**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

EoP Overseer brings back the passive AI

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
Once again there’s a power gain node and he holds block. This time instead of me degening to death he just waits till he gets his SP3. Also his auto block is one of the most annoying things in the game since he’s stun immune with it

Comments

• Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 408 ★★★

Once again there’s a power gain node and he holds block. This time instead of me degening to death he just waits till he gets his SP3. Also his auto block is one of the most annoying things in the game since he’s stun immune with it

and somehow he is autoblocking specials when he should not
  • Options

Question though ... his ability screen states specifically that he auto blocks BASIC attacks twice in a row .. any idea why Special Attacks count as a Basic attack?

I didn’t even know it was just basics. That is very interesting
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

https://youtu.be/fbEo_KmkbJo
    Made a gag video about it

wait, did Retaliation really just deal 17k damage
  • Options

Did 27k another time
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Why is there something always peculiar about the AI for EOP
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022

Did 27k another time
    Retaliation has two parts. One scales, the other doesn't.

The Retaliation damage when your opponent's ability gains because of AAR or Overseer's Immunity doesn't scale. That's the 1600 damage you take mid-Special, when your abilities fail due to Special Concussion.

The Retaliation damage he inflicts for punishing the Opponent's Heavy/Special attacks does scale with nodes and boosts; plus with his Gamma Power and Fury buffs.

The highest I've seen him hit me for is just over 28,000 damage.

That's why it's such a problem that he was bugged and Autoblocking Special Attacks (which he's not supposed to do) - if he blocks your Special, he gets a free opening to hit you for Retaliation damage.

It should be fixed now, though: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/309074/why-overseer-triggers-autoblock-against-special-attacks#latest

Damage-wise, Overseer really can dish it out pretty effectively! 😉
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

Question though ... his ability screen states specifically that he auto blocks BASIC attacks twice in a row .. any idea why Special Attacks count as a Basic attack?

if you have limber mastery maxed, the auto block stun on this overseer is almost instant to the point where you can parry him once you shrug it off lol use his own ability against him
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

if you have limber mastery maxed, the auto block stun on this overseer is almost instant to the point where you can parry him once you shrug it off lol use his own ability against him
    And then proceed to take burst damage due to his nullify immunity
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    solopolo said:

idk how but i used stealthy and did my method used maybe 2 revives due to power gain outplaying me but never due to dmg taken from burst.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★

solopolo said:

idk how but i used stealthy and did my method used maybe 2 revives due to power gain outplaying me but never due to dmg taken from burst.
    You only take the damage when Overseer has a buff to Nullify. And it's only his base 1600-ish damage, so it's easy to miss it.