Gorr the God Butcher First Look

DRTODRTO Posts: 1,641 ★★★★★

So looks like they went with an MCU look for Gorr instead of his comic look. Still looks cool but the comic version does look a lot better imo. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,290 ★★★★★
    I can get used to that look.. not too bad...
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Is that a new arena or am I imagining things?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,370 ★★★★★
    Bale's answer for his look:

"I was coming off of a film where it had been necessary to be sort of rather lacking in muscle," Bale explained. "And then I saw the images and thought, 'Well, that's not gonna be possible... and this g-string thing that's going on there.' He looked in the comic books like physically, you know, someone to reckon with though. And I said, 'Well, you know, that's just not gonna be possible in the state I'm in. And we literally have three days between me finishing one film and heading over to Australia for the quarantine and whatnot. I like to usually have much more time in between, but the pandemic meant that things got worked out that way."

(https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/thor-4-christian-bale-gorr-mcu-comic-changes-explained-costume/)
  • jbxotiicjbxotiic Posts: 145
    ItsDamien said:

Is that a new arena or am I imagining things?

yeah its not a new arena, its already in game
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

DRTO said:

Haven’t read the comics of him, could you send a picture of that?

Looks a bit like Davy Jones offspring from pirates of Caribbean 😂
    It's funny how a lot of the hardcore comic fans want a more accurate version of Gorr and yet every casual who saw this picture either remark that it was Davy Jones or Voldemort. Kind of goes to show that both causal and serious fandoms can be fickle.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022

Mackey said:

DRTO said:

It's funny how a lot of the hardcore comic fans want a more accurate version of Gorr and yet every casual who saw this picture either remark that it was Davy Jones or Voldemort. Kind of goes to show that both causal and serious fandoms can be fickle.
    Yeah people sure do their panties twisted about these things 🤦‍♂️ I knew what the comic portrayal looked like but still thought I'd share the similarities 🤣 I personally don't care if they're comic accurate or movie accurate so long as they are useful in the game 🤷‍♂️

EDIT - I'm rather disappointed I didn't note the similarity between Voldemort though 😒
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,226 ★★★★★
    Looks ok ... not overly hyped for either but we'll see.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    You guys mean Volde-Maw, right…?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,466 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    I like him. At least what I've seen so far.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 942 ★★★
    Honestly, I prefer the MCU film look/Contest of Champions design.
    The comic version just looks like Ebony Maw has been hitting the weights.
  • heirDEZheirDEZ Posts: 138 ★★
    edited June 2022
    It’s Always the same.. nothings changed.

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

DRTO said:

Yeah people sure do their panties twisted about these things 🤦‍♂️ I knew what the comic portrayal looked like but still thought I'd share the similarities 🤣 I personally don't care if they're comic accurate or movie accurate so long as they are useful in the game 🤷‍♂️

EDIT - I'm rather disappointed I didn't note the similarity between Voldemort though 😒
    From what it's worth I've been hearing good things about Christian Bale's performance so even though visually he may not be the ideal version to some hardcore fans, he's still going to knock it out of the park.

And yes, you should be disappointed that you didn't see that similarity 😜🤣
  • ElMelloiElMelloi Posts: 101
    i would've preferred the comics look but this is fine too