**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RIP Galan synergy with Reed

I know it was bugged from the start being when personal debuffs expire and not when all debuffs expire, but man is it sad seeing the difference between the synergy before and after. It was so fun just gaining lots of power by parrying with the entire f4 synergy team (which could be argued isnt entirely practical) and now it only triggers from 1 debuff on his sp1 and sp2, or if the opponent uses a different special from the careful study one... or if you lose your prefight debuffs.

https://youtu.be/qcGPMWCD8Y8

Comments

• Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    I honestly wish that kabam kept the synergy as when ALL debuffs expired, but just reduced the power that you gain to maybe 5% of a bar of power per debuff. This synergy was killed.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    It sure was fun while it lasted
  • Options
    edited August 2022

It sure was. I'm really disappointed because it took reed from being a solid science champ to arguably one of, if not the best science champ in the game (with prerequisites.) I just wish that Kabam said something about this prior to the hotfix today or had a compromise like the sassy sabretooth synergy. Really need to release champions that are more polished and not broken like galan... this synergy and his willpower im referring to of course.

Edit: Don't mind me, im just still salty about the $50 I may or may not have spent haha
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    The hotfix also fixed shang chi.🥲 His cleanse was purifying debuffs after reseting all strikes, i feel that’s how it’s supposed to be but they changed it back🫠
  • Options

So…they hotfixed a correction on the Mr F synergy, but didn’t fix the willpower bug while they were at it? That’s pretty annoying. He is pretty much unplayable right now if you run suicides.

He still is bugged haha. But they had to "nerf" reed first didnt they? Heck I still think reed's debuffs still sometimes fail to proc on his sp2 lol
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,771 ★★★★★
    You legend. This has to be my favourite Mister Fantastic video of all time.
    Too bad about the synergy, would have been fun to try in its unintended state.
    Reminds me of when Professor X’s Gateway synergy was bugged upon release. Domino would fill 3 bars of power in 1 second. I took her into Cav EQ when it was first released and DESTROYED the Apocalypse boss. It was fixed pretty quickly though.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    007Bishop said:

It sure was. I'm really disappointed because it took reed from being a solid science champ to arguably one of, if not the best science champ in the game (with prerequisites.) I just wish that Kabam said something about this prior to the hotfix today or had a compromise like the sassy sabretooth synergy. Really need to release champions that are more polished and not broken like galan... this synergy and his willpower im referring to of course.

Edit: Don't mind me, im just still salty about the $50 I may or may not have spent haha
    Lol reed is still one of the best science champs in the game (top 5 arguably). The galan synergy made him more fun to play but doesn't change what he is capable of doing, both as standalone champ as well as a support champ, one bit
    I'm just saying. Being able to power gain like that without touching the opponent made it feel like he was like a mister negative 2.0 or something like that. It really quickened his extremely slow ramp up. Can you really say that he compares to the likes of Scorpion, Mister Negative, Quicksilver, Quake, Ihulk, Capiw, Torch, or even Overseer? Heck he really needs the fantastic four to truly shine. Otherwise he's used just for prefights and synergies
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

Lol reed is still one of the best science champs in the game (top 5 arguably). The galan synergy made him more fun to play but doesn't change what he is capable of doing, both as standalone champ as well as a support champ, one bit
    I'm just saying. Being able to power gain like that without touching the opponent made it feel like he was like a mister negative 2.0 or something like that. It really quickened his extremely slow ramp up. Can you really say that he compares to the likes of Scorpion, Mister Negative, Quicksilver, Quake, Ihulk, Capiw, Torch, or even Overseer? Heck he really needs the fantastic four to truly shine. Otherwise he's used just for prefights and synergies
    Lol you are wrong again. He's easily better than ihulk and overseer even without any synergies and he's on par with Mr Negative. I have no clue what you even by him needing F4 synergies cuz that's just not true. You either don't have him ranked up or you don't play him enough to understand the things he's truly capable of doing by himself. He's got way more utility than negs, ihulk and overseer. His ramp up isn't even that long if he's duped and at a decent sig level.
    Like I said, he's a solid champ on his own, but at his best with the f4. And him having more useability than those champs? I just dont see it or believe it, not one bit. He was on a whole other level with the galan synergy. I'm honestly disappointed there wasn't much showcase of that synergy when it first came out, but I'm just bummed kind of like the ddhk guy that his "buff" was actually a bug all along. Reed's only issue imo was his long ramp up and the synergy fixed it, and then some. I mean I actually used the synergy before it was nerfed, I cant say the same for many people here. You could really feel the difference.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Nvm
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    Fanta doesn't need any synergies, or even dupe, to make him more complete champion than he is.
    Right out of the gate, he is awesome power contoller (both passive and active)
    He inverses regen
    He can tackle reasonable dot damage
    You actually can get hit in the face with SP with him, with careful study passive, you wont even feel it
    He can deal with buffs

And yes, you need little ramp up, but because of how he controls the fight, the only issue there is the time spent.
    Once you do 2 SP2, you have incredible control over the fight, and respectable damage already, and after SP3, he is one of the hardest hitting champs in the game.

I know these things are subjective, but I see Reed as top 5 science in worst case, top 3 without suicides.
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 354 ★★★
    Rookiie said:

007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

Lol you are wrong again. He's easily better than ihulk and overseer even without any synergies and he's on par with Mr Negative. I have no clue what you even by him needing F4 synergies cuz that's just not true. You either don't have him ranked up or you don't play him enough to understand the things he's truly capable of doing by himself. He's got way more utility than negs, ihulk and overseer. His ramp up isn't even that long if he's duped and at a decent sig level.

3rd time’s the charm 💀
    💀💀💀
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 354 ★★★
    edited August 2022

007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

Like I said, he's a solid champ on his own, but at his best with the f4. And him having more useability than those champs? I just dont see it or believe it, not one bit. He was on a whole other level with the galan synergy. I'm honestly disappointed there wasn't much showcase of that synergy when it first came out, but I'm just bummed kind of like the ddhk guy that his "buff" was actually a bug all along. Reed's only issue imo was his long ramp up and the synergy fixed it, and then some. I mean I actually used the synergy before it was nerfed, I cant say the same for many people here. You could really feel the difference.
    You are quite literally wrong lmao. I have all those champs ranked up and Mr F is easily the most versatile out of them all. You are clearly underrating and underestimating his potential as a standalone champ which is a real shame considering your PFP is literally Mr Fantastic. Open your eyes, he's not just a synergy champ and neither is he reliant on ANY synergies to be an absolute beast smh. The synergy with Galan is NICE TO HAVE but if you think that's what makes him a top science champ, then you are very much wrong. Wrong!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Thanks for your inputs on your opinion of reed. Interesting to see different takes on the champion. However, this post wasn't about that, and it's being derailed a bit. There is no "wrong" opinion about a champion. Just let bygones be bygones. Disappointing to see reed fans turn against each other. At a time I thought he was the best science champion even before his buff, but opinions can change over time. Anyways, this post was just to reminisce the short few days where Reed Richards was one of the best champions in the game.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

There is no "wrong" opinion about a champion.

Iron Fist is a better champion than Dr Doom and has more utility than Ghost.
    Thank you, I've actually had this argument on the forums before. I hate that saying so much... "There are no wrong opinions"

Heck yes there are. Facts can easily disprove an opinion. Then again maybe those opinions should actually be called "delusions"
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Etjama said:

There is no "wrong" opinion about a champion.

Iron Fist is a better champion than Dr Doom and has more utility than Ghost.
    Thank you, I've actually had this argument on the forums before. I hate that saying so much... "There are no wrong opinions"

Heck yes there are. Facts can easily disprove an opinion. Then again maybe those opinions should actually be called "delusions"
    Yeah. I remember some random dude long back claiming Colossus had no utility or something. Wonder where they are now. 🙃