**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Did you enjoy Eternity of Pain?

Now that the first round of EOP is in the books, I was just wondering if you enjoyed it for the rewards well get for it.

Did you enjoy Eternity of Pain? 175 votes

Yes I did
43%
GamerJh_DezCrys23TheJalliDrZolaLeNoirFaineantBKSwisherSweetJadedzuffyShaggyMCropDusterSpielernamegohard123DragonMCOCfrodo2377Total_Domin01Hammerbro_64WerewrymDe_Potato_SaladRasilover 76 votes
No I did not
15%
TillinatorDanielRandVceeCarnage313SpeedbumpMSRDLDMets17Jazz_MessengercausticBullDOSRRaichu626doctorbAlvinStraightkurogami24_coloJgthegIron_Spider7125Terry_BolleaMasaraksh1dukedevill4412 27 votes
It was ok
41%
BitterSteelLightburn22SaiyanTendersquadphillgreenMagrailothosRichTheManPwf57CassyAanthoIamTryingMyBestLiquidkoldMoosetiptronic10or_StrongScopeotoe987Cap366TheLegend27Chuck_Canuck75MysterioAleor 72 votes

Comments

• Options
    SpielernameSpielername Posts: 132
    Yes I did
    Is it correct, that as a thronebreaker, the max points are 17 or am I missing something? I thought the difference to paragon,would only be one milestone.
  • Options
    Yes I did

Is it correct, that as a thronebreaker, the max points are 17 or am I missing something? I thought the difference to paragon,would only be one milestone.

Nope, you're correct
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Yes I did
    As compared with SOP, EOP is less painful and their objectives are not out of touch, also the roster restriction relax a lot vs SOP. Definitely my roster grow as well during that period but in overall I’d like to thanks Kabam team for this EOP design.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Yes I did
    Enjoy it more then SOP, SOP turned into fighting the grandmaster a billion times 😂. Which I enjoy that fight but it was overkill imo. This x4 feels about right, although the 3 weeks for the last weeks is too long.
  • Options
    baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    Yes I did

I think the Ikaris fight was slightly over-tuned. Way too many limitations on what you could and couldn't do. No light attacks. No stuns. No blocks, because the opponent stacks up his (permanent) Energise buffs. No intercepts if your champion inflicts any kind of debuff on basic attacks, as Ikaris goes Unstoppable/Unblockable.

Ikaris was just unpleasant, particularly when objectives meant you usually needed to do it without a Mystic champion. The others were okay.

You know, I hated that Ikaris fight myself. The rest I enjoyed, but your right on that one being too restrictive.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    It was ok
    Better than SOP. But AI of CB was something elss
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Yes I did
    I did but not pleased with losing out on points as Throne breaker ugh
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    Yes I did
    Yeah, I really enjoyed it. I think some of the fights could have been designed slightly differently since it was annoying to have to restart due to the AI being uncooperative - *cough* Crossbones just standing in the corner, blocking, for an ETERNITY OF BAIN PAIN *cough* - but overall it was a lot of fun.

I also really enjoyed the last week's objectives. It was fun to be able to bring in more optimal counters to the various fights after previously having been so restricted by prior weeks' objectives. You still had to have a clear strategy with champions that could counter more than one defender, but I think that gave it a whole new level (or at least a very different kind) of strategizing.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    I’d say somewhere between I liked it and it was ok.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yes I did
    I didnt like it the same way I liked the first one but that probably comes down to how the individual fight works, not kabams approach necessarily. Me likey and want more
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    It was ok
    The fights themselves were fun and challenging, I just didn't like the distribution of the rewards between TB and Paragon... along with the long wait we're gonna have to even get them lol
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Yes I did

I’ll premise this with the fact that my point of view is almost certainly biased by my lack of interest in the game at the moment.

I don’t know if I don’t like it as much this time because it’s a rehash of SoP, if it’s the AI, if the fights are worse, if the rewards and/or final week is meh, or if my interest in the game is low anyway - it just doesn’t hit like SoP

SoP was new and exciting, EoP doesn’t really feel the same, and less fights isn’t as interesting. Less rewards over a similar timeline clearly has less hype. The AI does suck.

I didn’t hate it, I just felt a little indifferent. I didn’t feel the same hype for each next week and then rewards as I did for SoP.

Maybe there is an extra week or something that’ll get us excited but as of now, I can’t help but feel indifferent.

As I said, my lack of interest in some of the game at the moment will play a part in why I feel this way, but it doesn’t explain everything. This isn’t a “EoP sucks” post, it’s a “I don’t feel the hype this time” post.

There’s a lot of this that is consistent with my own feelings. I rated it as a “like” because it was achievable and felt like a mini-challenge that could be approached in a variety of ways. AI was an issue, but with one fight creating the majority of the problems (and positioned at the start of the multi-fight week path), that was ultimately manageable.

The timeline is way too long, however. Many of us finished each objective within a day or two; to now wait for three weeks is silly. Also, I’m just looking for something fun in game as I often feel like I’m going through the motions, and EoP was more fun than I expected.

What perplexes me is why things like this cannot be regular or recurring parts of the Contest. There was a thread about the Gauntlet a few weeks back; it was disappeared. I’ve asked about returning the Maze to radio silence from the team. It’s just fun to have challenges that test your skill and roster, even if they aren’t perfect.

Dr. Zola