**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What does it mean to play as a "backup attacker" in AW??

JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
I joined a Silver 1 alliance last week and I've been told to play as backup, other members were assigned specific paths. What does that even mean.

Comments

• JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Much appreciated!
  • BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★
    I play as backup in my Alliance for T4 wars

My main purpose is boss island and having a diverse roster helps with that.

As planning a team for a path and boss island is tricky, based on too many defenders interaction with nodes.

This way, my team members only have to plan team around their 5-6 alloted fight on their paths.

Back-up clears 1 side of mini bosses and boss and rest 9 decide who clears rest of mini bosses based on champs they bring.

Rarely we get stuck on boss island due to not having a good counter for boss island.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Usually the backup in my experience is for clearing a lane on Boss Island with the best possible champs whereas lane clearers can't always take champs for their lane and ideal champs for bosses. Unless someone fails and needs help of course. Never heard of this being used in Silver, but at least they are trying to be organized.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★

Usually the backup in my experience is for clearing a lane on Boss Island with the best possible champs whereas lane clearers can't always take champs for their lane and ideal champs for bosses. Unless someone fails and needs help of course. Never heard of this being used in Silver, but at least they are trying to be organized.

Few alliance do’s try to be organized just the roster down there can huge and small atm I’m in a s2 and chilling down there’s
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★

I've only been in silver 1 alliances but we've always had lanes.
  • RedBirdIsSmartRedBirdIsSmart Posts: 97
    JuggerNot said:

I joined a Silver 1 alliance last week and I've been told to play as backup, other members were assigned specific paths. What does that even mean.

It means you are the shortfall of the team.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    It means that you're in the wrong alliance.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Well, typically when a toilet is clogged you have to send something in to clear clog... that thing is the backup attacker. Be it a plunger, liquid plumber, air snake or a conventional snake. Which is most useful for the particular clog is dependent on what has caused the clog in the toilet.

When there's a clog in AW toilet, they send in the backup attacker to clear it.