New input and compensation

Barri8Barri8 Member Posts: 108
With the new input beta live now, will the massive compensation kabam promised be around the corner?

Comments

• Dash855Dash855 Member Posts: 239
    Didn’t know about any “big” compensation coming. Just the regular pack tomorrow and the questing pack in 8 days
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited April 2022

Barri8 said:

Where did you see that this was going to be "massive"?

Methinks you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

They said it was gonna be big, anyways, I just want refills and revives.
    They never said big or massive. You have to remember that they've been giving us comp this entire time. Keep in mind that comp is to replace what was lost because of said issue which is why they were doing weekly comp and every so often regular questing items.

What I do think will happen will be an "apology" type package like they did before weekly comp started. But never did they say big or massive and I wouldn't expect more than what we got the first time around. Not that it will matter because most will complain about it anyway.
    Yeah, if they give out an apology compensation based on Progression levels, lower levels will complain about not receiving the same as higher levels.

If they give out a blanket compensation, then higher level players would likely find it inadequate if the bugs interfered with their ability to do higher level content, or go to overflow. Could there be an complaint that bugs prevented completion of Summer of Pain type content? Possibly.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Is it actually safe to use then? I’ve not risked it yet with wars being active.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,237 ★★★★★
    I haven't noticed anything but then i haven't been having many issues for a while
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Member Posts: 375 ★★★
    The Beta is live? I signed up for it but I don’t see anything? Is there a trick to accessing it?
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,732 ★★★★★

The Beta is live? I signed up for it but I don’t see anything? Is there a trick to accessing it?

First of all it a option in settings.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Member Posts: 375 ★★★
    Got it, Thanks
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    Is there any announcement on how long this beta is going to last? Ideally would do something like monthly quest with it (just difficult enough to judge, but really won't care if there are issues).
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

Unless 6 Abyss nexus crystals (one for each class) and 5x 6* rank 3-4 generic gems I don’t think anyone will be satisfied.

Yeah that's not even remotely happening and even if it did you really think anybody here would be happy? You got to read the room.
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★
    So after this beta we will not get the weekly compensation we used to get? That would be awful.

I don't want any big compensation but this weekly aq aw thing to continue.
  • Derek2k18Derek2k18 Member Posts: 80

I mean they gotta get data from the beta first, but it means we are a step closer

I mean they gotta get data from the beta first, but it means we are a step closer

Yea hopefully they fix this once and for all. It’s been too long. Costing who knows how much time and heck even money to players.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Member Posts: 792 ★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Unless 6 Abyss nexus crystals (one for each class) and 5x 6* rank 3-4 generic gems I don’t think anyone will be satisfied.

I’m happy that the fix is close. The more I test it, the better it feels. Anything they give us is icing.
    Honestly, I’ve not really complained much about the parry issue, I’ve just sat back and let them deal with it. But since the new input testing came out the failed parry problem has got much, much worse!

It used to be quite sporadic, I could go a full day without any issues, but now it seems to happen every couple of fights where by at least half of the parry’s register on screen via text but don’t actually parry the AI.

I have tried this extensively switching back and forth between the new input system whilst doing a 32m arena run, and either way the problem is massively worse than it EVER has been for me.

It would appear that whatever fix or progress the devs believe they are making it not helping everyone.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Member Posts: 792 ★★★
    I want a 9* Weapon X! LMAO [Fully ranked & sig'ed up I might add]
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★

There should be thought to the timing of the compensation. Doing it right before or right after July 4th (or this past weekend's event) wouldn't be good. It would either piss people off about overflow or piss off kabam as people wouldn't spend since they just got it for "free".

Whatever it is... anything which might go to overflow (e.g. revives) should be given as very rare items that don't go to overflow (e.g. sigil or romance variants of health potions).

I know it would take work... but if Kabam could make a "compensation" store/currency... and let people pick the items they want (insert usual conversation about whether this should be tier based)... that would really be a plus.

By writing this, don't expect free items now
    lol no offense
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian

Wozzle007 said:

I’m happy that the fix is close. The more I test it, the better it feels. Anything they give us is icing.
    Honestly, I’ve not really complained much about the parry issue, I’ve just sat back and let them deal with it. But since the new input testing came out the failed parry problem has got much, much worse!

It used to be quite sporadic, I could go a full day without any issues, but now it seems to happen every couple of fights where by at least half of the parry’s register on screen via text but don’t actually parry the AI.

I have tried this extensively switching back and forth between the new input system whilst doing a 32m arena run, and either way the problem is massively worse than it EVER has been for me.

It would appear that whatever fix or progress the devs believe they are making it not helping everyone.
    No matter what, people will whine and moan about something. It's already been foretold
  • LightvayneLightvayne Member Posts: 518 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Maybe its just me, but hell, I'd just be happy with some gold lol. Kick about 50 mil gold my way and we'll call it even XD