**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Masteries V2.0

VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
Took a break from MCOC for 5 months due to the fatigue caused by parry or input issues but there's actually one bigger thing that's holding me back to enjoy the game more, Masteries.

It was announced last year that they were going to postpone Masteries v2.0 this year due to the revamp being a bigger project but there's still no news of it being near our hands. The current Mastery system is devastatingly outdated for a game that has been in the market for almost a decade. The UI is cranky and the tediousness of reseting from one loadout to another, including the cost, is very uninviting to any players. What could have been an area to explore more creativity for the game has become too stagnant that the only time you'll think about adjusting them is for really high tier AW and long content like Abyss.

Suicide masteries is the meta now and we're having champions that are really built for it like Kitty Pride, Hercules, Knull, etc. but it's really a big pain when you pull a highly effective champion (Professor X) only to be benched because of the tediousness of the current system.

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Early June, probably.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Welcome back :)
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★
    Early June somewhere in 2099
  • MudcruncherMudcruncher Posts: 20
    If masteries 1.0 are broken ie parry etc why do you want masteries 2.0 which would be more broken
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,245 ★★★★

If masteries 1.0 are broken ie parry etc why do you want masteries 2.0 which would be more broken

It's more about mastery presets, easy of switching, etc.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    In their battleground post they said they were looking at a way to bring mastery profiles into the game. This was specifically for battlegrounds rather than the wider game as a whole but I suppose if it’s successful I see no reason it couldn’t be rolled out.