**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is this a bug? A strange interaction? what am I missing?

GarloGarlo Posts: 200 ★★
I was fighting in war, node 15, Annihilus (me) vs Hulkbuster.

Each time HB threw a SA he took away my cosmic control rod. I read and read their abilities and the description node and I can't figure how this is possible.

Does anyone know what happened?

Additional note: I did a practice fight and the same thing happened.

Comments

• Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    ↑↑↑
  • Options

Annihilus’ rod gets removed by armor break

I read his abilities and there is no mention about it.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Garlo said:

It’s because armor break is coded as a nullify, not sure why
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Garlo said:

It’s not in his abilities, it’s just kinda a thing
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    That's messed up.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    The game often treats armor break as a nullify
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike, according to the answers, is correct that armor break nullifies the Annihilus's cosmic control rod? Or what happens in this case?
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    It has always been a thing in-game that armor break counts as a nullify. I don't think it directly violates any game mechanics (so I wouldn't consider it "messed up"), but it is one of those unwritten game rules that has been here for years and years. It is similar to some other less-known interactions like those who could initially ignore inverted controls (I think this has been actually added to certain descriptions now but I don't believe it was specifically stated originally). There are deep layers to the game when it has this many champs and interactions, etc. The more you play, the more you know.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Essentially armour break nullifies armour, regardless if you’ve got an armour buff or passive. It’s a very specific interaction in the case of armour breaks, I can only assume that it was coded that way to make it differentiate between a regular nullify and a specific one for armour. Whether this ever gets changed or not, we’ll have to see but I don’t think it will (While this isn’t beneficial to have it this way for Annihilus, I’d rather not have a multitude of other things break if they were to change years old code). But for now, you can only avoid armour break champs while using Annihilus.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

It has always been a thing in-game that armor break counts as a nullify. I don't think it directly violates any game mechanics (so I wouldn't consider it "messed up"), but it is one of those unwritten game rules that has been here for years and years. It is similar to some other less-known interactions like those who could initially ignore inverted controls (I think this has been actually added to certain descriptions now but I don't believe it was specifically stated originally). There are deep layers to the game when it has this many champs and interactions, etc. The more you play, the more you know.

It actually didn't count always. It happend at some point after annihilusus release
  • Options

It actually didn't count always. It happend at some point after annihilusus release
    That’s incorrect. It has always worked like that. We didn’t know it worked like that until people noticed Annihilus losing his cosmic rod when getting an armour break. We had no other example prior of Armour break counting as a nullify prior.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    ItsDamien said:

That’s incorrect. It has always worked like that. We didn’t know it worked like that until people noticed Annihilus losing his cosmic rod when getting an armour break. We had no other example prior of Armour break counting as a nullify prior.
    @ItsDamien

• Options
    This is from the EQ of annihius
  • Options
    There's more videos on YouTube from his eq
  • Options
    Running Pacify by any chance?
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

@ItsDamien

I fought in practice mode, Medusa vs Annihilus and he lost his rod when Medusa applies armor brake. Also fought with another champs who apply armor break and in all cases Annihilus lost his rod :neutral:
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Removal of rod is unaffected by ability accuracy. The furies he gains after are affected by ability accuracy
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

Removal of rod is unaffected by ability accuracy. The furies he gains after are affected by ability accuracy

Where does it say his Rod is unaffected by ability accuracy? His obliterating strikes are but that’s the only mention of any ability accuracy reduction.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Where does it say his Rod is unaffected by ability accuracy? His obliterating strikes are but that’s the only mention of any ability accuracy reduction.
    That's the game interaction🤷‍♂️. There are many things in champ kits that are usually unaffected by ability accuracy but not mentioned.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

That's the game interaction🤷‍♂️. There are many things in champ kits that are usually unaffected by ability accuracy but not mentioned.
    So it’s an assumption that it’s unaffected? Got it.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

It's easily testable if you want to. Just go in with magneto and throw your sp2. The rod will always be removed even with 70% aar
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

It's easily testable if you want to. Just go in with magneto and throw your sp2. The rod will always be removed even with 70% aar
    And does CAIW with synergy never remove his rod both with and without Pacify? Easily tested.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

And does CAIW with synergy never remove his rod both with and without Pacify? Easily tested.
    The videos of him not removing the rod are from back when annihilus was released. It's not the case now. There are multiple instances in the videos of cap not removing rod with armour break.

If what you said were the case you could easily run cap against annihilus and show that he fails to remove the rod when running pacify