**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Next months champions getting buffed!

H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
edited June 2022 in General Discussion

And I'm already ready

Comments

• Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★
    Bruh Damn
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Very excited for the Yondu one cause I love the character. I still need to read the info though
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Hope you don't have regerts

Will look into this. But I took him up months and months ago.
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    Mysterio said:

Just want to let people know that the Gamora buff was pretty good we got and it took some testing and time to get a fair judgement on the character. Just cause Yondu's buff doesn't appear to be God-tier doesn't mean it is a bad buff.

It also can be a bad buff. If the buff doesn’t put a character into a viable R3+ candidate and very few rank them up; it doesn’t help the players and only hurts them as we now have to deal with a harder defender.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Hope you don't have regerts

Will look into this. But I took him up months and months ago.
    Then you're good either way. It's a small numbers buff but doesn't take anything away from his current kit. It's not bad per day just not a huge update.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    Wow Cat Murdock is fast with buff charts lol
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    This makes it appear the intent of the update program is to boost progressing accounts. Possible exception is DPX, who gains a good bit more bleed damage. Still…

Dr. Zola
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

This makes it appear the intent of the update program is to boost progressing accounts. Possible exception is DPX, who gains a good bit more bleed damage. Still…

Dr. Zola

The intent of the buff program is to make it so that it doesn’t physically hurt when one of these champions shows up in your crystals, they’ve said as much before. And I think they hit that mark here. If I didn’t already have these champs, I wouldn’t hate pulling them now. I don’t think my DPX is duped, so now I don’t dread the idea of awakening him. That’s a win in my book.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

The intent of the buff program is to make it so that it doesn’t physically hurt when one of these champions shows up in your crystals, they’ve said as much before. And I think they hit that mark here. If I didn’t already have these champs, I wouldn’t hate pulling them now. I don’t think my DPX is duped, so now I don’t dread the idea of awakening him. That’s a win in my book.
    But yondu still would've hurt...
    Aleor said:

Wicket329 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

But yondu still would've hurt...
    I’m not so sure. I’ll play around with him once his buff comes out. Mine is currently sig 20, only been duped the once so far, but his sig ability is nice. At max sig, an opponent with 3 debuffs will suffer -120% attack on activating a special. That’s pretty dang nifty now with his increased ability accuracy in placing debuffs and their increased duration.

I have a very well developed account. There are very few game changing champions still waiting out there for me, so I instead look for the fun ones and the niche utility options now. On paper, these look like champions that fit those factors.

Whereas before they made me want to walk into the ocean.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Quick mainly number updates buff.
    I’m a fun of these buffs, since they can make old champions usable without making them complicated too.
    His damage seems that will be descent after the update and his utility more viable.
    I just wished they did more of these quick buffs monthly.
    I can’t wait for a Rogue numbers update buff 👍

K00shMaan said:

I think he's still missing 1 key ability. Now that he can he generate Armour Ups, and in some cases quite a lot of them, he should have some kind of interaction with that. Whether it's something scaling with number of buffs or his active armour rating but just feels like there is something that could've been added there.

Definitely agree with this. He should have some kind of intrinsic benefit to the armor buffs beyond just armor rating because, realistically, if you’re playing well you won’t ever need it. I wouldn’t hate seeing something like 5% increased arrow attack ability accuracy per armor up buff. Doesn’t have to be big, but just a little bonus to make that mechanic feel worthwhile.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

K00shMaan said:

I think he's still missing 1 key ability. Now that he can he generate Armour Ups, and in some cases quite a lot of them, he should have some kind of interaction with that. Whether it's something scaling with number of buffs or his active armour rating but just feels like there is something that could've been added there.

Definitely agree with this. He should have some kind of intrinsic benefit to the armor buffs beyond just armor rating because, realistically, if you’re playing well you won’t ever need it. I wouldn’t hate seeing something like 5% increased arrow attack ability accuracy per armor up buff. Doesn’t have to be big, but just a little bonus to make that mechanic feel worthwhile.
    I think increasing Debuff duration (excluding stun) per Armour Up Buff would have been a good ability. That goes well with his ability to lower opponents Combat Power Rate and keep the up time on that easy to manage
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

He didn't get an increase to his bleed damage, but just an increased chance to apply a bleed.

An increased chance to apply bleed of an absolute number of 15% (from 25% to 40%).
    This means updated Yondu will have 60% more bleed damage than the current version.
    You can’t say that ain’t an increase on his bleed somehow 🤔

• TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Typhoon said:

He didn't get an increase to his bleed damage, but just an increased chance to apply a bleed.

An increased chance to apply bleed of an absolute number of 15% (from 25% to 40%).
    This means updated Yondu will have 60% more bleed damage than the current version.
    You can’t say that ain’t an increase on his bleed somehow 🤔

Understood - just saying that those bleeds will still tick the same. He definitely got better, I just personally don't see myself adding him to a team over a lot of other tech champions still.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Typhoon said:

I'm just failing to see what Yondu can do in the current meta. His kit hasn't changed with the exception of being able to steal some prowess. They showcase him as being able to be a good mutant counter now, but champs like Bishop can still eat him up. He didn't get an increase to his bleed damage, but just an increased chance to apply a bleed.

I feel like adding a True Strike buff to his kit would have made him much more valuable than simply increasing the timers on his abilities.

Being able to handle prowess is a big deal. However, it's still only a small number of matchups where that is critical but that number will grow moving forward. There are plenty of mutants where it just doesn't matter if they start stacking prowess because their specials are easily avoidable. They made him insignificantly better overall in general but much better against a few champs in particular (Apoc, Kitty, Havok, Storm, Bishop, Sauron, both Mags).
    Typhoon said:

I'm just failing to see what Yondu can do in the current meta. His kit hasn't changed with the exception of being able to steal some prowess. They showcase him as being able to be a good mutant counter now, but champs like Bishop can still eat him up. He didn't get an increase to his bleed damage, but just an increased chance to apply a bleed.

I feel like adding a True Strike buff to his kit would have made him much more valuable than simply increasing the timers on his abilities.

Bishop is an outlier example, he’s a bad matchup against lots of tech champs who are otherwise mutant-slayers, like Nimrod. Actually, I’m not so sure he’ll trigger Bishop’s overload damage since Bishop won’t be getting much in the way of prowess from Yondu anyway. Would have to test that.

The ability to remove prowess from the opponent will make him invaluable in matchups against tough defenders like Apocalypse, Kitty Pryde, and Sauron for players who don’t yet have Nimrod or one of the other small handful of prowess removing champions.

Yondu’s not vaulting up to the top of his class by any stretch. There are certainly better options. But he’s widely available, easy to use, and now has access to some useful and niche utility as well as a very solid amount of damage. It’s a good buff for him, even if there is more that could be added to it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

It hurts less, for sure, so I guess it’s mission *sort of* accomplished.

But if physical pain is the metric, there are a lot more painful pulls than either of these two champs. One is a fair synergy partner with Nick, and the other is at least mid-tier with average+ utility. I can think of a half dozen champs in each class that are more debilitating to pull.

I think the team may be so fearful they might produce another Magneto that every buff now feels tepid (possible exception is Gamora, who’s had as much work done on her as the Kardashians). Either that or they have reduced the resources that comprise the update team. Whatever it is it makes what used to be a heavily anticipated part of the game less exciting.

Dr. Zola