**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A Possible Alternative to Battlegrounds Champion Recharge

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
If you’ve read the new battlegrounds update notes (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/307048/battlegrounds-july-beta-change-log#latest) they mention they will be revisiting them based upon the feedback.

My idea was that the cooldown wouldn’t be time based, but match based. Once a champion hits the three match limit, they wouldn’t be able to be used again until the player has played a certain amount of matches. (I was thinking three) This still forces the user to have to swap champions out and not just use the same six champs, but doesn’t come with the overtly long timer or unit refresh cost.

Thoughts?

Comments

• MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    But what happens if your roster is limited and after say 6 rounds you're only left with r3 5*s .. you'd then never be able to use your top champs unless you played 3 matches at a severe disadvantage or you have to pony up the cost of refreshing instantly

**Edit .. this could work if they had the timer aspect as a back up, so play 3 round with other champs or wait 9 hours (for arguments sake) 🤷‍♂️
    Clearly I'm looking at Cavalier and Uncollected players in this scenario ... I don't imagine TB or Paragon ever having that issue
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    The refresh timer didn't really get in my way last beta, but I like your idea a lot.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    It’s certainly an interesting idea. Would you still allow for unit recharges or would the only way to get a champ back be to play a few without them?

If there’s no unit recharge, then I’m more inclined to support this kind of idea. I didn’t like the previous system because it forced you to either pay, wait a *very* long time, or play with a suboptimal deck, most likely against somebody with their top options available. If you remove both the pay and the wait options, you are still left with a handicap, but it’s one that impacts everybody equally. Not sure if it’s a good idea or not, but it’s conceptually interesting.

If you can just pay units to bypass it, though, that’s lame and arguably worse than the previous system.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

It’s certainly an interesting idea. Would you still allow for unit recharges or would the only way to get a champ back be to play a few without them?

If there’s no unit recharge, then I’m more inclined to support this kind of idea. I didn’t like the previous system because it forced you to either pay, wait a *very* long time, or play with a suboptimal deck, most likely against somebody with their top options available. If you remove both the pay and the wait options, you are still left with a handicap, but it’s one that impacts everybody equally. Not sure if it’s a good idea or not, but it’s conceptually interesting.

If you can just pay units to bypass it, though, that’s lame and arguably worse than the previous system.

i wouldn’t see any point to having a unit refresh. It’s three matches, your roster should hopefully be able to cover it
    Won't work for smaller rosters