Enter the Battlegrounds this May! Open Beta Starts May 9th!
Let the Games Begin!Greetings Contenders!
This month, we’ll be hosting a month-long Battlegrounds event, complete with new rewards and Buffs!
Challenge other Summoners from across the world, and take part in Battlegrounds matches to earn Trophy Tokens from Special Objectives, and spend them on valuable rewards in the all-new Battlegrounds store!
This event will start on May 9th at 10am PT and conclude on June 6th at 10am PT.
BuffsEach week will feature a different set of Buffs to compliment the Defenders of the match.
- Masochism - Every 7 seconds the next Debuff triggered on the Defender is immediately removed. Each time this effect triggers they Regenerate 5% of their Max Health.
- Power Snack 2 - Every 7 seconds the next Buff triggered by the Attacker is immediately Nullified. Each time this effect triggers, the Defender gains 50% of a bar of power.
- Rise to Power 2 - When the Defender is knocked down a 4-second timer starts. While active, each time the Defender lands a hit or strikes into the block, they gain 30% of a bar of Power.
- Safeguard - Prevents champion from losing more than 1% of Health from a single source.
- ??? (To be Announced!)
Special ObjectivesFor this event, we’ve created special Objectives that reward you for playing, and for winning matches!
Every 48 Hours:
Play 2 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens
Play 4 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens
Play 6 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens
Play 8 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens
Play 10 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens
Every 7 Days:
Win 5 Battlegrounds Matches - 500 Trophy Tokens
Win 10 Battlegrounds Matches - 1000 Trophy Tokens
Win 15 Battlegrounds Matches - 1500 Trophy Tokens
Win 20 Battlegrounds Matches - 1500 Trophy Tokens
Win 25 Battlegrounds Matches - 500 Trophy Tokens
Win 30 Battlegrounds Matches - 500 Trophy Tokens
Battlegrounds StoreAfter you’ve collected your Trophy Tokens, you can spend them in the Battlegrounds Store to obtain resources to empower your team!
- Champion Recharge costs 45 Units for a full recharge
- Can only pay Units to recharge when Champion Charges are completely depleted
- Champion Charges replenish on a 6 hour timer
Regarding 3rd Party Software and CheatingOver the course of the past two Battlegrounds stress tests, we have observed a some malicious behaviour within the mode. We hear your concerns and have been working to ramp up our enforcement actions as we approach the Battlegrounds Open Beta.
Being a competitive mode, it’s very important to us to reinforce its integrity by acting on these users on a regular basis.
As a reminder, here is an excerpt from our policy on cheating and player conduct:
“While most summoners are honest and play the game legitimately, some players may be tempted to use exploits or mods to unbalance the game in their favor.
We do not ignore these concerns, and we are continuously investigating any cases that arise or are reported to us. We will punish those that break the rules. This means that using exploits or applications that modify the experience of the game, or upset the balance of fair play, can result in being banned from the game permanently as well as our forums.
Players that have used a 3rd Party Hack or Modification to beat another Alliance or Player can see their account immediately banned.
Let us be clear - if you hack, cheat, share your account, attempt to sell your account or commit fraud, we will find you and punish you in order to protect the game playing experience for our honest and dedicated players."
Post edited by Kabam Miike on