Does using higher rarity and ranked champ decreasing our skill in general?

The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
This post is about well say from my experience and hope many will agree.
I am thronebreaker with 7.4 completed. A casual ftp and not arena grinder.

I used mostly 5 star max for act 7 completion. Only 2 of my 6 stars that showed up frequently on my act 7 teams were wags and ht.

I have made posts regarding how poor my 6 star rng luck ia previously. That being said 90% of my roster depends on 5 stars even after act 7 completion. It surely was upsetting for me but I found out one postive side of this.

START READING FROM HERE IF U FEEL LAZY

I remember a time when I used 5 star r4 a lot cause r5 5 stars were tough to get for me. Then gradually r5 ing 5 star become easy and I stopped using r4 completely. After this shift of my roster from r4 yo r5 5 stars completely I feel now if I use r4 i will actually mess up cause i am so used to the healthpools of r5.

In a similar way thinking of shifting the roster from 5 star r5 to 6 star r3 means i will be used to the healthpools of 6 star r3 and it will feel difficult to handle the same fights with 5 r5.
Yes higher rarity champs are must for further progression in story and difficult contents it helps there a lot. But say someone has 30 6 r3. He will do cav eq with 6 r3 only now after a long time if he is told to do cav eq with r5 5 stars I can say he will definitely face difficulty. Which he shouldn't have if he used 5 r5 in higher contents too.

So though my 6 star rng luck is meh. And though my roster depends on 5 stars 90% even after 7. 4 completion I think the silver lining is that I will not get rusty with r5 5 stars. ;)

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,336 Guardian
    You have some truth to what you are saying, however I'm a paragon player with well over 30 r3+ champions, but I still like seeing variety in the game. For easy content, like Cav EQ or SQ, I'll bring in r2 6*s or r5 5*s because they still get the job done. The power gap between r2-r4 for 6*s isn't nearly as large as it is between r2-r4 on 5*s. The power creep is much slower so using r2s or r5 5*s doesn't feel horrible slow like using r4 5*s