Big change in 8.1 Beta

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

I don't remember ever seeing a Beta that could impact your normal account. I'm okay with it since I personally am in the Beta and appreciate the reasonable rewards for the effort in testing out new content.

I'm interested to see the reactions of those not in the Beta though.

Edit: looks like exploration of 8.1 will give 44 placeholder shards, or 22k real-account shards after the beta is over.

Comments

• Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    I signed up for the beta, got the pop up, but now don't see how to enter it
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I don't remember ever seeing a Beta that could impact your normal account. I'm okay with it since I personally am in the Beta and appreciate the reasonable rewards for the effort in testing out new content.

I'm interested to see the reactions of those not in the Beta though.

Edit: looks like exploration of 8.1 will give 44 placeholder shards, or 22k real-account shards after the beta is over.

It's not 22k. You get 500 for the completion of each quest and then another 500 for exploration. 6k total
    Actually 6500 bc you get 500 for chapter exploration as well
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

How u count the champer one to
    44 place holder dos equal 22k because how I’m understanding is 1 is 500 shard meant count those it 22k
  • DhoomsayDhoomsay Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2022
    @Kabam Zibiit I got act 8.1 beta server but everytime I'm trying to open beta server got these issue
  • DhoomsayDhoomsay Member Posts: 6
    Here is video
    Gamer said:

44 place holder dos equal 22k because how I’m understanding is 1 is 500 shard meant count those it 22k
    There aren't 44 place holders. 1 at quest completion and 1 at quest exploration for each quest. Then 1 at chapter exploration. That's 13. 6500 shards.

Gamer said:

There aren't 44 place holders. 1 at quest completion and 1 at quest exploration for each quest. Then 1 at chapter exploration. That's 13. 6500 shards.
    For me I’m counting 44 though.
    Unless it means to stand something els

24 from cler all 100 procen plus the 20 giv 44
    You can only get completion once for each quest....
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    While not the end of the world 22k 6* shards is still a pretty big give considering no real resources are spent in beta testing.

You can only get completion once for each quest....

Yes 4 of them out of 6 quset meant 24 in totalt. There is 6 quset I’m believing you don’t count all quset but one of them only
    Ah you get 3 for exploration. That's where you guys are getting all the extras. I just read the message

Ah you get 3 for exploration. That's where you guys are getting all the extras. I just read the message

Resone I’m taken a picture. For better reference I’m back one the betas furum.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    Even though its not a lot of shards im still feeling left out/sad that I cant participate and there's nothing I can do about it. Sucks
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,422 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Zeraphan said:

While not the end of the world 22k 6* shards is still a pretty big give considering no real resources are spent in beta testing.

22k is definitely not enough for me to grind it out lol
    This exactly. While it’s nice that you get shards but it takes a lot of time to grind stuff out. I may try out a few paths as time permits but definitely not grinding it out just for the shards.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Wdym by placeholder shards?
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★

Wdym by placeholder shards?

You get shards that aren’t added to your crystal stash but instead are some sort of item, they are stored differently and each actually represents 500 crystal shards for your real account.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian
    Raganator said:

Per usual, should have been announced beforehand. I didn't opt in this time. Had I known, I would have.

Why didn't you opt in. Just because you opt in doesn't mean you have to do it. I opted in mainly so I could have fun with my mastery setups lol.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Wasn't there some uproar about paradox in the last beta?

Perhaps incentivising people to participate rather than scanning the nodes and saying "nope" will ensure more test data across the group.

I have no problem with beta testers getting some free stuff, its a tradeoff for their time and effort.
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Member Posts: 569 ★★★
    In the Act 7 betas I would do a few lanes in each quest and give feedback. Hate to admit it, but the 6* shards is enough for me to grind out exploration - which will equate to better feedback
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Zeraphan said:

Time is a resource. One you can never get back.