**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is kitty getting a nerf??

I just heard, some of my mcoc friends said, kitty's going to be rebalanced (it sounds like a tune down). Can I get a clarification on this because I'm planning on R3 her.

Comments

• Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

thepiggy said:

Not happening. In a Youtube interview, Kabam John just said that if the balancing program was available last year, he would have balanced Kitty and Herc.

Nerfing kitty and herc now, would make more players leave
    Thats why this rebalancing program is awful. I truely don't know if there will be game changing champs like herc and kitty again..
  • Master_mischief69Master_mischief69 Posts: 236 ★★

thepiggy said:

Not happening. In a Youtube interview, Kabam John just said that if the balancing program was available last year, he would have balanced Kitty and Herc.

So, they might nerf her in near future, Damn, it's not fair, I mean I thought I finally got a beyond god mutant 6 star, now I'm confused about her rank up.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Skiddy212 said:

thepiggy said:

Thats why this rebalancing program is awful. I truely don't know if there will be game changing champs like herc and kitty again..
    They have yet to rebalance any new champ with the new program... So that's an awful thing?

thepiggy said:

So, they might nerf her in near future, Damn, it's not fair, I mean I thought I finally got a beyond god mutant 6 star, now I'm confused about her rank up.
    No, they won't be touching either champ. There's no guarantee 2 years from now something might happen but at the moment, neither champ will change.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

There are a lot of interesting points about what positives this balance program brings, I.e. the ability for designers to try new things, because now they don’t have a contract written in blood to keep things in the game. John says that before this program, designers were scared to make as exciting champions because if they’re too OP then they’re committed to having them in game and will have to work around them forever.

Didn't miike say the program always existed but this just made it transparent or somthing? Not to make a gotcha or anything but curious how this actually works
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

There are a lot of interesting points about what positives this balance program brings, I.e. the ability for designers to try new things, because now they don’t have a contract written in blood to keep things in the game. John says that before this program, designers were scared to make as exciting champions because if they’re too OP then they’re committed to having them in game and will have to work around them forever.

Didn't miike say the program always existed but this just made it transparent or somthing? Not to make a gotcha or anything but curious how this actually works
    That’s not my understanding, I’m sure they had internal reviews of how champions perform after being added to the game but the difference now is that they will take action on it now and balance the champs.

Open to being corrected, but that’s how I understand it.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    You should be more worried about Quicksilver he still has like 5months before he can be considered safe.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

John says that before this program, designers were scared to make as exciting champions because if they’re too OP then they’re committed to having them in game and will have to work around them forever.

Hmm but Thor got nerfed along with afew other champs years ago.

John says that before this program, designers were scared to make as exciting champions because if they’re too OP then they’re committed to having them in game and will have to work around them forever.

Hmm but Thor got nerfed along with afew other champs years ago.
    Exactly my point. Thor, SW, Dr Strange etc were so incredibly powerful that Kabam *had* to Nerf them. And since the reaction was so bad to that, the designers were scared of making champs too OP in future.

Because of that, when Corvus, Ghost, Quake were added (or discovered in the case of quake), content had to be designed around them and they had to be worked around because Kabam didn’t want to nerf them.

Now with the balancing program, this isn’t an issue. Kabam can try new stuff with champions, and if they end up OP then they can balance them. They aren’t ever going to get into a position where true focus type nodes have to be added to stop the next Quake or ghost, because they can balance them to a more reasonable - but still excellent level. It doesn’t feel like it, because nerfs feel bad, but this is going to make the game much healthier in the long term.

The thing they need to sort out now is more communication, 1) on what happens when a champion gets balanced down, do people who ranked them get RDTs? And 2) on the process with each champ and how it’s going. Is Galan being looked at seriously about his damage, is QS’s utility going to be toned down? What is Kabam currently looking at with the balance program? These are all areas of communication that could and should be increased since nerfs are possibly going to be much more commonplace. We need more communication to make this program really work.
    Fenico said:

Skiddy212 said:

thepiggy said:

Good.

I'd much rather have all new champions good and usefull in their own way than have handfull of no brain OP champs and a lot of useless Psychoman type champs.

In theory it sounds good, all depends on Kabam and how will they be able to keep this promise.
    I like one or two OP champs. Makes grinding/striving for new champs alot of fun but that is my opinion. We will see

If anyone wants to get all the info directly from John and what he said, rather than hearing someone’s sensationalised headline of “Kitty is going to be nerfed!” Then go to 7:17 and watch through until 13:40 ish.

Edit: always good to remember the link

https://youtu.be/y6MMvspSeac

Yes there’s a lot said, but that’s because this is a way more nuanced topic than Kitty/Herc should be nerfed. Kitty and Herc are not going to be nerfed (at least not from what John said, nor what anyone from Kabam ha ever said).

That’s a real issue with what they’ll have to do with Herc and Kitty now, and there will be real game impacts with how strong they were. Similar to true focus affecting ghost and quake. For context, John says that all that would have been changed about Herc would be a reduced immortality timer so you can’t “get away with murder”.

I don’t think the balancing program is perfect personally, I really am not a fan of how they still sell pre release bundles in the full knowledge that champions have a higher chance of being nerfed than ever before, and with no contingency plan announced for what happens afterwards if a champion is nerfed. Do rank down tickets get sent out? Is there any form of compensation at all? We don’t know because Kabam haven’t commented on it.

However, I do think that it opens the door for more interesting champions. Kabam can try bigger and better things because they aren’t forced to keep champions in the game when they’re too powerful, they can slightly tone down champions who are too good and who negatively impact the game. Personally, I agree with John when he says that 5 champions who can solve 10 problems each are better for the game than one champion who can solve 50 problems.

Why do you need any of those 5 champions, when you have the one? Why do you need a Void when you have Quake? Why do you need Silver Centurion when you have Ghost?
    (Rhetorical question there, it’s just to get the point across about having all powerful champions).

Not to mention, the balance program will pick up champions who are underwhelming and bring them in line with actually being useful. John says that he doesn’t like having champions that have no uses and are only used because you like the character and force then being used.

So imagine this balance program being used on Chavez to buff her damage, Purgatory to make her class souls last longer, Centurion’s lock on lasting longer, Mangog getting a damage boost, Skrull and Psychoman’s damage getting buffed and Jubilee not having to trade so much damage for utility.

I’m not saying they’d all definitely have happened, and we will see what the first champ who gets tuned up will look like (hopefully Gorr or Wong), but hopefully that delivers.

I think it’s much better for the game to have this balancing program, even if we have to take some hits with champions getting a nerf. There are still aspects that can be improved, but I think it’s overall a plus.

The OP asked if kitty is getting nerfed. Nothing was "senseless" about his title. Was a valid question.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    There are a number of powerful Champs that still exist in the game. That's not an automatic reason for them to be rebalanced. It really is an individual situation basis. If something needs adjustment, then that becomes on the table.
    In any event, there's no news of any changes for them, so I think it's best not to stir up fear.
    Skiddy212 said:

If anyone wants to get all the info directly from John and what he said, rather than hearing someone’s sensationalised headline of “Kitty is going to be nerfed!” Then go to 7:17 and watch through until 13:40 ish.

The OP asked if kitty is getting nerfed. Nothing was "senseless" about his title. Was a valid question.
    “some of my mcoc friends said, kitty's going to be rebalanced”. This is a line from the original post. That is sensationalised, but I wasn’t putting that on OP at all there. He’s only repeating what he’s heard from friends.

His friends have obviously misheard or misrepresented what happened in the interview and this is how misinformation comes about. Whether by accident or on purpose, it has been sensationalised. I’m trying to provide the context and the facts of what was actually said.

I also didn’t say anything about it being senseless.
  • Skiddy212 said:

Just because someone words something in the form of a question doesn’t let them off the hook for claiming that is a fact. And indeed within next sentence they claim that will be the case (restating something they heard).

Are these questions below just harmless simple questions …

Is there a fire in the building ?

Did I just hear gunshots ?

While technically nothing in those questions actually says that they saw or even heard about a fire, or heard any gunshots, the insinuations are rather the opposite.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    All champions can be nerfed, except Ghost and Quake (the two untouchable by Kabam), the "nerf" in Quake, is not having the 6* version.

Yes, it's the same one that Cull, Human Torch, invisible woman and Namor went through but at it's base, it's what they've always done with how they evaluate champs. They just more or so laid out what would happen.
  • Master_mischief69Master_mischief69 Posts: 236 ★★
    edited August 2022

Skiddy212 said:

“some of my mcoc friends said, kitty's going to be rebalanced”. This is a line from the original post. That is sensationalised, but I wasn’t putting that on OP at all there. He’s only repeating what he’s heard from friends.

His friends have obviously misheard or misrepresented what happened in the interview and this is how misinformation comes about. Whether by accident or on purpose, it has been sensationalised. I’m trying to provide the context and the facts of what was actually said.

I also didn’t say anything about it being senseless.
    You got it buddy, my question isn't against rebalancing a champion. I just want to clarify what I heard and i thought forum is a place to clarify these things. Kabam once wanted to rebalance them means they can do that in future too. But thank you for your explanation and the video link...😊
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Edit: always good to remember the link

https://youtu.be/y6MMvspSeac

Yes there’s a lot said, but that’s because this is a way more nuanced topic than Kitty/Herc should be nerfed. Kitty and Herc are not going to be nerfed (at least not from what John said, nor what anyone from Kabam ha ever said).

That’s a real issue with what they’ll have to do with Herc and Kitty now, and there will be real game impacts with how strong they were. Similar to true focus affecting ghost and quake. For context, John says that all that would have been changed about Herc would be a reduced immortality timer so you can’t “get away with murder”.

I don’t think the balancing program is perfect personally, I really am not a fan of how they still sell pre release bundles in the full knowledge that champions have a higher chance of being nerfed than ever before, and with no contingency plan announced for what happens afterwards if a champion is nerfed. Do rank down tickets get sent out? Is there any form of compensation at all? We don’t know because Kabam haven’t commented on it.

However, I do think that it opens the door for more interesting champions. Kabam can try bigger and better things because they aren’t forced to keep champions in the game when they’re too powerful, they can slightly tone down champions who are too good and who negatively impact the game. Personally, I agree with John when he says that 5 champions who can solve 10 problems each are better for the game than one champion who can solve 50 problems.

Why do you need any of those 5 champions, when you have the one? Why do you need a Void when you have Quake? Why do you need Silver Centurion when you have Ghost?
    (Rhetorical question there, it’s just to get the point across about having all powerful champions).

Not to mention, the balance program will pick up champions who are underwhelming and bring them in line with actually being useful. John says that he doesn’t like having champions that have no uses and are only used because you like the character and force then being used.

So imagine this balance program being used on Chavez to buff her damage, Purgatory to make her class souls last longer, Centurion’s lock on lasting longer, Mangog getting a damage boost, Skrull and Psychoman’s damage getting buffed and Jubilee not having to trade so much damage for utility.

I’m not saying they’d all definitely have happened, and we will see what the first champ who gets tuned up will look like (hopefully Gorr or Wong), but hopefully that delivers.

I think it’s much better for the game to have this balancing program, even if we have to take some hits with champions getting a nerf. There are still aspects that can be improved, but I think it’s overall a plus.

Maybe it's just me but all the Champs that are too OP or broken seem to have a very common theme - there is something in there kit that either stops them from dying or stops them from taking damage at all. You can make stupidly strong champs but as long as they can't take every fight and die to their counters, then they can be balanced. That's the problem with Herc, Kitty, Ghost (w/ Hood), Quake, Corvus to a lesser extent - if they aren't countered very very specifically, they have a style of gameplay where they're basically invincible. So when Kabam designs content, they either create a situation where one or more of these champs is inevitably an answer (sometimes the best one), or they have to specifically hard counter them and that ruins the opportunity for players to use a lot of champs who aren't broken but might rely on something that Kabam is forced to counter.