**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cav EQ nodes and bosses.

NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
Why aren’t the chapters designed better? Like if it’s the mystic chapter, a mystic should be the best option for the boss. Etc. it’s really not hard. But y’all act like it’s rocket science.

Get it together.

Comments

• CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 791 ★★★
    No
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★

Why aren’t the chapters designed better? Like if it’s the mystic chapter, a mystic should be the best option for the boss. Etc. it’s really not hard. But y’all act like it’s rocket science.

Get it together.

Does it matter? It's ridiculously easy anyways, Arcangel soloes Valkyrie
  • Ceder said:

Get it together.

Does it matter? It's ridiculously easy anyways, Arcangel soloes Valkyrie
    I used mojo
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★

Get it together.

I think this will be hard to implement. Taking your example, each mystic champ has different abilities, so who would you make as the boss so that any mystic champ can counter the boss?

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★

Get it together.

I think this will be hard to implement. Taking your example, each mystic champ has different abilities, so who would you make as the boss so that any mystic champ can counter the boss?

Agree. Took me a while to realise a few Mystic champs have no nullify abilities. :(
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    “Like if it’s the mystic chapter, a mystic should be the best option for the boss.”

I don’t think it is necessary, in fact, most of the time the boss in Cav EQ are not favourable for the specific class advantage Act. That’s why sometimes you can’t bring in full team from the same class, not to mention those Cav EQ adding TAGatical advantages.

I like this month’s Cav EQ given new exploration milestone reward; sizeable star ore shards; and take out those TAGactical advantages restrictions.

• HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Havok in the mystic chapter was the only substandard choice of defender that I recall. Other than that, this is one of the most straightforward EQs for a while. Especially considering the buffed rewarss. Hela with Haunted killed me a couple of times, but I didn't spend any potions for the entire quest.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,358 ★★★★★
    Manthing in the skill chapter not great either.
    And what's up with that Hela AI? That fight is super bizare.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    It's fine as is. You don't need more than 3-4 attackers at most to do a path in any chapter.

Carry an attack team then 1-2 champs for the boss.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I’m not complaining about the difficulty or rewards. I feel like the design is at best lazy and at worst, designed specifically to drag items from people that don’t plan out every path. I also completed it itemless this month using almost only r5 5*. Wasn’t hard.

But just because something isn’t a problem, doesn’t mean it can’t be better.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    you are precisely complaining about difficulty, and in this situation the only real response is, get good.
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    i have no issues with the difficulty i just question some of the defender placements....last month was the worst in terms of defender placements complete units sink in most cases....this time too the havok in mystic chapter....the manthing and silver centurian in skill chapter was ill thought of...just what i feel..
    Malreck04 said:

you are precisely complaining about difficulty, and in this situation the only real response is, get good.

No. That’s why I used different words. I meant something else.

Again. It’s not hard. It’s poorly designed.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

And why exactly is it “poorly designed”? Because I don’t think that’s the case at all.
    edited July 2022
    ItsDamien said:

Malreck04 said:

And why exactly is it “poorly designed”? Because I don’t think that’s the case at all.
    Because the paths and bosses aren’t correlated. Pretty simple.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Malreck04 said:

That doesn’t mean it’s poorly designed at all. Come on, give me a real reason.
    Are you actually serious? Or you one of those forums goblins? If you don’t understand how that’s poor design, there is no helping you.

Yeah,

Get it together.

It's been this way a long time. I usually bring four champs for the path and one for the boss. The paths are only six fights plus the boss.
    I get that’s it’s been this way for a while. What I’m saying is the way it’s been, is bad. Which by the way is my opinion. Not everyone is gonna agree. But I feel like it’s lazy at best and intentional at worst. And really, just unnecessary. Sorta like how the class cav nodes are removed off the boss. Always found that odd. Or dumb. Whichever you prefer.

In fact if things were more correlated. Difficulty could actually go up. And nodes reading, (everyone’s favorite) would go down.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★

Yeah,

Get it together.

It's been this way a long time. I usually bring four champs for the path and one for the boss. The paths are only six fights plus the boss.
    I get that’s it’s been this way for a while. What I’m saying is the way it’s been, is bad. Which by the way is my opinion. Not everyone is gonna agree. But I feel like it’s lazy at best and intentional at worst. And really, just unnecessary. Sorta like how the class cav nodes are removed off the boss. Always found that odd. Or dumb. Whichever you prefer.

In fact if things were more correlated. Difficulty could actually go up. And nodes reading, (everyone’s favorite) would go down.
    I think it is just a challenge they added for us. Good luck.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    It’s really not bad at all, just being 4 of the champs you need for the lines and 1 champ for the boss. Should clear it with plenty of health to spare.

I ran 2 lines in the cosmic quest with just captain marvel in binary and had 4.5 champs left for the boss
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Get it together.

You have 5 champ slots. 1-2 champs can handle the paths and bring a counter to the boss. Pretty simple.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Malreck04 said:

So Kabam can never add 2 champs of the same class type ever again like they've done dozens of times in the past?

This is a YOU problem for sure. There's a lot to not like about Cav EQ but boss selection isnt one of them.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

I’m not complaining about the difficulty or rewards. I feel like the design is at best lazy and at worst, designed specifically to drag items from people that don’t plan out every path. I also completed it itemless this month using almost only r5 5*. Wasn’t hard.

But just because something isn’t a problem, doesn’t mean it can’t be better.

“Drag items from people”. Quit out and bring a counter for that fight if you went in blind.
    No one is making anyone do anything dude. There’s a whole month to do the event.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    The only thing that bugs me the more and more I play this game is that we can only bring 5 champs at once. Not because for content like this I need more champs, but just because with so many champs ranked up and more and more being added as the weeks, months, and years go by, I just wish we could bring in more champs for synergies and/or fun. I hate leaving so many champs on the bench.