**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Daily Crystal

I believe the daily crystal should be tied to the in game calendar. I have an alarm everyday to go off when I can claim my daily paragon crystal. Today my alarm went off at 10:13am PST and since the game is down I can’t claim my crystal.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Claim it when the game is running again
    ERockHD said:

Jaded said:

I will but now it sets me back time. Adding it to the in game calendar would make it so I would get it every day without having to worry about time
    Can’t make everyone happy. If they tie it to the calendar it’ll upset others that sleep at that time but have their crystal set to open when they are awake.

I wouldn’t stress losing time on daily crystals, it’s just not worth the heartache.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,137 ★★★★★
    I'm in agreement with OP. 4 hour crystals are different given you can potentially get 5-6 in a day. Dailies would be better tied to the daily calendar release cycle - if you dont log in for 24 hours you dont get it but having the daily crystal release constantly fluctuate is tiresome and serves no real benefit.

My personal example - I woke up in the middle of last night and got mine (after falling asleep much earlier than usual after a hectic day) and now I probably won't get my next daily until 6 hours later, when I resume my normal sleep cycle tonight.

Just something that could be much simpler and can be easily implemented based on all the other daily calendars they do.

Jaded said:

ERockHD said:

Jaded said:

I will but now it sets me back time. Adding it to the in game calendar would make it so I would get it every day without having to worry about time
    Can’t make everyone happy. If they tie it to the calendar it’ll upset others that sleep at that time but have their crystal set to open when they are awake.

I wouldn’t stress losing time on daily crystals, it’s just not worth the heartache.
    Doesn't that mean it's still set to open when they wake up and claim the calendars?
    It's literally the same thing, you just take away the requirement to be on by a specific time or risk that time getting pushed back. Sure, losing a few crystals over the course of the year isn't the worst thing to happen to a player, but everything else in the game that is 24-hours sticks to an exact time regardless of when you login to take advantage of the rewards. Why shouldn't the daily crystals?
    No, it doesn’t. If kabam tied daily crystals to login calendar that could set others back by hours as well. So saying that OP is justified in his argument about losing time due to maintenance then it’s justified that others losing more time wouldn’t want it tied to the calendar. For example my daily comes 5 hours after the calendar resets, so depending when and how kabam made the changes I could lose alot of hours or gain a few hours.

It’s easier for everyone to maintain their own schedules. I feel for OP missing time as it adds up over years, but it’s not that big of a deal.