**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Reliability Makes It Unplayable

SugarCircuitSugarCircuit Posts: 63
edited July 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
I wanted to provide feedback that in roughly 50% of battleground matchups, I have some sort of connection or crashing issue, handing me a loss, this includes:
1) Not being able to select a champ during draft and seeing the loading symbol, resulting in ridiculous matchups
2) Game crashing mid fight (usually when attacker or defender throw a special with intense graphics)
3) Finishing a fight and then seeing a black screen with a timer, resulting in either a loss or a tie.
4) I select something before the timer runs out and then kabam just decides I didnt press it in time and selects someone at random.

For reference, I've been in the top 1000 multiple times and I really want to enjoy playing BG, but I just can't given its current performance.

As it stands, I will stop trying to make it into the top 1000.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    Moving to the correct category :)
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    Yep. I get all of those issues too. Game mode is super bugged.
  • Options
    IkthulisIkthulis Posts: 122
    edited July 2022

3) Finishing a fight and then seeing a black screen with a timer, resulting in either a loss or a tie.

So I got this, restarted my game after a few seconds and then it took me back in the match. I literally had my best fight ever against Domino. Everything went my way. Perfect health, record time and this happened. When my game started again this happens…

Throws me back in the fight as if nothing happened, with only 10 seconds left… What the hell is that about!?

So, of course I lose that round. Which is stupid because, I had won for sure! The other guy finished slower than my original victory and with less health. But, instead I get a loss and forced into a third round.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★

#3 was the cause of this loss. Happened multiple times too, kabam don't seem to be bothered that we are spending energy on this mode
  • Options
    gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    What killed me yesterday - I was one win away from breaking top 2500. Split first 2 rounds. Pick my defender and attacker for round 3. 10 seconds go by and I am informed that I lost. But the game did not even show a winner for round 3. So the other guy one even though we both had only 1 win.

Then to add insult to injury, I lost the next few and gave up. I don't know if I was being punished or was so mad I just played bad.
  • Options
    DoiinkDoiink Posts: 1
    Had your #3 example happen to me more than once, won round 1 fall Into a blank screen with just the timer counting down, then when it runs out it popped up saying most lost with me having won round 1 and no other rounds played 🤔
  • Options
    SugarCircuitSugarCircuit Posts: 63
    Update, I did make it into top 1000. I stopped playing on my main phone (pixel 4a) and started playing on a device I do not generally use, OnePlus 7T. The OnePlus made it playable, though it still had issues they were not nearly as bad as they were on the pixel.
  • Options
    DarthMingoDarthMingo Posts: 47
    Tired of winning/completing a fight & then it resets me at 20-30secs FULL health. Im losing matches due to this kabam fix this!

• Options
    nelly22nelly22 Posts: 65
    I’m having the same problem with disconnecting.
  • Options
    NetjgrnautNetjgrnaut Posts: 68
    I submitted the following to support on Fri Feb 10…

In my most recent battlegrounds matchup, I won the first two rounds by knocking out my opponent. After the second round, instead of showing the victory screen, I was taken to the calculating match results. It showed a win but did not give me the additional medallion.

Then when I hit return to lobby, I was taken back into the second fight. It immediately timed out.

Then I was shown the standard game disconnected modal. When I clicked reconnect button, I was taken directly back into the second fights again (third time). Again it timed out immediately.

Then I was taken to match results & shown as a loss. The one medallion I had was then taken.

So instead of advancing to bronze II because of my win, I’ve been stripped of my progress with a false loss. Also, then entire match was not counted against the 3 match objective.

Worst battlegrounds experience ever.