairevoyant gaining as normally.
    Daddrieda said:

Raichu626 said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

But he’s not
    Try the fight
    Extremely strange! I have MD 4/5 and he’s not gaining power from the armor break against armor up. Doom and Clairevoyant gaining as normally.
    Whom did you fight?
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    I had same problem when I used venom and Angela.
    The re did path with apoc
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    The game considers Armor break as a nullify 😒
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

AMS94 said:

The game considers Armor break as a nullify 😒

Kind of feels like this is one of those cases where it wasn't an issue when they initially programmed Armour Break into the game to work that way that definitely now needs to be updated. They have made a number of mechanics that functionally work the same way as another mechanic but work properly when the difference is important. A great example is how Cleanse is not the same as Purify. Another example is Claire's Buff Immunity is different than a Nullify and properly works against Nullify Immune champs. Best we can do is be vocal about and hope that they look into changing it. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how Armour Shatter interacts with Armour Ups? Does it also Nullify it or does it have a different interaction.
    A while ago they made it a separate thing from armor break to differentiate them, and afaik it only affects AA and combat power rate for robots. That's why Aarkus and Medusa apply the armor break and the armor shatter at the same time
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★
    So does this mean that civil warrior can't have his armor broken since he is immune to nullify?
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

So does this mean that civil warrior can't have his armor broken since he is immune to nullify?

He can which is even weirder.
    Armor break is treated as a nullify when you're being punished for nullify, but nullify immunity won't protect armor ups from it...
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★
    Hmm that is a strange interaction then... I feel like Kabam should revisit this