**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Juggernaut

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
When’s the update coming out? I’m looking forward to be disappointed buy his rework.

Comments

• AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Update is out for IOS
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Out on android as well
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,997 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Better sp2 is the way to go

Yeah, his rotation seems to be just build to 10 unstoppable stacks and fire the sp2. If playing aggressively, you should be back to your sp2 by the time the fury runs out and you can reapply it. Very fun.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Yea his defensive ability is dead now. But he’s much better offensively. Very niche imo. csws lanes he will be great. But I don’t think he’s a top tier mystic.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    LOL This is an incredible rework. So fun to play
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    i see quite a bit of potential here both on offense and defense
  • Cyborg17Cyborg17 Posts: 114
    By "worst" I don't want to say "better" but "easily beaten". I'm very disappointed. ^^
  • Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    edited August 2022
    Imo he's underwhelming. The decent damage doesn't make up for his practically non-existent utility. It's sad because back in the prime of buffs, we would have called this a miss. Now it's being welcomed.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    At least as far as I would think Juggs should be amazing for cant stop won’t stop paths now says he’s always unstoppable if you play aggressive enough.
  • BulloneyBulloney Posts: 12
    I think his new kit is a lot of fun. If you lose the gem, the only way to get it back (that I can tell) is to throw a special but that's not too bad.

One quirk is that dashing back removes an unstoppable but that wasn't obvious from his kit description (it mentions he loses one when struck, when entering block and when blocking an attack). If you dodge you reset the timer, but just dashing back is removing an unstoppable for me. Either way he's just fun to play now.

I'm already considering taking my duped 6* to rank 3. He's so much better

Mine is going up. I am simply not a huge user of the Mystic class overall, other than Doom. I hardly use any other one and don’t run Mystic Dispersion. That’s not a criticism of the kits in the Mystic class, because I know some are very good and powerful. I am not saying they are bad, just saying I don’t use many.

I truly get this buff and have always loved Juggernaut, so yeah. Mine is going up, and I am glad to do it
  • BulloneyBulloney Posts: 12
    Assuming your juggernaut is duped and you run willpower, you get free healing until your next special from the weakness debuff if you mess up and lose the gem.
    edited August 2022
    Anybody can just list abilities and call it utility. Agent Venom has anti-evade, debuff purify, and access to incinerate and bleed.
    Unstoppable (kind of decent in an average fight for openings), a lot of buffs, stun immunity, and enhanced combat power rate from sp1 are all things that are very rarely useful. Nullify, decent but 30% isn't ideal, and Stagger, good but a bit short, are his best pieces of utility and are both things that he doesn't do super well compared to the rest of the people in his class. 25% damage reduction is really only good for suicides and making him a bit tankier.

We'll see how many fights he's used for in a month from now. But I will admit, it could have been a lot worse considering the other buffs this year. Just a bit sad of how the quality of buffs has degraded overall.

i see quite a bit of potential here both on offense and defense

Gonna be interesting to see how it scales. I saw some promising numbers, including a 20K Crit on an SP1 with a 6-star R1
  • Cyborg17Cyborg17 Posts: 114
    There are so many champions that put damage-free debuffs that in reality it's not going to be usable on a lot of content and against a lot of champions. Useless against a lot of cosmic champions like Vision aarkus, Hercule, Captain Marvel MCU, CGR, Air Walker, etc. or tech (Hulkbuster, guillotine 99, sentinel, warlock, etc.) or science obviously.
    It should be only 2 or 3 special damage-free debuffs which remove his skills and not all debuffs.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Foster04 said:

Anybody can just list abilities and call it utility. Agent Venom has anti-evade, debuff purify, and access to incinerate and bleed.
    Unstoppable (kind of decent in an average fight for openings), a lot of buffs, stun immunity, and enhanced combat power rate from sp1 are all things that are very rarely useful. Nullify, decent but 30% isn't ideal, and Stagger, good but a bit short, are his best pieces of utility and are both things that he doesn't do super well compared to the rest of the people in his class. 25% damage reduction is really only good for suicides and making him a bit tankier.

We'll see how many fights he's used for in a month from now. But I will admit, it could have been a lot worse considering the other buffs this year. Just a bit sad of how the quality of buffs has degraded overall.

That's the whole point of an ability and utility. To give that champ a use somewhere in the game. If you only had agent venom that caused bleed and literally no other options, you could use him for act 6 Medusa boss.
    Foster04 said:

What other utility did you expect? It’s Juggernaut. DPS and heightened durability is what he does. He has Psychic Shielding from the helmet. He gets Fury.

I know the game gets crazy with adding crazy abilities to characters that don’t have them from the lore, but what utility doesn’t he kit have that could reasonably have been added?
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 349 ★★★
    Foster04 said:

He's better than before and a lot more fun and useful. This buff has accomplished what buffs are generally for - to make a champ useful for everyone alike, not just endgame players. You cannot expect every buff to be magneto level. If it doesn't please you, don't rank him up. If it does, rank him up.

Not expecting Magneto level, lol. Expecting a return to the old buff program where this level of buff wouldn't be a contender for top buff of the year.