**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My theory on who the final bosses will be for Act 8.

Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
As the title says I have a theory and some evidence to back it up.
This will also get into some spoiler territory for MRoC's conclusion but that came out months ago so go catch up if you want.

So we all know we'll be getting Black Widow (Scytalis) as the 8.1 final boss. (From the most recent inside the content video)

We also know that this Black Widow is essential a corrupted pawn for the Chronoserpent which has been stated to be the endgame in terms of the storyline. The Chronoserpent also has 2 other minions it has corrupted (The punisher and a hulk looking figure)

For those unaware of what the Chronoserpent is:
It's basically a creature from a dead cosmos before the one we currently exist in.When the battlerealm was being formed it corrupted it's core and somewhere down the line was exiled and entered a dormant state but now its awake and its body is slowly coiling around the cosmos as we speak.

Onto the 2 other pawns it has under control, first up we have hulk.

Pretty much no info is available about this character but we can assume that it's similar to Black Widow a pawn doing it's evil bidding. Corrupted and having increased abilities.
I speculate this'll be the 8.2 final boss.

Secondly we have punisher. For those who have been keeping up with the timeline for some time you'll know that the Punisher literally disappeared from the game and we haven't been given an explanation, well now we know why:
(It's the shadow character with the skull on it's chest, we also see the corrupted black widow and hulk next to the Chronoserpent)

Again pretty much no info on this character but it's safe to assume that it's simply another pawn.
I speculate this'll be the 8.3 final boss.

And for the final Act 8 boss, it'll be the big bad itself - The Chronoserpent. With the introduction of Black Widow a personal pawn to the serpent it's all pointing to it being the final boss with it's minions paving the way for the serpent to finally reclaim the contest as it sees the place as it's domain.

Feedback is always appreciated. Do y'all agree? Any cracks in my theory? Will kabam continue to push their endgame villain forwards and not have us face it this act?

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Why is that character a hulk? I may have missed something or a story line from somewhere but it doesn’t look like a typical hulk to me.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    The whole buff look does it for me. Nothing's been confirmed so it's what I go with.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,064 ★★★★★
    I thought some evil Nick Fury pawn was coming too based on the graphic ... I sure hope not though lol
    Unio77 said:

The whole buff look does it for me. Nothing's been confirmed so it's what I go with.

Oh okay, I thought maybe he was from realms in the hulk faction or something. Idk I never played that game. To me he doesn’t look like anyone I’ve seen before. So could be a hulk. Regardless you’re probably not far off on the overall theory.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,397 ★★★★★
    This my theory too
    Jaded said:

Unio77 said:

Oh okay, I thought maybe he was from realms in the hulk faction or something. Idk I never played that game. To me he doesn’t look like anyone I’ve seen before. So could be a hulk. Regardless you’re probably not far off on the overall theory.
    Well I can say from my experience in playing MRoC that generic hulks did look like that
    Unio77 said:

Jaded said:

Unio77 said:

Well I can say from my experience in playing MRoC that generic hulks did look like that
    That’s what I was missing and was curious about. Thanks.
    edited September 2022
    Ive also got a bit more important info on the Chronoserpent in the pipeline but I'll write that up when I have time later today
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    Don't really think this is much of a theory as anyone with half a brain that reads the story knows this will he the case now that bw scytalis is the known first boss. Also I don't think chronoserpent will be the end all be all. I'm sure there will be some other new threat once we defeat him too.