**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How much did you spend on Scytalys?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
Yea so I am about to face her soon, but decided to grab couple more pots and revs, so I wonder how much did you spend on her? Ofc rosters are different, so it might be helpful if you also shared what your roster looks like

Thank you in advance :smile:

Comments

• Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    The champs I actually used were:
    5* Apoc R5
    6* Apoc R2
    6* Herc R4 (not very ramped up)

I ended up being able to take her down to the final 5% with those champs
    The final 5% cost me like 4 20% revives because I didn't fully understand it and even when I did it's by far the slowest most annoying part of the fight

And make sure to make a mental note of where on the map she is after finishing a special because that's where a trap will be placed and they're currently bugged and not visible
    I used the background to keep track of this (how close she was to a bunch of crates for instance
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    My first run went really easy. I think I used two team revives (which is not much at all for me) and a couple of regular ones. I had activated a node that made Scytalys shrug off debuffs, but I brought in White Mags to place his guidance boost which made me able to parry stun her easily. That basically shut down the whole node.

My second run was way worse. I think I used five or six team revives and an embarrassing amount of ordinary revives (most of them at the end). Unlike previously, I didn't have a way to shut down the node I had activated (she reflects stuns unless she's armor-broken).

All of this said, I highly suggest you wait until the bug where her traps are invisible is fixed. It makes the fight infinitely harder since you're supposed to slam her into her own traps. If you can't see them, you have to guess and, well...sigh. It was mostly that that screwed me over on my second attempt. When I could parry her easily, it didn't matter too much that I didn't see the traps since I could just heavy her forward and eventually she'd land in one. However, when that strategy failed, I found it much more difficult to just guess where those traps were, and I usually only had one special attack to attempt to throw her backward with instead of more or less infinite heavy attacks.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    240 units.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Just got done with exploration. Fun boss but too easy compared to the previous ones we've got. Spent 1-3 revives per run on her. The 100% to 5% is always a one shot but I always mess up on the final 5%.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    One 20% revive
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    I finished explorarion yesterday, only on my first run were her traps working properly. Total I used 3 team revs and a 40% rev for all 6 paths, and no potions and those items were just split between the 2nd and 3rd paths. You get used to not seeing the traps
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Got her really low on my first run with apoc, finished her with kitty. 0 units, but have only done initial so far.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    The first phase I got in the first try.
    Second phase I messed up a couple of times. In the first phase I was lucky to heavy/special her right into her trap.
    Second phase I missed the trap about 12 times. As soon as I started thinking instead of mashing buttons I got her down without any additional revives.
    If you read her abilities you should be good with maybe 1 or 2 team revives if you have some decent champs on your team.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    One revive, rest of the clears were solos with Apoc, Cable, and Stryfe (only used Apoc but Cable and Sryfe are synergy important) Scytalis was so easy, even though the traps are bugged, I 100%ed her quest first cause she's the most enjoyable boss.

• RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136
    No revives, though I got what was probably a fluke run taking her from 80% to 6% with Kitty.
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    A few revives more than planned (took a few hits before I realized there was a bug)...maybe 7 20% revives on the first run.

I took in 6*r4 Herc, iHulk, Omega Sentinel, Ultron and 6*r3 Nimrod.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    400 units, I was already in the fight before knowing what's happening with the traps and why they're not showing and managed to get her to 40%, AQ started and I need to free the champs so I had to burn units on this bugged fight
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Seeing the videos of content creators and reading posts like this get me excited to one day get into Act 8. For now being patient with my progress.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Yea so I am about to face her soon, but decided to grab couple more pots and revs, so I wonder how much did you spend on her? Ofc rosters are different, so it might be helpful if you also shared what your roster looks like

Thank you in advance :smile:

The first time I faced her managed to get her to 40% with no revives no potions no boosts and no units spent,but I dont wanna spend on her cuz she's easy so I've just restarted, that was yesterday and in a few hours I think she'll be done for good
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Spent zero units on exploring 8.1 and finished exploration with items still in overflow. It's honestly all pretty easy.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    2 20% revives on Scytalis exploration
    3-4 20% revives in entire 8.1 exploration
    No health pots used
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

My 6* r4 apoc is absolutely killing her. i am having 0 problems with her even with the invisble traps lol

I'm assuming Apoc is great since his Specials are so long and do a great job of pushing the defender backward.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    just fought her twice both itemless. Jubilee got her down to 4% both times and then I died and let the rest of the team clean up
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    She's really not that bad. I've beat her 3 times w/o visible traps and nearly got the solo on my second run. Got her down to 35K.
  • HunkyRangerHunkyRanger Posts: 78
    Trust me, man, I am just a casual player, and I could bring her down in 3 fights, no revives. Colossus Apoc and wags are what I used; it's a superb design and simple fight. I just learnt the fight mechanics from players on youtube ( thanks to them) and it was easiest among all boss fights in Act 7
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    Ha ha ha I spent over 1k units on revives was absolute nightmare for me. I know loads got it done solo or revive or 2 I know how the mechanics work but I kept getting put in the trap because I couldn't see it. Guess I just suck but still there shouldn't be the bug regardless of how easy others might find it.
  • Bossmode12Bossmode12 Posts: 105
    I just spent 500 units and still in phase 2. I cant get her in the invisible trap. Such bs
    Anyway I'm done with it by now and spent 40 units. I've made a thread too

I just spent 500 units and still in phase 2. I cant get her in the invisible trap. Such bs

Just parry heavy and dont move forward
    Even tho some time there really is some bs happening with these traps...
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    2 revives due to the bug