**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is nobody talking about the Red Magneto change?

awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★

Does this mean I can no longer infinitely hold heavy and it'll auto throw on it's own, or will the unstoppable buff go away and you can continue holding heavy?

If it's the later, magneto just got a lot easier to fight against. If it's the former, this will be annoying on certain matchups (especially in abyss vs tech champs for instance)

Why the change? Is there a node in eternity of pain or act 8 that he makes too easy? I don't think this ability made him "broken"

Comments

• Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

So should they fix quake then too by that logic? She was never meant to be the way she is.

Except Quake doesn't really hold her heavy forever. Every time she evades or you dex you have to start charging heavy again. Also, the change doesn't really change anything. It only took a few seconds to multiply your prowess. Magneto will still be as broken op as before.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Does this mean I can no longer infinitely hold heavy and it'll auto throw on it's own, or will the unstoppable buff go away and you can continue holding heavy?

If it's the later, magneto just got a lot easier to fight against. If it's the former, this will be annoying on certain matchups (especially in abyss vs tech champs for instance)

Why the change? Is there a node in eternity of pain or act 8 that he makes too easy? I don't think this ability made him "broken"

It was quite literally broken.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★

Magneto is supposed to lose his unstoppable after being struck while holding his heavy. Currently If you spam heavy you can keep the unstoppable active indefinitely in spite of being hit and while it is supposed to be on cooldown, they are fixing that.

Thank you for the clarification with this context. Previously I didn't understand and reading that one line change I didn't know.

Though every time I was struck while charging heavy with magneto, I always got a cooldown timer for the unstoppable. Was that broken?
  • Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    Rip magneto
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    RIP WS farming with mags
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Agreed (can’t quake)
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    was bug where you could chain heAcura and even if you got hit you’d be permanently unstoppable
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Im probably doing it wrong but I only ever used this in arena. Can someone tell me why this nerf was necessary outside of arena?
  • Options

Im probably doing it wrong but I only ever used this in arena. Can someone tell me why this nerf was necessary outside of arena?

Because it's not a nerf
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Bug fixes for consistency. It's very probable future champs come with the same wording and then discrepancy occurs if they behave differently
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    It changes nothing but I'll be happy because it'll be easier to fight him
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

It changes nothing but I'll be happy because it'll be easier to fight him

It won’t change anything about how to fight him, this was an offensive bug.

While he’s on defence he will still go unstoppable the same as normal. While on attack he will still go unstoppable while you charge heavy, the bug was that you could stay unstoppable even after being hit/throwing the heavy and be permanently unstoppable - see the GIF posted earlier in the thread.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Going to try this again…

Please only fix the permanent unstoppable during heavy issue.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Lpoo said:

was bug where you could chain heAcura and even if you got hit you’d be permanently unstoppable

Spidey you ok?
    not really

autocorrect strikes again
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Magneto is supposed to lose his unstoppable after being struck while holding his heavy. Currently If you spam heavy you can keep the unstoppable active indefinitely in spite of being hit and while it is supposed to be on cooldown, they are fixing that.

Thank you for the clarification with this context. Previously I didn't understand and reading that one line change I didn't know.

Though every time I was struck while charging heavy with magneto, I always got a cooldown timer for the unstoppable. Was that broken?
    That's how it was intended to work and how it will moving forward. How it was working now is that if you started charging a heavy before the animation finished he wouldn't actually lose the unstopppable and if you kept repeating this you'd be infinitely unstoppable even while the cooldown was happening. If at any point you lost the unstoppable, you would then have to wait for the cooldown to finish before you could activate it again. It's a small change and it was definitely a bug.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

I guess you're not as wrong as you sound. It was obviously not a really viable play style for any competitive content. I did use it a few times where instead of actually using autofight, I would just charge heavies with Magneto as it got the fights down a little quicker and I could still pay almost no attention.