**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question About Loyalty Changes

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
So we all know that the loyalty pots were made less accessible and more expensive. There was a proposed sheet of how much loyalty we get now, and how much we will get in the future, shown here.

So my question is, if there were planned amounts, why haven’t they been implemented? I mean I guess that the team would want to see data in terms of spending tendencies before the loyalty per war changed, but why? There’s no harm in giving everyone more loyalty now and having to adjust it later. I’m not looking for any arguments or snarky comments, I just want a civil discussion on the topic.

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,174 ★★★★★
    There resone it there like to wait to after the compensation end beforehand to push the loyalty.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    Because the input fixes haven’t gone live yet. They said they will be making changes to loyalty amounts earned before the end of compensation. Compensation will stop when the input fix is live. We’re not there yet.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

There resone it there like to wait to after the compensation end beforehand to push the loyalty.

What I got from their posts was that they are going to increase the loyalty per war BEFORE the compensation ends. I just want to know why that wasn’t done at the start of the season.
  • Options

Gamer said:

What I got from their posts was that they are going to increase the loyalty per war BEFORE the compensation ends. I just want to know why that wasn’t done at the start of the season.
    I see how you interpreted it that way, but I believe the intended message was to be slightly before the end of compensation, not immediately with start of next season.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Because the input fixes haven’t gone live yet. They said they will be making changes to loyalty amounts earned before the end of compensation. Compensation will stop when the input fix is live. We’re not there yet.

If that happens, then I assume the order will go
    1. Input issues fixed
    2. Compensation stops
    3. Loyalty increased

If I’m interpreting your response wrong, tell me, but I thought the loyalty increase would happen before compensation stops. That way, we don’t go straight from small amounts of loyalty per war straight into having to pay 50k loyalty for a pot
  • Options

Typhoon said:

1. Input issues fixed
    2. Compensation stops
    3. Loyalty increased

If I’m interpreting your response wrong, tell me, but I thought the loyalty increase would happen before compensation stops. That way, we don’t go straight from small amounts of loyalty per war straight into having to pay 50k loyalty for a pot
    I would amend this to read:

1. Input issues fixed
    2. Loyalty increased
    3. Compensation stops.

#1 needs to happen first.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

I see how you interpreted it that way, but I believe the intended message was to be slightly before the end of compensation, not immediately with start of next season.
    But at the same time they've already increased the prices for the pots. What sense does it make to increase those when we're only getting 30k weekly but 3 wars between comp?
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

1. Input issues fixed
    2. Compensation stops
    3. Loyalty increased

I would amend this to read:

1. Input issues fixed
    2. Loyalty increased
    3. Compensation stops.

#1 needs to happen first.
    That would be fine with me. I’m just worried there won’t be enough of a window between the issue fixes and the compensation stop for the economy to stabilize. My concern is that there will be a week or so where we’re not getting compensation and the loyalty increase has just started. So we’re essentially starting from behind
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

But at the same time they've already increased the prices for the pots. What sense does it make to increase those when we're only getting 30k weekly but 3 wars between comp?
    Not saying I agree with them, but they claim their data shows that we’ve all been using AW compensation and not buying potions with it. In some cases, selling the AW compensation (I have been, at least).
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Not saying I agree with them, but they claim their data shows that we’ve all been using AW compensation and not buying potions with it. I’m some cases, selling the AW compensation (I have been, at least).
    I’m sure most people have the same experience as you. But I just don’t understand the drastic change in the availability and price of war pots without increasing loyalty. When compensation stops, all hell could break loose since people won’t have tons of potions in their overflow
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Not saying I agree with them, but they claim their data shows that we’ve all been using AW compensation and not buying potions with it. In some cases, selling the AW compensation (I have been, at least).
    Data is definitely wrong. I can guarantee that. Because it's an average that has been taken.
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Not saying I agree with them, but they claim their data shows that we’ve all been using AW compensation and not buying potions with it. I’m some cases, selling the AW compensation (I have been, at least).
    I’m sure most people have the same experience as you. But I just don’t understand the drastic change in the availability and price of war pots without increasing loyalty. When compensation stops, all hell could break loose since people won’t have tons of potions in their overflow
    Correct, thus their reasoning of increasing loyalty amounts before the compensation stops.
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Data is definitely wrong. I can guarantee that. Because it's an average that has been taken.
    There’s not really any way to “disprove data.” There are for sure people who use all the compensation pots every week and don’t run out. But the data, from what we’ve been told, shows that the MAJORITY of pepper aren’t using it or selling it. So I think it makes sense to appeal to the majority of players and work off of that
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    Did everyone get the new loyalty amounts for winning or losing their war? I didn't save a screenshot, but I'm pretty sure I got the old amount... which given that the new prices are in place... doesn't feel right.
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

There’s not really any way to “disprove data.” There are for sure people who use all the compensation pots every week and don’t run out. But the data, from what we’ve been told, shows that the MAJORITY of pepper aren’t using it or selling it. So I think it makes sense to appeal to the majority of players and work off of that
    For someone in a semi-competitive to competitive AW mode, you’d need to be dying a lot to use up all these potions. Also chances are you’d be kicked from the alliance if you were lol.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Correct, thus their reasoning of increasing loyalty amounts before the compensation stops.
    Exactly! Glad we’re on the same page. All I really want to know is why the loyalty increase is being kept for later rather than now or at least soon. I mean there’s no harm in increasing loyalty now, right? It doesn’t expire and it’s a lot better to have people have too much than too little loyalty. And people who have tons already can’t buy infinite pots, and that’s why the limits are there
  • Options

Did everyone get the new loyalty amounts for winning or losing their war? I didn't save a screenshot, but I'm pretty sure I got the old amount... which given that the new prices are in place... doesn't feel right.

I’ll catch you up. The loyalty is the same as it was before, but it will be changed before compensation ends. The main goal of this post was to figure out why not increase the loyalty now and need be, change it in the future later on
  • Options

Agreed that things feel a bit out of order. But according to their post, we won’t get new loyalty amounts until the input fixes are confirmed fixed. I believe they just finished their first beta run with the CCP and are fixing some bugs with it at the moment.
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Exactly! Glad we’re on the same page. All I really want to know is why the loyalty increase is being kept for later rather than now or at least soon. I mean there’s no harm in increasing loyalty now, right? It doesn’t expire and it’s a lot better to have people have too much than too little loyalty. And people who have tons already can’t buy infinite pots, and that’s why the limits are there
    My guess is that they just haven’t figured out what a reasonable amount to increase wins/losses by is yet. I think they only just recently figured out (based on player feedback) that the new loyalty store values were problematic. Back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Which could be true BUT the 14k pots aren't available for loyalty anymore. The 9.5k pots are and right now, we're not getting those. At the current cost, we can only buy 1 per week wit the current comp since they are 20k. If we had the updated win/loss amounts we could buy both.
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Which could be true BUT the 14k pots aren't available for loyalty anymore. The 9.5k pots are and right now, we're not getting those. At the current cost, we can only buy 1 per week wit the current comp since they are 20k. If we had the updated win/loss amounts we could buy both.
    Also true. And I’m sure Kabam’s response to this would be: “people aren’t buying any potions with loyalty right now because they are using the AW compensation.”
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

I'd think in a competitive game mode, considering resources, you'd want to appeal to the players actually using the resources more? It doesn't matter if the lower get extra and sell it. It's a pittance amount of gold.
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

For someone in a semi-competitive to competitive AW mode, you’d need to be dying a lot to use up all these potions. Also chances are you’d be kicked from the alliance if you were lol.
    Really? I'm in a P1/P2 alliance and we definitely use those pots even if you don't die. One mistake takes R3 boosted Apoc like 4-5 of those pots to heal. That's one week compensation done on a champ.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

I’ll catch you up. The loyalty is the same as it was before, but it will be changed before compensation ends. The main goal of this post was to figure out why not increase the loyalty now and need be, change it in the future later on
    They're still in the early stages of making calculations.
  • Options

That makes sense, and I’m all for data. But what’s the harm in giving the initial estimate for increased loyalty now? Worst case scenario; we get too much loyalty for a week or two and it has to be decreased
  • Options

I find it difficult to believe they're in the early stages when they posted this-

• Options
    edited April 2022

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

I'd think in a competitive game mode, considering resources, you'd want to appeal to the players actually using the resources more? It doesn't matter if the lower get extra and sell it. It's a pittance amount of gold.
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Really? I'm in a P1/P2 alliance and we definitely use those pots even if you don't die. One mistake takes R3 boosted Apoc like 4-5 of those pots to heal. That's one week compensation done on a champ.
    I’m mostly referring to the revives. I for sure use the healing potions. But even then, I still have extras going into my stash.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

That makes sense, and I’m all for data. But what’s the harm in giving the initial estimate for increased loyalty now? Worst case scenario; we get too much loyalty for a week or two and it has to be decreased
    On top of the Compensation we get? The idea is to make reasonable adjustments when it ends.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Gamer said:

I’m mostly referring to the revives. I for sure use the healing potions. But even then, I still have extras going into my stash.
    Revives? Sure. Pots are definitely good, but I can't see data saying that most people are selling them if they're in higher level alliances unless they either are perfect or don't take many fights
  • Options
    PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54
    7714dtl said:

On top of the Compensation we get? The idea is to make reasonable adjustments when it ends.
    Oh you mean the 30k loyalty a week which buys you less than 2 potions, 2 of which combined gives you 19k health. Doesn't quite cut it for 3 wars a week. Granted we get the 5 level 5 potions at 14k health a piece. But that still averages out to about 2 potions a war. Not good enough. They need to get the increased loyalty out ASAP.
    And increase significantly. One war costs 200k loyalty sometimes and they give us 21k for winning. Insanity…