**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds is fun

Hey Kabam and random people that feel like responding

I really like battlegrounds, it’s a fun game mode, when is it gonna un-beta/ how many more betas until it becomes an official game mode? It’s an awesome addition to the game, and it’s been made really well.

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I’m curious as well, do have a official release date yet?
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★

Battlegrounds is a pretty interesting concept but it should get a few tweaks like instead of just 7 seconds to ban we should get a full minute, actually they should make every single one of the timers like 2 mins. They should also give you 10 mins to complete a fight and when you don’t have a counter they should have an ask button where the game gives you a free counter for the defender you’re fighting so this is my good take

Doing this definitely kills the uniqueness of BG and it will be a terrible design
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    BG is full of cheaters…
    It also gets boring very quickly, as repetitive game play does.
    (It’s especially boring with a global node that doesn’t change)

That’s my opinion
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    There was supposed to be a whole month-long beta during April, but it got scrapped so Kabam could focus on tweaking some stuff. Instead, we got a week-long beta.

That means that there's presumably a month-long beta still to come, with the full launch coming only sometime after that. So my guess is that we'll see that longer beta during May and then see the full launch in June or July, assuming they don't get stuck fixing something (like the cheating).
  • Ercarret said:

There was supposed to be a whole month-long beta during April, but it got scrapped so Kabam could focus on tweaking some stuff. Instead, we got a week-long beta.

That means that there's presumably a month-long beta still to come, with the full launch coming only sometime after that. So my guess is that we'll see that longer beta during May and then see the full launch in June or July, assuming they don't get stuck fixing something (like the cheating).

I hope they take a bit longer to address and counter that cheating.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Battlegrounds is fun. Even more so because there are so many champs to choose from and apply.

Regardless of the issues from the first two betas, I will continue to play it.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,654 Guardian
    Ercarret said:

Pretty sure battlegrounds was supposed to fully release in April, not get a month-long beta. However, the March beta proved that there were a ton of issues that needed to be resolved. Instead of fully releasing potentially broken content, they decided to run another beta to see if their fixes worked. Also somewhere on forums kabam confirmed they have anticheating measures in place for once battlegrounds is released, and obviously they aren't going to tell us how they will catch cheaters because then the cheaters could easily find a way around it.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Pikolu said:

Ercarret said:

Pretty sure battlegrounds was supposed to fully release in April, not get a month-long beta. However, the March beta proved that there were a ton of issues that needed to be resolved. Instead of fully releasing potentially broken content, they decided to run another beta to see if their fixes worked. Also somewhere on forums kabam confirmed they have anticheating measures in place for once battlegrounds is released, and obviously they aren't going to tell us how they will catch cheaters because then the cheaters could easily find a way around it.
    It was supposed to be a month long beta that's now happening in May: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/300863/adjusted-battlegrounds-beta-schedule-early-preview-2-april-20-27#latest

We had initially planned for April to include a 30 Day Beta test, but will be pushing this back to May