**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why am I able to parry Ikaris in EOP?

I was just curious why I’m able to parry Ikaris with mighty charge node active. Which obviously makes him go unstoppable. I’m confused.

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,214 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    He is immune to parry with might charge, which gives him unstoppable

Read the nodes fuel the fire and immune efficient
  • Kopara7Kopara7 Posts: 52
    I’ve read the node. Usually with mighty charge, he’ll shrug the parries off and you reparry but with this no. I was able to parry him without him shrugging it off. Twice in a row in fact.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Kopara7 said:

I’ve read the node. Usually with mighty charge, he’ll shrug the parries off and you reparry but with this no. I was able to parry him without him shrugging it off. Twice in a row in fact.

Did you have max pacify? Maybe that might have been the case
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,214 ★★★★★
    Kopara7 said:

Then it's a bug...
    There is no node or ability which can disable a immunity.

Provided ikaris is dashing from a distance and not standing near you.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    When immune or stunned he gets a fury effect, triggering unstoppable. You shouldn’t be able to stun.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    I have max pacify and was able to parry him consistently 100% of the time. of course I wasn't trying to parry at the time, but I never was able to do a parry and have it be shrugged. Used ronan and prof x.
  • Same, could always parry. Even when I wasn't trying too
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 519 ★★★
    That's really good rng if 30 percent works every time. That's crazy. My luck is never that good lol 😆
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

I have max pacify and was able to parry him consistently 100% of the time. of course I wasn't trying to parry at the time, but I never was able to do a parry and have it be shrugged. Used ronan and prof x.

Why would he shrug parry stun
  • Kopara7Kopara7 Posts: 52
    Thank you, I thought I was the only one. I was parrying him even when I tried not too. Used, AA, BWCV, Sym Sup.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Ikaris can be parried, just he turns unstoppable and you’re in trouble. If you hit fast enough, sometimes you can hit him with medium when he got stunned with your reparry when dash back. The window is pretty short though.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    My guess is he was too close to trigger the Mighty Charge node.

BTW, parry him with Proxima Midnight (or Sam Wilson with a Bulwark buff) and he'll never go Unstoppable.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I’m pretty sure the immunity should prevent the stun that makes him get a fury and go unstoppable.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,162 ★★★★
    AA with some neuros shuts it down and allows parry
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    I was practicing a bit with Kitty and on one run I recall clearly she was able to parry him as he charged across from the other end of the screen (I was trying to evade the medium but input didnt work and I just stood still). He became unstoppable of course, but he was also stunned.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Passive stun can work on him.