**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

As if I needed another reason to love Negative..

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
So Valkyrie has been released in the early access bundles, and as you may know I’m kinda a fan of Mr Negative. They have what looks like an utterly crazy synergy with each other, where Negative converting energy pauses all debuffs on the opponent for 2 seconds.

My Mr Negative does 7.6k ish damage per tic after an sp2 (can be more or less), so each pause is 4 extra ticks, or 30.4K damage each time you pause.

But how does it stack up in reality? I bought the early access bundle for Valkyrie because she looks awesome and I cannot wait to try her out, and this synergy gets me hyped for Negative even more.

Anyway, here is the showcase of what this synergy does for Negative. It takes his damage from great, to holy hell that was something else.

https://youtu.be/STvwZGUs6QQ

A normal sp2 got Jugg from 83-53%, the synergy sp2 got Juggs from 86% to 0!!!

I pause 8 times, which means that synergy gave me 243,360 extra damage. On top of the already 152,100 damage of his special.

That is a total of 395,460 ish damage sp2. With the damage of the hits, negative can have a 400k+ sp2 without too much fuss. This is RoL fights in one sp2, I don’t know if I can overhype that.

I’m seriously considering saving all my shards for Valk because imagine having a Rank 4 Negative and Valkyrie together. That sounds like something pretty amazing to me. I need to test her out, but she may be the next champ that I gun for all out, last time I did that was to get Mr Negative. It’s like poetry.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Oh wow, that's insane
    I still don't have any star rating of Mr Negative - just how much am I missing out on?

some fun, skill required gameplay. He’s a joy to play with
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    That’s a serious damage boost from a synergy!

Valkyrie looks like an awesome champ too. I’ve been hoarding 6* shards for weeks for the upcoming featured. I’m unsure which to go for now, as the one after is also shaping up to be a good one
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Not even cgr can do that can he?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Valkyrie looks like an awesome champ too. I’ve been hoarding 6* shards for weeks for the upcoming featured. I’m unsure which to go for now, as the one after is also shaping up to be a good one

I know! And he’s such a good champ already, I mean, he’s already doing so much for me (and plenty of others) in war and battlegrounds which is some of the most serious content in game. This really turns his use up to 11, not to mention it’s with a champ like Valkyrie who seems really solid in her own right.

I mean, possibly the (or at least one of the) best unstoppable counter in the game (only countered by buff denial), really accessible stun immunity, decent debuff shrug for non damaging debuffs, high damage through block, high block proficiency.

Those two will make a killer duo.

I think I’m going to start hoarding for her to be honest, I’m very excited for her.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

I know! And he’s such a good champ already, I mean, he’s already doing so much for me (and plenty of others) in war and battlegrounds which is some of the most serious content in game. This really turns his use up to 11, not to mention it’s with a champ like Valkyrie who seems really solid in her own right.

I mean, possibly the (or at least one of the) best unstoppable counter in the game (only countered by buff denial), really accessible stun immunity, decent debuff shrug for non damaging debuffs, high damage through block, high block proficiency.

I think I’m going to start hoarding for her to be honest, I’m very excited for her.
    I took mine to rank 3 recently and he’s putting in some good work in BG’s for me too - your write up on him was really useful.
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

I took mine to rank 3 recently and he’s putting in some good work in BG’s for me too - your write up on him was really useful.
    I’m really glad to hear that it’s helped!

One of us, one of us
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★
    Do you have any guides on Mr Neg so I can learn mine. Thanks!
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    That’s crazy. Hopefully it’s meant to be a skill reward and not unintentional.

Do you have any guides on Mr Neg so I can learn mine. Thanks!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/268063/mr-negative-gameplay-guide#latest

Here’s my written guide, explaining the basics and how to get started.

Here is my playlist of all the Negative gameplay I’ve done in case you want to hop through there.

I also have a Mr Negative line group where we all share gameplay, talk about him, give tips etc. In my opinion, that’s the best place to learn him. Feel free to let me know if you’d like an invite (or anyone else).

Hope this helps!
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    I have a question… just saw Munash’s video on this, he was using fury evade synergy and when he evaded using the synergy the 10 light energy was converted into 20 dark energy. What is that interaction?

Also will be taking my mr negative to r4 after EOP 🤩

I have a question… just saw Munash’s video on this, he was using fury evade synergy and when he evaded using the synergy the 10 light energy was converted into 20 dark energy. What is that interaction?

Also will be taking my mr negative to r4 after EOP 🤩

It’s a currently unintended interaction that Kabam are aware of. During the CCP beta it was raised and Kabam essentially said “oh that’s cool, we didn’t know that would happen. For now we will leave it as it is, but it may get fixed in future”.

Luckily it doesn’t make or break negative, just a nice bonus with that synergy.

What’s happening is that Negative evading and converting energy applies an equal number of light energy as dark energy, normally you evade from the heavy and 10 light energy becomes 10 dark.

Here, there’s an extra evade at play through Nick fury synergy, so the game kinda just counts the light energy twice. So you get 10 dark energy from the Nick fury evade, and 10 from negative’s evade.

You can see this at an even greater amount on the Cav EQ where science champs knock opponents down and get an evade charge. If you do that with Mr Negative and the Nick fury evade synergy you count light energy 3 times, and you only need 7 light energy to get to your max of 20!

TLDR, double energy gain when you charge heavy with the synergy. It’s an unintended interaction, but one that Kabam have said they will leave it for now. It may get fixed in future.