**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just got 6* CAIW after over FOUR YEARS of waiting and............

KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
Kabam seriously needs to address these years long champion "freeze outs" in the game. Finally getting a champ after their in-game usability is over is one of my biggest complaints about the game aside from the others that have already been addressed in the forums. NO ONE should have to wait a presidential term for a champ. Fix this BS please.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022

Did you just say Cap IW no longer has in-game usability...lol

Not CAIW specifically. Actually, the champ that I had in mind when I said that was Blade. Got 'him' earlier this year after an almost FIVE YEAR wait and his meta came and went. BS like that in general is what I mean. If you have to wait multiple years for that rarity of a champ to pop up, there's an issue that goes beyond just RNG. I already see that Omega Sentinel is veering toward "freeze out" status on my account and it will be a multi-year wait. Couldn't even get a 5* out of the now expired featured. The champ acquisition in this game is beyond broken.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    It's how the game works I don't know what to say. Maybe ask Kabam about their progress on that Wish Crystal :trollface:
  • Options
    K00shMaan said:

How is Cap's usability over? People literally used him in Week 5 EoP which is literally the most recent piece of active Endgame content. I will admit he doesn't have the same impact he once did but calling him useless is going too far.

See the above quote. It's a generalization not a Beardo complaint.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I use him all the time
  • Options
    Lpoo said:

I use him all the time

Read the post. Not the headline.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Kennado said:

The champ acquisition in this game is beyond broken.
    It’s just RNG, past that nothing really you or Kabam can do other than gifting free 6*s to people. (Something nobody who thinks that concept all the way through wants)
  • Options

Kennado said:

The champ acquisition in this game is beyond broken.
    It’s just RNG, past that nothing really you or Kabam can do other than gifting free 6*s to people. (Something nobody who thinks that concept all the way through wants)
    Who says it has to be free? Hell, if Arena wasn't swarming with cheaters, this thread doesn't get made. That said, I don't mind waiting for a champ. I do mind waiting a Summer Olympic cycle for one. That's unfair to those that don't get to experience the full benefits of a champ while the meta is active.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Lpoo said:

I use him all the time

My point is that he is still very useful in 2022. I’m not always on Kabam’s side, but they at least attempt to buff champs and update usefulness with synergies. Cap was already great, and then they added Hercules and Cap SW to make him an even more important team member and attacker.
  • Options
    Lpoo said:

Lpoo said:

I use him all the time

My point is that he is still very useful in 2022. I’m not always on Kabam’s side, but they at least attempt to buff champs and update usefulness with synergies. Cap was already great, and then they added Hercules and Cap SW to make him an even more important team member and attacker.
    Reading comprehension so bad that you're now quote talking to yourself lol. For the second time, this thread isn't about CAIW and if I should rank him up. I haven't been uncollected in over four years so I wouldn't be asking about CAIW's 2022 viability. This thread is about years long champion "freeze outs" and I'm open to suggestions on that front.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i would actually argue capiw has gotten better throughout the years. his new-ish synergies with overseer and sam wilson make him a lot better
  • Options
    SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 494 ★★★

No regrets
  • Options
    Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    Your point is correct 100%, but champ example is not. I got MM last week which is a good example. Or getting 5* corvus finally, when heath pools have increased now.
  • Options
    KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 ★★
    He'll be my first science r4 (even though i have iBom, Negative, Void and Torch waiting).
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Ps_cr7 said:

Your point is correct 100%, but champ example is not. I got MM last week which is a good example. Or getting 5* corvus finally, when heath pools have increased now.

It wasn't about CAIW usage.
    Typhoon said:

my Sig 200 6* R3 CAIW disagrees with just about everything you said here.

- Perfect blocks on parry
    - Mitigates unstoppable
    - Big Sp2 (I usually crit for over 120k in cav event quest with him every month)
    - Sig ability allows him to:
    - Purify debuffs
    - Apply a weakness to opponent
    - Armor break opponent on parry
    - Petrify the opponent

I can go on. This guy has utility through the roof. And you think his usability is over.

This is just ill-informed.

What's ill informed is your reading comprehension. Shouldn't have slept through that class tbh. I used another example of Blade a few posts later for the slow. Thread is not about the champ. It's about multi-year freeze outs on champs. I might have to type that in all caps for people to comprehend.
  • Options

There will always be some champions you don’t get. If the game guaranteed you got every champion then it would be kinda boring.

I’m still waiting on some cool champions that I am gunning for, if they were guaranteed not to have a “freeze out” then I’d know when I was about to get them.

I’m sorry you feel blade and Cap are past their prime when you’ve got them (I know it’s not the point of your thread but I definitely would advise a second look at Cap, he is most definitely still one of the top champs in the game). But on the other hand, the game can’t guarantee you to get champions at a certain point. RNG is fickle, and you’ll get some champions but not others. Be happy with the ones you’ve got, strive for the ones you don’t. If you let yourself get upset about it then it’ll just sour your opinion of the game.

What exactly do you have in mind to address the problem you think there is here?

An annual Wish Crystal is a start. Matter of fact, it might be the fix altogether. They've done something like this during recent sales days but those are generally for the previous year's champs. Give us a year selector (2014, 2015, 2016, etc) on those and we're good. I don't need to wait a full four year college term for a champ.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I pulled a 5* Medusa for the first time a few months ago. I don't have a 6* Colossus, Doom, Domino, Ghost, Moleman, Omega Red... Don't have any of the top 7 prestige champs. I don't have white mags as a 5* or 6*. I have 129 6*s and a decent roster, but there are 6*s I might never get. I don't think there is anything for it.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I get the sentiment - some older champs get outshined by the new ones. CAPIW is still the beardo beast at sig 200. He may be my first R4 science (him or torch - debating).

With 230 champs in the game, I really believe the availability of nexus crystals needs to be more common - especially at higher level progression levels and new end game content rewards. Additionally, we need more of the 12 champ nexus for the really big content - give people more opportunity at a choice for putting in the hard work. It's still RNG, but a better chance at targeting some type of favorable champ for the most end game rewards.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kennado said:

There will always be some champions you don’t get. If the game guaranteed you got every champion then it would be kinda boring.

I’m still waiting on some cool champions that I am gunning for, if they were guaranteed not to have a “freeze out” then I’d know when I was about to get them.

I’m sorry you feel blade and Cap are past their prime when you’ve got them (I know it’s not the point of your thread but I definitely would advise a second look at Cap, he is most definitely still one of the top champs in the game). But on the other hand, the game can’t guarantee you to get champions at a certain point. RNG is fickle, and you’ll get some champions but not others. Be happy with the ones you’ve got, strive for the ones you don’t. If you let yourself get upset about it then it’ll just sour your opinion of the game.

What exactly do you have in mind to address the problem you think there is here?

An annual Wish Crystal is a start. Matter of fact, it might be the fix altogether. They've done something like this during recent sales days but those are generally for the previous year's champs. Give us a year selector (2014, 2015, 2016, etc) on those and we're good. I don't need to wait a full four year college term for a champ.
    Clearly you’re free to ask for that, but I wouldn’t hold your breath. Wish crystals aren’t very likely to be added at this point, and champion selectors are extremely rare. Once or twice a year and locked behind 15-18k units. I don’t think they’re going to be offered for free every year, nor do I think they should be.

This game will always be predominantly RNG, so I’d find suggestions like dual class crystals for 6*s great, easier access to arena great, but a free yearly champion selector? I find that hard to justify personally.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    no champs become unusable, tbh i use my 6* domino (without rhulk and massacre) r3 more than my 6* torch r3 and lotss of people says that she's outdated, but she is not. there are just better champs than her to do that content but shes still an insane option same goes for like any other older champ like stark spidy, blade, star lord etc.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022

I have 129 6*s .

130 6*s now. Just pulled The Champion smh. What a terrible design. Why would you make a champ with a built in obsolescence? He's good against the greatest champs, most of which aren't that great anymore lol. At least he had 15 minutes as a viable War boss, but then Sym Supreme.

• Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I disagree strongly i use him everyday everywhere and even now he's just as valuable as when he was released