**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Again!!!

Kabam I know it’s not just me who thinks these storage eaters are stupid. If u keep making us watch as the game takes up storage I’m gonna be forced to delete the game, and I really don’t want to,so I’m not gonna log in until this stops for good and I get a response from an administrator telling me they’ll do something about it.

Comments

• Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    That’s how updates work now, it downloads less from the AppStore/playstore and does the rest through the game itself. If it’s downloading more than once you need to check your phone isn’t automatically cleaning the app and wiping the update. Otherwise you’ll have to keep downloading it again.
  • Options
    Kabam I know it’s not just me who thinks these storage eaters are stupid. If u keep making us watch as the game takes up storage I’m gonna be forced to delete the game, and I really don’t want to,so I’m not gonna log in until this stops for good and I get a response from an administrator telling me they’ll do something about it.

Are you concerned about the game taking up space, or making you watch while it takes up space? Because it takes the same amount of space either way. Calling it a "storage eater" makes me think you believe the game is taking up more space than it needs to which is not true. If it is just that you don't like watching it do that, well, unfortunately while it can be a little annoying that feature is unlikely to be going away. Incremental dynamic content loading is basically the rule in MMOs these days, and it is spreading into the mobile space rapidly. You won't be able to make it go away by threatening to hold your breath until someone changes their mind. You are trying to hold back the tide with a bucket and a plastic shovel.
  • Options
    TheGamingLifeTheGamingLife Posts: 25
    edited November 2017
    I guess that the best place to start is to mention that the game is currently only about 1 and a half GBs in total. To put that into perspective, that is roughly 40 times smaller than a game like GTA V on a PC or console. Most modern smart phones have a storage of 32GB to 128GB. I am aware that there are plenty of phones which go above and below that range, but I am stating what the majority will have.
    Moving onto your complaint about the storage the game takes up, and the in-app download you must complete after you update from the app store. The 500MB in-app update may have been a fairly large one for a phone application, but you are forgetting that all of that data is there to improve the game and to add new content for players to participate in and complete. Furthermore, you seem to forget that with each update, they remove a lot of data from the old update. So while you were downloading that 500MB you were so frustrated about, the game was also removing the old data from the app.
    Considering Kabam has been bringing out regular, large updates for nearly 3 years now, the game size is actually reasonable compared to some newer games, which are even larger and have only recently been brought out. The problem is not Kabam and mcoc's updates, but perhaps your phone storage? Most phone storages are filled by photos or saved videos, so maybe try backing up your photos and videos to your computer and then deleting them from your phone.
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Aren't we living in the cloud storage times....
  • Options
    I don’t have iCloud
  • Options
    Although what u guys are saying is agreeable every time I get on it says that even when I decide to just wait it out and let it do it’s thing and then I log off and try to log back on it tries to do it again and I play on my iPhone but when it’s dead I usually use my iPod Touch and that thing only has 16GBS and it’s not like I can get unlimited GBS because I’m just 13.
  • Options
    That’s how updates work now, it downloads less from the AppStore/playstore and does the rest through the game itself. If it’s downloading more than once you need to check your phone isn’t automatically cleaning the app and wiping the update. Otherwise you’ll have to keep downloading it again.

How??????????????????