**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I the only Paragon...

The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★
Am I the only Paragon watching these July 4th prediction videos thinking, "If this is right, Kabam's about to save me a lotta money."

Comments

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

Am I the only Paragon watching these July 4th prediction videos thinking, "If this is right, Kabam's about to save me a lotta money."

Imagine being a Thronebreaker how much money these 4th July offers would save you 😂
  • Options

The_Chump said:

I know Kabam is saving me money coz Thronebreakers getting shafted like Cavalier players used to.
    Right right
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    at most i'm only gonna grab one offer ... i don't have enough units anymore ... used them all pretty much on the double 7.4 thing ... i'm not making ANY plans to do more than one thing if at all. there's nothing about being Paragon that is worth it beyond the daily crystal at the moment.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    thepiggy said:

Pikolu said:

The biggest issue in the game is pretty much nothing entices me anymore. Rank up stuff, while appreciated, isn't super helpful anymore. Only reason to rank up champions anymore is for AW, BGs, and EoP. Even then, I already have ranked up those I use.

I also have pretty much every champ I want except for kitty pryde now, so nexus crystals are severely disappointing now.

It is really hard for game developers to keep the top 1% of the game fully engaged with content.

7*s...

We never wanted them but it's obvious what's causing boredom. 6* crystals are like opening sports cards except most end gamers have everyone. It's boring at this point and a higher rarity will fix that.
    7*s do not fix the problem. Act 8 is easy as heck to do, so r3 6*s are more than enough to do all the content in the game.

All having a higher rarity will do is get the whales who want the absolute strongest champs in the game to drop big money into getting them. However, following kabams pattern, we won't see any 7*s (if they come at all) until 8.4 drops since then ftp players would be able to r5 a 6*.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

thepiggy said:

Pikolu said:

The biggest issue in the game is pretty much nothing entices me anymore. Rank up stuff, while appreciated, isn't super helpful anymore. Only reason to rank up champions anymore is for AW, BGs, and EoP. Even then, I already have ranked up those I use.

I also have pretty much every champ I want except for kitty pryde now, so nexus crystals are severely disappointing now.

It is really hard for game developers to keep the top 1% of the game fully engaged with content.

7*s...

We never wanted them but it's obvious what's causing boredom. 6* crystals are like opening sports cards except most end gamers have everyone. It's boring at this point and a higher rarity will fix that.
    7*s do not fix the problem. Act 8 is easy as heck to do, so r3 6*s are more than enough to do all the content in the game.

All having a higher rarity will do is get the whales who want the absolute strongest champs in the game to drop big money into getting them. However, following kabams pattern, we won't see any 7*s (if they come at all) until 8.4 drops since then ftp players would be able to r5 a 6*.
    You won't be able to r5 a 6* before 7*s drop.
    As history have shown, that will happen simultaneously.
    And according to the current speed of unlocking ranks, 6*s r5 unlock and probably 7*s release seems to be first half of 2023, if not sooner.
    In my opinion, adding more ranks to 5*s (rank 6) and 6*s (rank 6 and rank 7), could delay 7*s for 2-3 years more and would make more sense, as any other rarity up to 4*s have one rank above their rarity number.
    If something like that won't happen, then inevitably 7*s very soon will happen.

• Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    Well this year i am not gonna spend (paragon player btw)... If anyone play switch there is great sale going on btw on Nintendo store...!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

So what more do you expect Paragon players to get, a 5->6 6* generic?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I’ll wait to see the offers to decide.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I haven't watched any prediction videos nor will I, but I will say the offers have to be REALLY good for me to consider spending. In my opinion, the game is in a really poor state at the moment (input issues + ridiculous amount of connection/lag issues) so the deals need to be over-the-top for me to justify money. And I want Paragon deals to be significantly different/better than TB rather than just a quantity increase in everything...like I said, with the current state of the game, I personally feel the offers have to be next level sh** if they want to push me to spend 🤷🏻‍♂️

5* shards, 5* anything (AG or sig stones), cavalier nexus crystals, mythic shards, T1A, and T4BC are all garbage (at least for me and my account). If I see those anywhere in the deals ($ or units), then Kabam seriously does not understand their own progression levels IMO and I'm passing on everything.

As a side note, I really hate the addition of cavalier nexus crystals into the game. Kabam loves throwing those around everywhere recently as if those crystals are worth it...they're not lol

I’m not sure how that’s possible, unless there are some super geniuses in marketing. I mean, TB and paragon are both chiefly interested in rank 4 resources, and there are still a lot more TB then paragon?

Also, if they put in virtually the same offers in TB and paragon, but it’s still everything that you wanted and needed, how would that affect your decision to buy? why would that affect your decision to buy?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

Actually I think the "predicted" offers are asking for too much. I guess I'll just expect less

Interesting. Which deals would you personally buy? There were some decent deals but nothing that I'd be really excited for.
    Which deals really got you excited to spend $5-600?
    I can't physically spend money on the game, so money deals are not an option.

I was refering to the unit deals more specifically
  • Options

The_Chump said:

Actually I think the "predicted" offers are asking for too much. I guess I'll just expect less

Interesting. Which deals would you personally buy? There were some decent deals but nothing that I'd be really excited for.
    Which deals really got you excited to spend $5-600?
    I can't physically spend money on the game, so money deals are not an option.

I was refering to the unit deals more specifically
    Got you. I only got about 3k units, so the one doesnt really go without the other for me.

Unit deals, imo, are usually worth it regardless, because what else are you gonna do with in game currency, and regardless of how good the deals are, in relationship to one's account, they are most likely the best deals that'll be offered, aside from Cyber weekend.

My real world currency, however, can be used everywhere, so Kabam has to compete for it. If the deals aren't "spicy" then maybe I'll just pick up a PS5 instead or go on a nice, short, vacay etc. Im sure you get the point.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

Pikolu said:

thepiggy said:

Pikolu said:

7*s...

Agreed, there's content problems for end gamers but what's the point of opening packs of cards if players already have everyone? There's nothing to sell right now except prestige and while that makes money, it won't carry the game like a new rarity would.

Also whales can't go ham on 7*s yet because:

1. The wait from launch to 6*s in cavs was 15 months and it will be similar for 7*s.

2. 7*s won't be relevant until they hit r3s because

a) Hard to get. Drop rates will still be low...300k units for a 7* feature.

b) 7*s at r2 will suffer from the same combat power rate problems, sig stone availability, and higher catalyst costs that r2 6*s had, making them unappealing until we hit r3s.

It's a hunting game, if players already have everything they will get bored and stop playing, so for the health of the game they have to release the next rarity or some version of it soon.
    Not really. That's what that survey recently was about. Basically talking about ways of increasing the power of champs you already have without doing a whole roster reset. That's way more appealing to me and most of the people I know and have spoken to personally.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

I haven't watched any prediction videos nor will I, but I will say the offers have to be REALLY good for me to consider spending. In my opinion, the game is in a really poor state at the moment (input issues + ridiculous amount of connection/lag issues) so the deals need to be over-the-top for me to justify money. And I want Paragon deals to be significantly different/better than TB rather than just a quantity increase in everything...like I said, with the current state of the game, I personally feel the offers have to be next level sh** if they want to push me to spend 🤷🏻‍♂️

5* shards, 5* anything (AG or sig stones), cavalier nexus crystals, mythic shards, T1A, and T4BC are all garbage (at least for me and my account). If I see those anywhere in the deals ($ or units), then Kabam seriously does not understand their own progression levels IMO and I'm passing on everything.

As a side note, I really hate the addition of cavalier nexus crystals into the game. Kabam loves throwing those around everywhere recently as if those crystals are worth it...they're not lol

I’m not sure how that’s possible, unless there are some super geniuses in marketing. I mean, TB and paragon are both chiefly interested in rank 4 resources, and there are still a lot more TB then paragon?

Also, if they put in virtually the same offers in TB and paragon, but it’s still everything that you wanted and needed, how would that affect your decision to buy? why would that affect your decision to buy?
    Paragon here. Might be in the minority, but I'm definitely not chiefly interested in r4 mats. TB should be interested, as it is whats keeping them from progressing to Paragon, but Paragons are already at the top and so we don't NEED r4s and know we will get them in decent amounts over time anyway. With that in mind, r4s do little, outside of prestige, imo, and are currently overpriced.
  • Options

thepiggy said:

Pikolu said:

thepiggy said:

Pikolu said:

7*s...

Agreed, there's content problems for end gamers but what's the point of opening packs of cards if players already have everyone? There's nothing to sell right now except prestige and while that makes money, it won't carry the game like a new rarity would.

Also whales can't go ham on 7*s yet because:

1. The wait from launch to 6*s in cavs was 15 months and it will be similar for 7*s.

2. 7*s won't be relevant until they hit r3s because

a) Hard to get. Drop rates will still be low...300k units for a 7* feature.

b) 7*s at r2 will suffer from the same combat power rate problems, sig stone availability, and higher catalyst costs that r2 6*s had, making them unappealing until we hit r3s.

It's a hunting game, if players already have everything they will get bored and stop playing, so for the health of the game they have to release the next rarity or some version of it soon.
    Not really. That's what that survey recently was about. Basically talking about ways of increasing the power of champs you already have without doing a whole roster reset. That's way more appealing to me and most of the people I know and have spoken to personally.
    Adding more ranks to 5*s and 6*s, would increase the power of champs we already have, without doing a whole roster reset.
    This is the best thing Kabam can do to postpone 7*s.
    Else 7*s will be inevitably released very soon, probably in 2023.

• Options
    DeemonbalaDeemonbala Posts: 31
    QuikPik said:

I can't see them shafting TB players with a big disparity in offers. There aren't that many paragon players yet.

Yep true im also believing this because if kabam wants to make more money they should focus on thronebreaker because there is not much paragon players i guess so if u want more money go for thronebreaker or less go for paragon offers
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Let's be real. This will be the first opportunity they have to offer a difference in deals. I don't think it will be a vast difference, any more than Cav vs. TB. However, there will be more offered for Paragon. I think that much is a safe bet.