**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nullify Immune Cosmic champions

I've noticed that 2/3 of the cosmic champions released this year have some type of nullify immunity. I know gaining buffs is not officially a rule of cosmic champs (e.g knull), but that's pretty much what they do to get their damage. So why are kabam pushing nullify immunity into cosmic champs when mystics (class advantage) play a big part in nullifying buffs? I know part of it is to sell new mystic champs like rintrah and wiccan that inflict neutralize instead. It makes sense to science champs like Mr. N and Overseer because they are class advantage to mystics. Feels like they are negating one of the core abilities many mystic champs have. On the other hand, it does help players offensively when using these nullify immune champs, but feels lazy design to just slap nullify immunity to cosmic champs when the class that does nullify is the class that is suppose to have an advantage on cosmic champs. At least make it a % chance for nullify to fail or this ability fails when fighting against mystics. The same way you can't apply slow to a class disadvantage fight. Anyways, this was just an annoyance I had. I don't expect it to change, but would love to hear what other players think about this topic.

Comments

• Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 796 ★★★
    claire, tigra

this girls is too op for galan
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited August 2022

claire, tigra

this girls is too op for galan

Claire yes if she uses sp2 because Galan is nullify immune Tigra would be much better option
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    I could have rank2 Symbiote Supreme (or other useful champions) but I chose a champion I find fun yet annoying (glancing better than Capt Beardo) I have awaken Capt Beardo yet I pick Antman (who is getting rework, better glancing, more poison and more debuffs courtesy of pym particles).. fingers crossed for good buff..
    Note: I already have Claire Voyant.. Tigra is 5* only thou.. sad no 5* or 6* Rintrah.
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★

I've noticed that 2/3 of the cosmic champions released this year have some type of nullify immunity. I know gaining buffs is not officially a rule of cosmic champs (e.g knull), but that's pretty much what they do to get their damage. So why are kabam pushing nullify immunity into cosmic champs when mystics (class advantage) play a big part in nullifying buffs? I know part of it is to sell new mystic champs like rintrah and wiccan that inflict neutralize instead. It makes sense to science champs like Mr. N and Overseer because they are class advantage to mystics. Feels like they are negating one of the core abilities many mystic champs have. On the other hand, it does help players offensively when using these nullify immune champs, but feels lazy design to just slap nullify immunity to cosmic champs when the class that does nullify is the class that is suppose to have an advantage on cosmic champs. At least make it a % chance for nullify to fail or this ability fails when fighting against mystics. The same way you can't apply slow to a class disadvantage fight. Anyways, this was just an annoyance I had. I don't expect it to change, but would love to hear what other players think about this topic.

I think it's very fitting that champions like angela and galan have nullify immunity because they are just powerhouses. I honestly wish that odin and knull had nullify immunity too, it just fits the character. There are ways other than nullify to prevent buffs and usually the buffs that these champions have arent very detrimental to the attacker, or can be waited out.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    They want you to rank up and use champs with neutralize
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 637 ★★★
    It seems like the old saying is true: "Modern problems require Modern solutions" lol
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    There needs to be varieties in the game so new champions will new abilities can be released plus counters also can be released. For Eg: At first when Domino was released we all have PTSD fighting her the first time and many other times with only counters being Archangel and Gladiator Hulk. Now we have some solid counters to her like Mysterio, Guardian, Nimrod, Omega Sentinel and some more. As it's said variety is the spice of life.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    All these changes makes me appreciate BWCV all the more. She's kind of like Hyperion, and aging like fine wine.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    So, yeah, they can go ahead and pile on 20+ buffs and nullify immunity if they want. It serves to make Ronan even more beyond god tier when beating down cosmics.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    It's their way of nerfing Doom.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★

So, yeah, they can go ahead and pile on 20+ buffs and nullify immunity if they want. It serves to make Ronan even more beyond god tier when beating down cosmics.

Absolutely right. She-Hulk and America Chavez want some of that action, too 😉
  • Options

It's their way of nerfing Doom.

If you give stagger plus nullify immunity then Doom becomes much less effective