**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

EQ 3.1

MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,495 ★★★★★
Who decides what defenders go in these quests? Without fail there’s always a havok in the mystic quest, a class that’s well known for energy attacks and not having easy access to armor. And there’s also a nimrod, a champion who easily punishes prowess, which is the whole point of the nodes. It’s not the most difficult stuff to get around but for less developed rosters it could prove to be tricky.

Comments

• Pdexter86Pdexter86 Posts: 81
    That same path with Havok has someone afterwards who punished mystics too. Even though the whole quest is supposed to benefit them
  • Crine60 said:

Maratox said:

Badass84 said:

Maratox said:

Who decides what defenders go in these quests? Without fail there’s always a havok in the mystic quest, a class that’s well known for energy attacks and not having easy access to armor. And there’s also a nimrod, a champion who easily punishes prowess, which is the whole point of the nodes. It’s not the most difficult stuff to get around but for less developed rosters it could prove to be tricky.

So mystics are great in this chapter, yes.
    Is it only possible with mystics? No.
    Just use Guardian, Angela, Ultron, Warlock or what ever for this one fight and it's ok...
    It’s possible with any champ but if Kabam puts in defenders that counter the nodes and champs, then people won’t use the nodes and it’s like Kabam dreamed up these nodes for no reason. I like the nodes and want to be able to play with them but it’s difficult when they put bleed immune champs in the mercenary quest and havoks and nimrods in the mystic quest.
    I believe a similar point was raised last month and a mod admitted they overlooked specific enemy choices/placement.
    Last month was more wild though, but similar
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    You would almost think it was smart design.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,360 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

If only Havok had a mechanic that when power drained… his charges would be reduced to zero…. Or if any mystics had I dunno… a synergy with some kind of ability to give them an armour buff… or gained some form of armour buff from time to time…

But that would be ridiculous. Havok OP, plz nerf.

Well spill it.
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 407 ★★★

just use a armor up champ if you dont feel comfortable. one long fight shouldnt be too much of a headache

At what point you would consider it a headache,because someone in future finds 2 of the similar problem champs in quest and someone will eventually say it's only 2 fights and so on
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Shivacrux said:

just use a armor up champ if you dont feel comfortable. one long fight shouldnt be too much of a headache

At what point you would consider it a headache,because someone in future finds 2 of the similar problem champs in quest and someone will eventually say it's only 2 fights and so on
    There are going to be problem Champs along the way. That's why we have 5 to bring into a Quest. The idea is to prepare for as much as possible.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 352 ★★★
    edited July 2022

ItsDamien said:

If only Havok had a mechanic that when power drained… his charges would be reduced to zero…. Or if any mystics had I dunno… a synergy with some kind of ability to give them an armour buff… or gained some form of armour buff from time to time…

But that would be ridiculous. Havok OP, plz nerf.

Well spill it.
    i have known that voodoo can just power drain and manage him.
    i personally realized a bit late havok was there but i had rogue on team and killed him with rogue.
    not before trying with bwcv and dying with her tried to get to sp2 poison mode and power drain but as soon as i had clicked the special button i died
    Voodoo doesn't have power drain. He has power burn which doesn't/shouldn't work against Havok's plasma charges unless power leech counts as power drain?
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 352 ★★★
    Maratox said:

Magik, OG Wanda, Dormammu and Ghost Rider can power drain their opponents. Power drain prevents Havok's plasma charges from building up. If you don't have either of those champs, using an armor up champ is your best option.

But yes, you do make a good point. There's no point in adding defenders in a quest that's supposed to benefit mystics when only 4 mystics can fully counter them. There's also only one champ that most people will be willing to rank up or have ranked up - Magik. Maybe scarlet witch too
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 794 ★★★
    Even thought it poor design, i manage to get by him by using voodoo, also i saw all my friends already done 100% all the eq, so try to get by it
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    I many a times don't bring particular class to boost attack for cav eq. I have a 5 member team that can counter almost everything and I use it everywhere.
  • TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 246 ★★★
    I used Nimrod and didn't realize any big deal there. It's a mystic featured quest but you should also bring counters for boss and unexpected foes on some lanes too.
  • OldManSkreddyOldManSkreddy Posts: 51
    Shivacrux said:

That there may be two challenging fights on one lane? There are tons of mystic champs that don’t do energy damage, tons of armor up champs, seriously chill out.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    I thought they did a much better job this month -- nodes were simpler and almost all defenders made sense, but the Havok bothered me. I thought I was missing the right mystic to counter, but couldn't come up with it.

I had two Colossus on my team to handle Valkyrie, so it worked out fine but it seemed like a repeat of last month's mistake.