**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Suggestion dealing with ouches

LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
I didn’t want to use the word “suicide” in the title in case it’s a triggering word. If you opened this and are still triggered, my bad

I unlocked suicides fully about a year ago after 3 years without. So far, the only content benefit that I’ve seen is in arenas, as well as a couple champs that either benefit directly or heal from them. (My big ones are knull, kitty, omega red, omega sentinel) otherwise, it’s too costly having to switch back and forth. Especially in this EOP round, I fume when I see this b*st*rd going into a fight:

I know masteries 2.0 are “around the corner,” but please make it so that content doesn’t punish the use of a mastery that I want to use elsewhere.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Also, whoever decided to call these masteries "suicides" needs a dictionary. The goal is not to kill yourself but to get massive additional attack. I'm not "triggered" by this. It's just a dumb name.

I only use them in AW and AQ, and sometimes in story content. Sixty units to switch out. Not a huge deal.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Also, whoever decided to call these masteries "suicides" needs a dictionary. The goal is not to kill yourself but to get massive additional attack. I'm not "triggered" by this. It's just a dumb name.

I only use them in AW and AQ, and sometimes in story content. Sixty units to switch out. Not a huge deal.

60 units is a lot if you are switching them on and off between wars and AQ cycles to adjust for arena. I’m being cynical, and maybe it’s not a big deal, but I’m just going to stick to taking suicides off and not using omega red anymore lol
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Mastery 2.0 is long overdue is an understatement. I don't really care if they introduce mastery loadouts which will cost you a ton of units to freely switch between mastery setups or giving them out for free but it will cost you units for each switch rather than what we have right now where you have to tediously reset and click and wait and click and wait and click... and then reset and click and wait and click and wait and click. Damn, it's so archaic.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Someone originally referred to them as suicide masteries and the name stuck because it struck a chord in people. Otherwise the term would have vanished. And the chord it struck is that because the suicide masteries deal self damage, they should be highlighted as a mastery choice that can literally cause you to kill yourself in combat. Once upon a time that was an important thing to highlight to players who were unfamiliar with them.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Someone originally referred to them as suicide masteries and the name stuck because it struck a chord in people. Otherwise the term would have vanished. And the chord it struck is that because the suicide masteries deal self damage, they should be highlighted as a mastery choice that can literally cause you to kill yourself in combat. Once upon a time that was an important thing to highlight to players who were unfamiliar with them.
    Just like reparry term