**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quicksilver Dev Diary 1 is here

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Pretty interesting to see that
    1. Quicksilver was originally going to be mutant. During the summoner’s choice, they told us that he would be science. But we see here that he was being tested as a mutant champ. Does this mean that he was created before the summoner’s choice poll? Pretty interesting
    2. He was made using the (nameless?) Human Torch model with the white hair

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

1. Quicksilver was originally going to be mutant. During the summoner’s choice, they told us that he would be science. But we see here that he was being tested as a mutant champ. Does this mean that he was created before the summoner’s choice poll? Pretty interesting

Regarding #1: He was never going to be Mutant. We knew he was going to be in the Science class before we even announced the competition. I think whoever was animating him just slapped the Mutant class on there because, like many of us, we knew him as a Mutant growing up.
    why is he science? Is it simply because you didn’t want yet another offensive mutant powerhouse
  • Options
    MattDRKMattDRK Posts: 171

Regarding #1: He was never going to be Mutant. We knew he was going to be in the Science class before we even announced the competition. I think whoever was animating him just slapped the Mutant class on there because, like many of us, we knew him as a Mutant growing up.
    why is he science? Is it simply because you didn’t want yet another offensive mutant powerhouse
    Quicksilver hasn't been canonically Mutant for quite some time now. His (and Wanda's) origin story was retconned 7 or 8 years ago, and Magneto is no longer their real father. It kind of ruins House of M for me, but I let that exist in a different part of my mind.
    They probably just did it to be able to use Pietro and Wanda on MCU, hopefully with the Mutant rights now with Marvel again they can return to mutant status (Even Kamala now became a mutant).
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

It kind of ruins XX for me, but I let that exist in a different part of my mind.
    Every comic book reader at some point