**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mutant Domination guide

Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
edited May 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So... after exploring Abyss I never thought that I needed to make one of these guides again. But Carina decided otherwise lol. Time to jump back in and do it with a full mutant team!

I went for the path 5/ path 3 hybrid (because I absolutely despise Hyperion), however if you choose this route then you MUST HAVE MAX DESPAIR FOR BISHOP, aside from that the other fights can be done with a general mastery setup (max pacify and petrify masteries along with a point or two in willpower are strongly encouraged but the run is still doable without).

The Squad:
6* R3 unduped stryfe
6* R3 unduped apoc
6* R3 sig 20 red mags
6* R2 unduped white mags
5* R5 sig 80 professor x

The Stash:
1676 units
11 L1 revives
8 L2 revives
2 team revives
10 L5 health potions (from parry compensation)
Lots of L3 and L4 potions
177 free crystals
Some attack and champion boosters (though I didn't use any).

Journey to the Collector:
Started off with IMIW. Used red mags, sp2 for armor break to prevent power steal, then sp3 spam while maintaining armor break at all times. Should be an easy solo, feel free to reset until you get a clean kill.

Invisible woman was long. Used apoc since he was my only good counter (has consistent debuffs to prevent stun from the power stings). Get all 4 of your debuffs and sp3 to make them permanent. From here you gotta play the long game. Only use a heavy attack when fight me coward is about to trigger in order to maximize the damage done by the debuffs. Spam sp1 to build your damage with the stryfe synergy (ideally when force field isn't active). The exhaustion debuffs from the force field provide free healing via willpower so you don't have to play insanely well for this. Fairly long but fairly easy. 1 revive.

Gulk was another slogfest. Ramped up stryfe here and then used apoc to get him down. Same strategy as IW (get all 3 debuffs and then sp3 to make them permanent, play slow and spam sp1 to deal damage), this strategy will be the general apoc strat for each of his fights. If you are close to 20% health be ready to quit out since he might proc the regen. A bit more annoying but mostly incredibly long. 2 revives.

YJ was another long one. Use red mags, hold block and reparry to prevent him from using specials, and slaughter him with the sp3. 2 revives, finished the fight with professor X to get a charge.

Mordo was a nice break. Took off 50% with apoc, then threw the rest of my team at him so I could team revive. (Both Stryfe and red mags were dead). Easily finished the rest off with stryfe since his mediums and heavies bypass evade.

Mephisto was fairly easy. Healed apoc, got the incinerate immunity, then played as usual. Solo.

Thor was a bit troublesome at first, but he wasn't too bad with the right strategy. Use red mags and only throw specials when stunned to prevent his abyss node from triggering due to pacify mastery. (Abyss champs seem to have higher base AA so there still is a chance the power gain leaks through). Time your sp3 with his boon of the gods power gain to prevent yourself from getting rekt. 1 revive.

Aegon was easy. Use stryfe and spam sp2 and heavy attacks. Solo.

Sinister was even easier. Use stryfe, get sp1 shock and then spam sp2. Solo.

Thing was another apoc fight (basically very long). Solo.

Red skull was a red mags fight, but he was a bit of a nuisance since he has class advantage, which gives him block penetration and power gain. This meant that, when using a magneto sp3 above 2 bars, it might just push skull to a sp3. Play carefully, don't push him too far above 2 bars, and only throw the sp3 when he is stunned (petrify mastery). Alternatively you can just throw the sp3 when skull has 1 bar of power and settle for a longer and slightly more expensive run. 3 revives.

Now bishop.... was a slog. If you thought gulk and red skull were long, you better strap in.

The basic strategy is to first play aggressive and get as close to a sp3 as possible without going over. Throw a sp2, then quickly throw a sp1. Then refresh your debuffs. With max despair, bishop should not heal much from the bleeds (should only be around 1K per tick at best). Race to a sp3 and lock your debuffs in while using as little heavy attacks as you need. That's the easy part.

Now you have to let the debuffs deal as much damage as possible by only hitting him once before fight me coward triggers. This makes it very easy to get cornered and makes it slower to get your sp1 to deal damage. On top of this you have to survive a heap load of special damage because it's bishop. And you have to redo all of this every time you die. For 5.7 million health. Oh joy.

This fight might not be a total bs clown fiesta, but it is LONG which means you are bound to mess up at some point. (My longest try was about 13 minutes long). Definitely take a break before jumping into this one.

Okay, rant over. Bishop cost me 5 revives. Moving on...

Korg was fairly straightforward, this fight is a good time to place a white mags prefight. Botched the solo attempt with stryfe (I only took 50% off lol) so I finished him with the Prof for another charge.

Havok was easier than expected. Went into this one with apoc and expected to die a lot from the plasma but it turns out a full detonation only takes off 5% of his health (which is basically nothing if you have willpower). Don't let him use an sp1, aside from that use the usual apoc strategy. Died once when he refused to use a sp2 so 1 revive here.

Champion was annoying as hell. Use stryfe and play carefully around your cooldown timer for removing the unstoppable (it's not that bad, originally you couldn't remove it at all because of a bug). Don't let him use sp1 or else he will regenerate. 2 revives.

Ghost was easy. Red mags is the easier option but I used stryfe since mags was dead. Solo.

Karnak was very boring since it is literally just heavy spamming in the corner. I threw my entire team at him and took off 95%. I then team revived and killed him with prof x for the final charge.

Collector was a pain (I mean when is he not lol), but with a little assistance from the white mags prefight stryfe did a pretty good job at cleaning house. Very good counter. 7 revives.

And that's that! Overall went a lot smoother than expected (except for bishop and collector lol).

Final Cost:
No units (yay!)
All my revives, potions and free crystals (pulled 5 revives from the free crystals so yay).
Most of my Sunday morning and afternoon.

Final thoughts:
1. Prof X didn't see much action this run, so if you don't care about his synergies he isn't mandatory. Cable could be a good substitute.
2. Take lots of breaks. Especially during bishop, skull and gulk.
3. Wacka wacka.

Thanks for reading, and take care!

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Great job!
    What would change if you were to redo it?
    Also, I don’t have any rMags (only 3star) and counting on my unduped 5star Stryfe for the matchups he would have taken. Would you recommended duping Stryfe or he would work fine unawakened? Thanks
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

Great job!
    What would change if you were to redo it?
    Also, I don’t have any rMags (only 3star) and counting on my unduped 5star Stryfe for the matchups he would have taken. Would you recommended duping Stryfe or he would work fine unawakened? Thanks

Honestly I wouldn't change much since the run went so much better than expected. Only big thing was that I probably should've boosted up on the long fights such as skull and bishop. Would've made it a bit shorter.

And Stryfe can do this challenge unduped, the healthpools are so big you can easily get fully ramped in a single fight.
  • Options
    mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★

So... after exploring Abyss I never thought that I needed to make one of these guides again. But Carina decided otherwise lol. Time to jump back in and do it with a full mutant team!

I went for the path 5/ path 3 hybrid (because I absolutely despise Hyperion), however if you choose this route then you MUST HAVE MAX DESPAIR FOR BISHOP, aside from that the other fights can be done with a general mastery setup (max pacify and petrify masteries along with a point or two in willpower are strongly encouraged but the run is still doable without).

The Squad:
    6* R3 unduped stryfe
    6* R3 unduped apoc
    6* R3 sig 20 red mags
    6* R2 unduped white mags
    5* R5 sig 80 professor x

The Stash:
    1676 units
    11 L1 revives
    8 L2 revives
    2 team revives
    10 L5 health potions (from parry compensation)
    Lots of L3 and L4 potions
    177 free crystals
    Some attack and champion boosters (though I didn't use any).

Journey to the Collector:
    Started off with IMIW. Used red mags, sp2 for armor break to prevent power steal, then sp3 spam while maintaining armor break at all times. Should be an easy solo, feel free to reset until you get a clean kill.

Invisible woman was long. Used apoc since he was my only good counter (has consistent debuffs to prevent stun from the power stings). Get all 4 of your debuffs and sp3 to make them permanent. From here you gotta play the long game. Only use a heavy attack when fight me coward is about to trigger in order to maximize the damage done by the debuffs. Spam sp1 to build your damage with the stryfe synergy (ideally when force field isn't active). The exhaustion debuffs from the force field provide free healing via willpower so you don't have to play insanely well for this. Fairly long but fairly easy. 1 revive.

Gulk was another slogfest. Ramped up stryfe here and then used apoc to get him down. Same strategy as IW (get all 3 debuffs and then sp3 to make them permanent, play slow and spam sp1 to deal damage), this strategy will be the general apoc strat for each of his fights. If you are close to 20% health be ready to quit out since he might proc the regen. A bit more annoying but mostly incredibly long. 2 revives.

YJ was another long one. Use red mags, hold block and reparry to prevent him from using specials, and slaughter him with the sp3. 2 revives, finished the fight with professor X to get a charge.

Mordo was a nice break. Took off 50% with apoc, then threw the rest of my team at him so I could team revive. (Both Stryfe and red mags were dead). Easily finished the rest off with stryfe since his mediums and heavies bypass evade.

Mephisto was fairly easy. Healed apoc, got the incinerate immunity, then played as usual. Solo.

Thor was a bit troublesome at first, but he wasn't too bad with the right strategy. Use red mags and only throw specials when stunned to prevent his abyss node from triggering due to pacify mastery. (Abyss champs seem to have higher base AA so there still is a chance the power gain leaks through). Time your sp3 with his boon of the gods power gain to prevent yourself from getting rekt. 1 revive.

Aegon was easy. Use stryfe and spam sp2 and heavy attacks. Solo.

Sinister was even easier. Use stryfe, get sp1 shock and then spam sp2. Solo.

Thing was another apoc fight (basically very long). Solo.

Red skull was a red mags fight, but he was a bit of a nuisance since he has class advantage, which gives him block penetration and power gain. This meant that, when using a magneto sp3 above 2 bars, it might just push skull to a sp3. Play carefully, don't push him too far above 2 bars, and only throw the sp3 when he is stunned (petrify mastery). Alternatively you can just throw the sp3 when skull has 1 bar of power and settle for a longer and slightly more expensive run. 3 revives.

Now bishop.... was a slog. If you thought gulk and red skull were long, you better strap in.

The basic strategy is to first play aggressive and get as close to a sp3 as possible without going over. Throw a sp2, then quickly throw a sp1. Then refresh your debuffs. With max despair, bishop should not heal much from the bleeds (should only be around 1K per tick at best). Race to a sp3 and lock your debuffs in while using as little heavy attacks as you need. That's the easy part.

Now you have to let the debuffs deal as much damage as possible by only hitting him once before fight me coward triggers. This makes it very easy to get cornered and makes it slower to get your sp1 to deal damage. On top of this you have to survive a heap load of special damage because it's bishop. And you have to redo all of this every time you die. For 5.7 million health. Oh joy.

This fight might not be a total bs clown fiesta, but it is LONG which means you are bound to mess up at some point. (My longest try was about 13 minutes long). Definitely take a break before jumping into this one.

Korg was fairly straightforward, this fight is a good time to place a white mags prefight. Botched the solo attempt with stryfe (I only took 50% off lol) so I finished him with the Prof for another charge.

Havok was easier than expected. Went into this one with apoc and expected to die a lot from the plasma but it turns out a full detonation only takes off 5% of his health (which is basically nothing if you have willpower). Don't let him use an sp1, aside from that use the usual apoc strategy. Died once when he refused to use a sp2 so 1 revive here.

Champion was annoying as hell. Use stryfe and play carefully around your cooldown timer for removing the unstoppable (it's not that bad, originally you couldn't remove it at all because of a bug). Don't let him use sp1 or else he will regenerate. 2 revives.

Ghost was easy. Red mags is the easier option but I used stryfe since mags was dead. Solo.

Karnak was very boring since it is literally just heavy spamming in the corner. I threw my entire team at him and took off 95%. I then team revived and killed him with prof x for the final charge.

Collector was a pain (I mean when is he not lol), but with a little assistance from the white mags prefight stryfe did a pretty good job at cleaning house. Very good counter. 7 revives.

And that's that! Overall went a lot smoother than expected (except for bishop and collector lol).

Final Cost:
    No units (yay!)
    All my revives, potions and free crystals (pulled 5 revives from the free crystals so yay).
    Most of my Sunday morning and afternoon.

Final thoughts:
    1. Prof X didn't see much action this run, so if you don't care about his synergies he isn't mandatory. Cable could be a good substitute.
    2. Take lots of breaks. Especially during bishop, skull and gulk.
    3. Wacka wacka.

Thanks for reading, and take care!

Thanks for the very impressive guide mate 👍.... probably took you a lot of time, but I'm pretty sure a lot of players really appreciate the guide even though they don't comment. The guide is thorough, honest and easy to understand even for a Dane. Good day to you mate.
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Great info! I am planning the full path 5, since carina will leave me 1 path to 100% this fiesta,
    did you use suicides since you brought Prof X?

I run suicides 99% of the time, for this i'm taking it off since prof X will be replaced in my team
    my team

R5 sig 200 stryfe
    r1 whitemags
    r4 apoc
    r3 cable
    r5 5 red mags
    -------------------

side note, i don't want to r3 stryfe undub, hence he won't be used in any other content besides this challange. I'd prefer r3 undub white mags if any resources are on overflow.
  • Options
    Lorddrew said:

Great info! I am planning the full path 5, since carina will leave me 1 path to 100% this fiesta,
    did you use suicides since you brought Prof X?

I run suicides 99% of the time, for this i'm taking it off since prof X will be replaced in my team
    my team

R5 sig 200 stryfe
    r1 whitemags
    r4 apoc
    r3 cable
    r5 5 red mags
    -------------------

side note, i don't want to r3 stryfe undub, hence he won't be used in any other content besides this challange. I'd prefer r3 undub white mags if any resources are on overflow.

I didn't (and still don't) run suicides, but you might wanna R5 your apoc first. He carries in a lot of hard fights if you can play well and survive long enough.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,162 ★★★★★

Sorry for necroing.

I’m using this as one of my basic guides and I’m currently at Bishop. I can’t find any videos that benefit me, and I can’t tell which champion you used. If anyone can share a video or tips for Bishop for mutant domination besides Cable, it’d be much appreciated. I have plenty of revives still saved and potions, and a r4 Apoc, r4 Strfye, and r3 colossus, prof x (4 charges), red mags and suicides on, (but can turn off).
  • Options

Sorry for necroing.

I’m using this as one of my basic guides and I’m currently at Bishop. I can’t find any videos that benefit me, and I can’t tell which champion you used. If anyone can share a video or tips for Bishop for mutant domination besides Cable, it’d be much appreciated. I have plenty of revives still saved and potions, and a r4 Apoc, r4 Strfye, and r3 colossus, prof x (4 charges), red mags and suicides on, (but can turn off).
    Sorry about that bro. Used apocalypse with max despair using the strategy listed above
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,162 ★★★★★
    Thanks. I couldn’t have gone this far it without your guide. I’m splitting off to keep going on Path 5, but I wouldn’t have made it this far without you. Only two revives on Bishop, (but 7 on IMIW and 15 on Yellowjacket. Yikes.). Still have quite a stash to use.
  • Options

Thanks. I couldn’t have gone this far it without your guide. I’m splitting off to keep going on Path 5, but I wouldn’t have made it this far without you. Only two revives on Bishop, (but 7 on IMIW and 15 on Yellowjacket. Yikes.). Still have quite a stash to use.

Good luck bro