**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What should 8.1 Rewards look like?

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
edited August 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
So, as per a recent post by my new best friend Jax,

it seems like we should hear some news about the release of 8.1 possibly when all of next month's stuff drops, or at least within the next month (since Story content has typically dropped mid-month). That being said, I like to make predictions about stuff and not just react sometimes so I can temper my expectations or even be excited.

I will walk you through my process of speculation and maybe we can discuss reward scaling in the Battlerealm in a positive manner. Hopefully. Here have been the rewards for Act 6 and Act 7 by chapter and for the whole Act:

Here is what I assume would be a reasonable step up based on previous increases, but obviously things could be different.

I could definitely see an increase in the rank-up gems from what I put, and since they have been dropping R4 materials much more often lately, I could also see those improving.

I would also be very curios to see if the path rewards have been increased since Act 7. Personally, I loved those and they were great for that part of the story progression, so I wouldn't hate it if they stayed the same, and simply doubling things seems like quite a big step.

This is pretty basic, and I suppose I could've done a regression based on shards/gems and extrapolated out to the end of Act 8 just for fun, but I am interested to see the community opinion on what things might look like. Cant wait to rush for completion on the first day and then have the agonizing exploration crawl over the next week or two.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options

would love at least 1/2 of a 6* awakening gem, even if it's class, for exploration

I definitely think they should increase the availability of those. (aka I still have several champs that I really want awakened and know I will have more soon, but I've only ever gotten 3 6* AGs since I have't explored Act 6 or AoL)
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Whatever it is, I’m so excited for more story content. Kabam has been killing it in that area since act 7
  • Options
    I do think we should get more rankup gems. And hopefully one of each catalyst.
    I do think we will see more sig stones though. 20 seems low
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Seven star class nexus selector, seven star rank 2 generic gem, seven star generic gem, 40 +5 generic seven star stones, and that’s just for completion
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Seven star class nexus selector, seven star rank 2 generic gem, seven star generic gem, 40 +5 generic seven star stones, and that’s just for completion

I dearly hope you are joking here
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Monthly EQ & SQ give 50% of a catalyst
    So 8.1 should ideally offer a lot more than that.... preferably 50% of a R4 i.e. 1.5 of each catalyst
    Just 50% of 1 from 8.1 won't cut it anymore with current game economy
    Also with Act 8 it's probably the right time to make 6* sig stones more accessible
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,650 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't get too excited. Historically the rewards for the first quest are not amazing.
  • Options
    Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★
    We will probably get a full t6b and t3a cause they are pushing players to paragon very fast.
    Also even EQ gives 30% of each.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,306 ★★★★★
    Whatever 8.1 rewards are, a lot of people will find it “underwhelming”. 😂
  • Options
    ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★
    Honestly, with how generous they are with the r4 mats in EOP and now the loyalty store, I'd expect at least something on par with that, if not more. Maybe a class gem as well considering those are in the loyalty store as well but who knows. Also can't forget about path rewards, those are always pretty juicy as well.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 542 ★★★★
    Expect lots of r4 mats, gold, and maybe some rank up gems with crystals/ shards
  • Options

Lol wasn't expecting that. Guess my guess might have been rather conservative if the rest of the rewards are scaled to match that.