**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank down ticket because of all the new top 5 prestige champs in the last year

CulteeCultee Posts: 153
edited September 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
There’s a lot of people in the prestige race. the top 5 that we knew, we were ranking up the Thor rags, ranking up the Namors, then come Hercules and omega sentinels. At one point all these champs were in the top 5 in the last 12months. A lot of us rank up people in the top 5 prestige just because of their prestige alone, nothing else. If we knew that a few months from now the top 5 would look completely different. We wouldn’t saved those resources. We would’ve saved the ton of sig stones that are probably the hardest resource to come by.
It’s probably a long shot. But I think we deserve at least one rank down ticket because of all this grinding and spending we’ve been doing.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    The prestige race has always been a whale competition and we just got a quicker turnaround this year. Anyone pouring all their signature stones on Namor or anyone around the 4th top prestige above must know that they're at the brink of getting thrown at the top 5 anytime soon (especially older champions). It was your decision and you took the rest. Tbf, Omega Sentinel being toppled in a few months was really surprising though.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Rank at your own risk. It’s been proven time and again that new higher prestige champs will come out. Also with R4 materials becoming more available RDT really aren’t even in the conversation.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Let's imagine even if they did give you the rank down tickets , you are never gonna get your sig stones back . Makes no sense of ranking down since people in prestige race have top 5 champs at sig 200 always.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    N that is why over-inflated champions like silver surfer, thor rags, namor, sunspot will remain where they belong. 6* rank 1. Kitty Pryde, Omega Sentinel and Hercules will be pumped to their optimum level, and not maxed for some reason called prestige.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    It is a game that needs to stay alive. Ofcourse they create champs that are of interest to the people that spend on the game. Why else would they spend.
    Be it prestige of new/better utility.
    Look at it this way, this post must be somewhere in the top 10 inlogical reasonings on these forums. But in a month or 2 it might be number 11. We are not asking for our reactions to be removed when that happens.
    Those champs you ranked will still give you high prestige. Just not the highest.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You realize that there will always be new prestige champs and that rank down tickets would defeat the purpose of adding the new champs? Lmao. Besides which, the real issue for the whales at the top of the prestige race is the sig stones. Rank downs wouldn't even help that much. But if you rank a useless champ for prestige, you do so knowing that they will eventually get bumped from the top 5.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    I think it's probably healthy for the game if the top prestige champions are switched out more often than they have been in the past. Thor Ragnarok, who was just pushed out of the top 5, was released five years ago. Then you had a bunch of champions (Silver Surfer, Doom, Namor) who were released in 2019. Last year, the only champion in the top 5 who wasn't several years old was Hercules. The top spots needed new blood or else it would have become extremely stagnant.

Could Kabam have handled it in a different way than to keep a status quo for several years and then bombarding the top spots with new champions during a relatively short period of time? Perhaps. But I still think it's for the best, and I don't think that people who ranked up prestige champions should get rank-down tickets simply because new champions came out and made the older ones obsolete. I could just as well make an argument for an RDT for an old champion whose abilities have now been made obsolete by several champions released this year, and that would be absolutely absurd. It is simply the way of life within this game. It has to evolve.
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    i totally agree with this.. i personally to be able to remain in top 5 AQ where we are now spend $3200 on crystals to get Valkyrie barely a month ago.. and for what !!! this has to stop.. give us generic rank down tickets !!!!!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I tell you what, I ranked up a champion and now they released a better champion this month, I honestly cannot believe they kept the game improving so I would require rank down tickets so I can rank up the new and better champion.
  • What's up with all the people trying to eat prime rib on a ground chuck budget? 😂.

If you're going to commit to chasing prestige, get ready to continually chase it or don't try to sit at the big kids table.

Or just incentivize people to use an arena bot.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Lol
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

What's up with all the people trying to eat prime rib on a ground chuck budget? 😂.

If you're going to commit to chasing prestige, get ready to continually chase it or don't try to sit at the big kids table.

Or just incentivize people to use an arena bot.
    If you think bots are putting up 300M points in the arena... Lol
  • This was a predictable event. I don’t spend, the odd unit card here and there over last few years and that’s about it. I have over 5 sig200 6* and will probably have another after this EoP ends, with Carina still to do.
    This meant that I could qualify for a top AQ alliance with no spending. It was obvious that the prestige meta was going to shift massively this year because of that. Until 7* come out there’s going to be a lot of very high prestige champions being released to encourage spending and to keep the prestige race alive.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Cultee said:

There’s a lot of people in the prestige race. the top 5 that we knew, we were ranking up the Thor rags, ranking up the Namors, then come Hercules and omega sentinels. At one point all these champs were in the top 5 in the last 12months. A lot of us rank up people in the top 5 prestige just because of their prestige alone, nothing else. If we knew that a few months from now the top 5 would look completely different. We wouldn’t saved those resources. We would’ve saved the ton of sig stones that are probably the hardest resource to come by.
    It’s probably a long shot. But I think we deserve at least one rank down ticket because of all this grinding and spending we’ve been doing.

You made a choice to invest in a prestige champ. You deserve nothing.
  • We've already stated in the Forum FAQs that we don't have any plans to bring back Rank Down Tickets. However, if we change our minds about that in the future, we'll be sure to let you all know!
This discussion has been closed.