**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Idea

One of the major issues I've found playing battlegrounds is: the champs you really want to use are always the ones getting banned. Personally my R4 is always getting banned and I never get a real opportunity to test them out (meaning they sit at 3/3 capped energy all day long). Soooo I'm preposing a new idea where we can make a champion in our roster into a "MyStErY ChAmPiOn".

When loading into a battlegrounds match, the first thing that happens is "the banning phase" (arguably where most matches can already be won) BUT instead now each member can pre-determine a champion from their own roster that doesn't display their class, rank, PI and other details (i'll further show my idea in the images below).

Now when you enter your next match of battle grounds It would add a new level of mind-games which could leave you thinking "should I ban this champion, or should I ban their mystery champion?"

The image above just shows what it will look like in the banning phase for you. I can imagine 3 situations where this mechanic may be somewhat useful.

1. To trick your opponent into banning a champion they normally wouldn't.
2. To trick your opponent into not taking a risk banning that mystery champion (allowing for you to use them).
3. Possibly even trick your opponent into banning a champion that has high offensive damage in their own roster.

Now of course if you do choose to ban the mystery champion it will show you which champion it actually was as soon as the banning phase finishes. I really do think this could positively impact the mode and give players a different type of advantage. Please keep in mind that it is only an idea and i'm open to anything that could possibly improve it.

Comments

• BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Lol no
  • That sounds like an instant ban to me
  • DanthexmanDanthexman Posts: 197
    To spice it up, if your mystery champ doesn't get banned, it has to be drafted
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    A better solution?

Hide the PI. Only show the rarity.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,009 ★★★★★
    This is a very cool idea, but not one I’m sure I’d like to see implemented. It definitely opens up additional strategy in the banning phase, but there’s already so much to consider in that short time that I don’t know that I need the stress of a wildcard variable being present as well.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    It is a cool idea, but I don't know if I would really enjoy playing with it. This is one of those cases where it really helps to have a wide roster. I get not getting to play a cool new champ (my Kitty is R3 sig 200 and is almost always banned) but that is one of the cases where roster diversity comes in to play. The more champs you have at a similar level, the more likely you might get to play that one awesome champ. On the bright side, they are always banning that champ for themselves too, so if they have them, they are also missing out.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I'm not a fan. This idea sounds cool on the surface, but it comes at a cost. The whole point of the ban and pick phases is to introduce a strategic element to battlegrounds. But adding a way to hide champs eliminates some of that strategy. You can argue that there's a strategic element to deciding whether to ban a hidden champion, but that's not strategy, that's luck.

To put it another way, if during the pick phase two of the champs were hidden, and we had to decide whether to pick them or not, I think people would dislike that because that seems to be taking away strategy and adding more randomness. That's essentially what hiding the deck does to the ban phase: removes strategy and adds more randomness.