**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are you actually excited about the Legends event?

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
I know endgame players probably don't get excited about much of the smaller stuff in the game but even thronebreakers in this case i doubt will be much too interested.

I feel like the login calendar needed one more separation between cav and TB players even if no t6b and t3a at least some 6star shards? the calendar is obviously geared towards cav players so the amount of cats we get is also so less.

the 7hr login crystals haven't been updated I think or if they have been i cant see at all
for your ease here what's in it

7H Login Crystal
Start Date: 08/22/2022 @ 3:00 AM PT

End Date: 08/29/2022 @ 10:00 AM PT

Open your 7-Hour Login Crystal for a chance at:

4-Star Hero Crystal Shards
5-Star Hero Crystal Shards
Legendary Crystal Shards
Tier 4 Basic or Class Catalyst
Tier 4 Basic or Class Catalyst Fragments
Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst
Energy Refill
Units
Boosts
Potions
Revies

now nobody is gonna complain about the units or revs we get but still no 6star shards and t1a from these crystals? these also needed separation between players with different story progression.
Trade in store is also trash its such a step down from last year. Tbh I don't understand what they could have added to trade in store to make it look exciting even if they were to exclude AGs from it.
Halls of healing glory and fortune, i think they got a buff maybe I remember seeing t6 iso in it but it was still underwhelming. halls of glory is the worst and the halls of fortune gold isn't updated at all either

The only good thing is there is a 6* shards arena and I am looking forward to it.

P.S. - to people who are probably gonna say its free stuff
which I don't really agree with but its a whole another debate so I wont get into it rn

thing is if Kabam is making a event they probably do want players to get excited about it right. I cant fathom people developing something thinking lets just throw whatever. Then why does this event feel so outdated?

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Until you wrote this I forgot that was this month. It’s a lot less exciting without the AG and sig stone trade in
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    My whale account is like "free stuff, not super useful to me, but cool. Thanks!"

My FTP mini is like "this is awesome! Super useful for (hopefully) harvesting some much needed iso from the 4*, 5* and legenday crystals. Thank you!!!"

It's just a matter of perspective - but free is never bad.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,656 Guardian
    I would really appreciate more TB and paragon things. The only thing good about the trade in store is I get to trade in l1 and l2 revives. That's about it. It definitely doesn't feel like a "legends" celebration, unless kabam is running it in internet explorer, then it explains why it is so late.

My alt account is happy though, free 5* shards.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,656 Guardian

Pikolu said:

I would really appreciate more TB and paragon things. The only thing good about the trade in store is I get to trade in l1 and l2 revives. That's about it. It definitely doesn't feel like a "legends" celebration, unless kabam is running it in internet explorer, then it explains why it is so late.

My alt account is happy though, free 5* shards.

it should be called a beginner's celebration lol

also do you really wanna trade your revives?
    it seems like we need to give two revives to get 1 bigger one
    it might be ok to trade in heals but revives you gonna actually exchange two chances to revive your champ for just 1 even if its a bit extra hp. you can just heal up with some heals you farm from rol.
    i would suggest not to exchange the revives.
    I can grind level 1 revives easily, and the only content I have left to do (that i want to do) that needs revives is the gauntlet. Even then I got an extra 29 revives farmed up already that expire before the celebration. For me it will be a great cleanse of my stash to clear out level 1 revives to make room for more future ones.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    With the current state of the game, adding some 6* shards would make sense, especially since the calendar is based on progression level. If I could get 1k 6* shards instead of the whole 5* crystal, it'd be much better value.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,310 ★★★★★
    only an ftp knows the true value of free events with whatever as rewards
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

With the current state of the game, adding some 6* shards would make sense, especially since the calendar is based on progression level. If I could get 1k 6* shards instead of the whole 5* crystal, it'd be much better value.

Good point!
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    I'm still confused on why there isn't a Thronebreaker calendar
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Ceder said:

I'm still confused on why there isn't a Thronebreaker calendar

The short answer is probably they haven't had time to make one.

It isn't as simple as looking at the calendars and saying well, if these guys gets that, then those guys get more. Bigger rewards for Thronebreaker (and Paragon) players don't just come out of thin air, for lack of a better way of describing it, they come from Thronebreaker and Paragon reward budgets. This is oversimplifying greatly, but the rewards players get are balanced in the long run by reward budgets, in effect there's a bag of rewards that rewards are doled out from, and that bag of rewards is not infinite: it must be budgeted.

Bottom line, material changes to rewards requires more than just the work to set those rewards, it requires significant time to be reviewed and approved by those that manage the game economies. No one can just snap their fingers and make a progression based calendar extension.

Even the content developers have Economy Masters, and they are as inscrutable to them as the content developers are to us.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,632 ★★★★★

Several points to make:

1. Not everything needs to be perfectly balanced for all players. Especially free gifts. If it gets early and mid-game players excited to play, then awesome.
    2. The Arena gives 6* shards, which you didn't mention in your post, and that seems to be what you are looking for most out of this. Tadaa
    3. I would honestly like to hear what your argument for this not being "free stuff" is. I haven't paid for anything on my account in years and don't plan to pay for anything during this event. If you make the argument of time being what you pay Kabam, then login crystals and a login calendar are not going to be where you win anyone over here. I could consider time spent in grinding arena to be a more reasonable argument, but you didn't mention the arena, only the login events.
    4. The event isn't supposed to excite people who are Paragon. It is a nice and easy way to refill some smaller items for them. Big accounts still need/want things like T1A occasionally so it is nice to have cheap and easy ways of already obtaining them built into the game. Kabam 100% makes content that it doesn't expect everyone to get excited about. Have you done Summoner appreciation events in the last 4 years? What about lower levels of SQ and EQ?
    5. "Trade in store is also trash its such a step down from last year." The specialized trade-in store in December was a huge anomaly when it comes to trade-in stores in the game. There have been quite a few over the years, and this is a pretty reasonable entry. Again, it isn't exciting, but the purpose of them is not to be exciting. The purpose is provide some value and clear up some inventory space for people with swollen accounts. Eg. If the trade-in store excites you, then it probably wasn't made with you as the target.

That being said, I do appreciate your point of view and hope my reply wasn't too argumentative. Was really just trying to be instructive.

i did mention the arena shards. read it properly before trying to do a "tadaa"
    Also what's with all the toxicity?
    lmao i am being toxic when the one who didnt read the post properly and tried to act as if I am a dumbass who didnt notice the arena shards? wow
    I really don’t see how what you said was toxic either. You pointed out an error.

You do assume that I’m trying to paint you as *dumb* though, even though the context of the rest of the post doesn’t support that. I use “tadaa” as a verbal gesture to emphasize that there is in fact 6* shards available. Wasn’t to make you seem stupid, but to point out a simple fact that you might have easily missed.

Honestly, I may have just skipped the part where you acknowledged the arena. You did, however, previously note a distinct lack of 6* shards, but since this is a multifaceted event, it would make sense for Kabam to spread out the rewards. Thus, I tried to point out that they were in fact available.