Where is the Loyalty?

RotaVirus1982RotaVirus1982 Member Posts: 12
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
In short, with the new addition of rank 4 materials to the loyalty store, a lot of us who purchased the Unstoppable Colossus’s are feeling left out in the cold, we are certainly not feeling compensated for our loyalty here kabam, one thing you might consider doing is buffing the champion to reflect its cost, that would at least feel a little more fair.

Sincerely.

Comments

• RotaVirus1982RotaVirus1982 Member Posts: 12
    You certainly are, jaded lol
    I think it’s stupid to charge all that loyalty for a useless character, maybe even more stupid to buy it I guess but man, you act like I’m asking you to pay for the reconfiguration out of your own pocket lol.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Two examples of perspectives that have merit, but probably could have been framed better, or at least more....diplomatically.

Would anyone be interested if there was a certain way to earn more loyalty by using higher rarities of UC? Like if you use him as a war attacker you get a loyalty boost, or in some special alliance event or something? Something like that could be easily implemented and provide a reasonable response that nobody (lol already typed that so I'll leave it, but I should know the forums better by now) should complain about. UC was not an amazing investment initially, but this would actually give a reason to play him, incentive for people to ever buy him now with all the better deals, and more loyalty to people who bought him because loyalty was a laughable resource if you didn't play high-tier war or hadn't unlocked masteries in the last 5 years.
    Not much of a trophy if you ask me, more like a consolation prize but ok.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    Look, you got your Loyalty reward, and who knows what you used that champ to clear, but I am guessing you didn't buy UC just to have him on your roster.

Keep playing AW and build up Loyalty, and then buy some stuff. You are not owed anything.

If they wanna buff UC, fine with me. Maybe then there would be a good reason to buy him.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 733 ★★★
    It’s merely a case of opportunity cost. Following this reasoning, I would like to be compensated for all of the rank up gems I used on my 6* void and king Groot. I did that just before I pulled a 6* Hercules and a generic awakening gem. I’d much rather have put those in Herc. But oh well. I can’t.
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I wish I hadn’t bought it since the new updates came, but it’s on me. It would’ve been nice to know that the update was coming, but it’s still my unstoppable and unused colossus sitting on the bench
    Vance2_jr said:

It’s merely a case of opportunity cost. Following this reasoning, I would like to be compensated for all of the rank up gems I used on my 6* void and king Groot. I did that just before I pulled a 6* Hercules and a generic awakening gem. I’d much rather have put those in Herc. But oh well. I can’t.

I'm not trying to argue the point of compensation, but I want to point out that there are some definite differences between the two cases. It would be more similar if, last November (when there was no precedent), you used a couple 3* awakening gems on new champs because if you didn't use them, they would just sit in your inventory and have no reason to exist. Then, the week after that, Kabam dropped a trade-in store where you could upgrade 3* AGs to 6* AGs if you had enough. Then, to top it off, you were only one 6* awakening from some magical progression tier that gave you better rewards and opportunities throughout the game, and it would be another month or so until you could possibly hope to dupe another 6*.

Does it mean you deserve compensation? No. Does it really suck and could it have been mitigated by some hints from Kabam or a hitherto unnecessary and unfruitful hoarding of gems? Yes.

Also, yes, I'm still annoyed that I could not really take advantage of the trade-in store. This update cut similarly, though I really appreciate that it isn't temporary.
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 731 ★★★
    This feels like you are telling Kabam not to buff rewards or stores. Otherwise, we are entitled to refunds on loyalty, glory etc. To indulge you, how far back should they refund people? Those that just bought UC last month? or all the way to last year?
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

In short, with the new addition of rank 4 materials to the loyalty store, a lot of us who purchased the Unstoppable Colossus’s are feeling left out in the cold, we are certainly not feeling compensated for our loyalty here kabam, one thing you might consider doing is buffing the champion to reflect its cost, that would at least feel a little more fair.

Sincerely.

So.. If i had money, and i went to buy something.. and then out of the blue something better comes out... I should be compensated and be able to buy that new item... Then of course i would wake up and realize I am not living in a fantasy world..
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Member Posts: 521 ★★★
    Any mention of those that got 20+ million loyalty last season or are we not talking about that anymore?
  • SnakepSnakep Member Posts: 362 ★★★

This feels like you are telling Kabam not to buff rewards or stores. Otherwise, we are entitled to refunds on loyalty, glory etc. To indulge you, how far back should they refund people? Those that just bought UC last month? or all the way to last year?

This is an easy question to answer. He wants it to go back at least as far as effects him. This is more a case of buyers remorse than anything else. If you spend your units on an ofter and then a better offer comes along, you won’t be able to get a refund of your units so you can buy the better offer. It is unfortunate the way it worked out for those that bought UC but there is no easy fix for it, giving a refund would increase the calls to refund other purchases. At least you will be able to save your loyalty going forward as these new items are permanent.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 733 ★★★
    edited September 2022

On the one hand, kabam has no obligation to do anything about it at all, and those of us who got uc need to accept our lack of forethought. On the other hand, the value of loyalty (and by virtue of that the cost of uc) has dramatically increased in an unexpected way. It'd be real classy if they changed both his cost in the store (to rebalance the cost/reward so it scaled with the new items) and made a good faith gesture towards uc owners of giving back the difference. I don't expect nor feel entitled to that, and im sure it'd be a logistical nightmare. If I was in charge, though, it's what I'd do.

But it cuts both ways though. For those who didn’t buy UC, what happens when those who did get comped? Does Kabam then have to comp everybody who didn’t buy it (for whatever reason) with a UC?

I’m all for comping when it’s legitimately warranted, but “we deserve comp!!!” seems to be the rallying cry around here lately and, quite frankly, used to death. We all need to stop being so damn entitled and own our stuff, mistakes and all.
  • DanthexmanDanthexman Member Posts: 197

On the one hand, kabam has no obligation to do anything about it at all, and those of us who got uc need to accept our lack of forethought. On the other hand, the value of loyalty (and by virtue of that the cost of uc) has dramatically increased in an unexpected way. It'd be real classy if they changed both his cost in the store (to rebalance the cost/reward so it scaled with the new items) and made a good faith gesture towards uc owners of giving back the difference. I don't expect nor feel entitled to that, and im sure it'd be a logistical nightmare. If I was in charge, though, it's what I'd do.

I agree but you can't really call it forethought if we didn't know about the store update when we bought him. Yes no one put a gun to our heads but I'm quite sure if there were more options we would've spent our loyalty in other ways. Don't really care about compensation here as I know it's a transaction and you get what you pay for but there is literally no reason at all that he can't be buffed and we can actually begin to enjoy what was paid for. It's no skin off anyone's nose...except maybe for all the people who are feeling high and mighty because they DIDNT buy him
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★

I think it’s stupid to charge all that loyalty for a useless character, maybe even more stupid to buy it I guess but man, you act like I’m asking you to pay for the reconfiguration out of your own pocket lol.

You bought that champion.....on purpose. It's not like the loyalty expires. You don't need to be compensated for making a conscious purchase.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 891 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    I agree with no reason to refund, but do know they sat back and laughed their #$%'s off at all of us who bought him and them knowing this was coming.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,298 Guardian

If I was in charge, I wouldn't let you.

This isn't a harmless change. It signals to players something the game tries hard to signal the opposite: that choices don't have consequences. If you're sitting on a few million loyalty and there''s no obvious valuable thing to spend it on, you can just do whatever you want with it because if something valuable does come along, you'll have lost nothing. That choice has no downside. Spend, because if you get upset later on the game will make you whole.

When choices have no consequences, there are no actual choices. Games are about choices. And whether people want to acknowledge this or not, resource management is a significant part of the game. It isn't a meaningless chore, it is as important as dexing and intercepting. All resources have value. They all have current value and they all have some unknown future value. You make a choice about how to use those resources, and you live with that choice knowing that the future will be different, and there may be better choices, and if you want access to those future choices you make the right choices today.

If a player thought UC was worthless they shouldn't have bought him. If they thought he was safe to buy because there would be no negative consequences spending a million loyalty on him, they were wrong. They should learn they were wrong, so they don't do that again.

Every choice has meaning and consequences. Even the ones you think don't.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    That’s on you man..
    DNA3000 said:

If I was in charge, I wouldn't let you.

This isn't a harmless change. It signals to players something the game tries hard to signal the opposite: that choices don't have consequences. If you're sitting on a few million loyalty and there''s no obvious valuable thing to spend it on, you can just do whatever you want with it because if something valuable does come along, you'll have lost nothing. That choice has no downside. Spend, because if you get upset later on the game will make you whole.

When choices have no consequences, there are no actual choices. Games are about choices. And whether people want to acknowledge this or not, resource management is a significant part of the game. It isn't a meaningless chore, it is as important as dexing and intercepting. All resources have value. They all have current value and they all have some unknown future value. You make a choice about how to use those resources, and you live with that choice knowing that the future will be different, and there may be better choices, and if you want access to those future choices you make the right choices today.

If a player thought UC was worthless they shouldn't have bought him. If they thought he was safe to buy because there would be no negative consequences spending a million loyalty on him, they were wrong. They should learn they were wrong, so they don't do that again.

Every choice has meaning and consequences. Even the ones you think don't.
    The problem that I have with most people that are taking the "you get what you paid for" argument, yours being a kinder and much better worded version of that, is that they say things like "you bought UC knowing that he was worthless". Sure, that might be true, but at least to me and I'm sure to many others who don't play high tier war, loyalty was literally worthless as well. We made a coin-flip decision because there was no precedent of this kind of change in the value of the currency, and we chose the slightly more interesting option that was still worthless.

It may have been you that responded to me the other day (if not, this isn't really @ you, but I wanted to continue the thought), but this just also brings up a point I made previously. Again, I don't really expect any sort of compensation for my decision, but this is an area that Kabam could really improve on communication. A simple "for all you *loyal* summoners out there, look out for a massive update on your loyalty store in a few months time" would have gone a long way. I think the previous response was along the lines of there still being plenty of players who would have bought UC the day before the post, ending in the same predicament. This is where I would like to argue that communication before change matters. Sure, those people would still have traded a massive amount of loyalty in, but many other summoners who weren't really interested in UC would have had some reason to hold out, and those who did buy him would have plenty of time to build back up their stash of loyalty by the time the store actually opened. Sure, there is not a huge difference in the scenarios, but the psychological impact seems distinctly different. Then again, I'm an engineer and not a Psychologist. What do I know.
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    I used my r2-3 gem on hulkbuster to get tb
    Now I pulled herc,I need my r2-3 gem back
  • PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Member Posts: 334 ★★★
    Kabam is not responsible for that. You should have thought before buying a meme tier champ.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    In retrospect, an announcement well ahead of the loyalty store change would have been nice.

had i known there would have been another use for loyalty other than buying the newly expensive pots for AW, i wouldnt have built the stash i did and just bought pots as needed.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Member Posts: 444 ★★★
    Let's be honest here...

The real fix here that's required is for him to be buffed. Especially as Colossus and Juggs have both gone through the buff process. Seems silly now that he's supposed to be a hybrid of the two and yet has none of their ability.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 831 ★★★★
    If someone litteralyl bought Unstoppable colossus say 7 days or less before the store change... I'd say they have a legit gripe.

People who maybe did it 2 months ago when the previous loyalty store changes happened, and a lot of people decided to quit war because it was to expensive for meme rewards: I'd maybe feel bad for / they thought they were getting the most useful thing they could... but its not like loyalty has a hard cap or expires like glory... I'd say they are stuck if it were my call.

I'd be more interested to see if there become alternative ways to get the champ now, since the way the loyalty store works is different... should 6 star UC go into the "gifting crystal replacements" as the new trophy champ? Not exactly a good champ, but neither was thanos.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Member Posts: 444 ★★★
    Nope. Putting UC in any kind of crystal at all would only serve to piss off the people who purchased him even more. If he went into a crystal then anyone who bought him should absolutely be given a loyalty refund (or fairer still, the option to sell him back for loyalty)

The only way he even remotely justifies the loyalty cost is that this is the only way to obtain him.

Still think he needs a buff though even if it were a minor one. He doesn't have to be a world beater but it would be nice if there was reason to play him once in a while.