**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is the cosmic eq node not working half the time?

Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
edited July 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
The parry is not draining power about half the time. The parry is working, champs are stunning but the power drain isn’t happening, across multiple champs in this months eq, I’m guessing g it’s something stupid like aar interaction but let me just post what the node actually says; it’s a bit ridiculous if aar keeps negatively affecting our gameplay all the time

Comments

• spiderbites0196spiderbites0196 Posts: 37
    edited July 2022
    If you have the pacify mastery then it reduces AA by 30% (if maxed) when you stun them, so every time you parry and stun, there is a 70% chance to power drain and then a 70% chance to receive the fury. That’s why if you parry special attacks, you should see the node working every time since there would be no AAR
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Why does it never work for iwim? I still think it’s illogical that two things designed to assist you (aar and the eq nodes, should interact negatively and stop helping you as much when combined.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,361 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Why does it never work for iwim? I still think it’s illogical that two things designed to assist you (aar and the eq nodes, should interact negatively and stop helping you as much when combined.

Yeh. Its a triumph of mechanics over game design!
    Does iwim have massive aar? Cos I can’t Proc a power drain out of him via parry for the life of me, let me also refer the the description, in every definition I’ve ever known, “each time” means each time, not some of the time if your lucky
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Does iwim have massive aar? Cos I can’t Proc a power drain out of him via parry for the life of me, let me also refer the the description, in every definition I’ve ever known, “each time” means each time, not some of the time if your lucky

his armor ups are passive effects, not buffs, which means they don't count for the node. every other champ on your team does have armor up buffs, so they will work for the node
    edited July 2022
    The node says if I parry I get a power drain. this makes zero sense to me from a design point of view. An armour up logo means armour up I understand the passive thing but this is becoming g a joke, how do you expect new players to understand these vague rules when they start the game, they really need to start simplifying this stuff. Now I just fought with domino against modok on the mutant node…165 hits, 17 bleed procs, all of them dropped off early… not one fury, it shouldn’t take 165 hits with an r3 domino to kill one of the champs on the lane, this aar interaction is becoming a joke, I dont believe it’s achieving the design that’s being expressed by the node write up. I feel this belongs In the bug category, just adding to the frustrations of having a game that doesn’t require 6 years of inside knowledge and interpretation to understand what each node means for each champion in Each fight
  • GarloGarlo Posts: 200 ★★
    The node says: tech attackers under the effect of an armor up BUFF will power drain. For me, it is clear enough.
  • MattDRKMattDRK Posts: 171
    Speeds80 said:

The parry is not draining power about half the time. The parry is working, champs are stunning but the power drain isn’t happening, across multiple champs in this months eq, I’m guessing g it’s something stupid like aar interaction but let me just post what the node actually says; it’s a bit ridiculous if aar keeps negatively affecting our gameplay all the time

Pacify mastery is a weird thing, sometimes it is good but in most fights is a problem.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

IMIW buffs are passive and don’t count towards the node. They don’t get nullified too.

Anyway IMIW is one of the best for that node. Throw an sp1, get a shock on the defender, MLLLL. M + 2nd L + 4th L all power drain.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

The node says if I parry I get a power drain. this makes zero sense to me from a design point of view. An armour up logo means armour up I understand the passive thing but this is becoming g a joke, how do you expect new players to understand these vague rules when they start the game, they really need to start simplifying this stuff. Now I just fought with domino against modok on the mutant node…165 hits, 17 bleed procs, all of them dropped off early… not one fury, it shouldn’t take 165 hits with an r3 domino to kill one of the champs on the lane, this aar interaction is becoming a joke, I dont believe it’s achieving the design that’s being expressed by the node write up. I feel this belongs In the bug category, just adding to the frustrations of having a game that doesn’t require 6 years of inside knowledge and interpretation to understand what each node means for each champion in Each fight

It doesn’t require 6 years. Just experience from exploring earlier content like A5/6 that many new players tend to skip cause the rewards are not “juicy” enough for them.
    To be clear I’m not complaining about difficulty, and I’ve done nearly everything in the game in 6 years just didnt have iwim for much of that or use him very much, it’s not like I needed revives and didn’t try an l1 and see the furies rack up. But if someone like me is wondering half the time why nodes aren’t working I worry for the people starting this game, the explanations make it sound simple but then aar and passive buffs that still display the same as normal buffs, or that champs with high aar like domino won’t get one fury on herself in 165 hits, then maybe the nodes (which are designed to help us,) aar design interaction needs a polish up.